[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
I cant be disappointed if I'm honest. We have gone from near death to playing a team like juve in tallaght in a european competition. And sure if i have no belief whats the point? you know what i mean?

KOH

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
no i said overly confident
anyone who says juve are going through against the crap club from Ireland and then says they will win 5-0 is overly confident

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Why?

Is that not a belief that we will win 5-0?

To be fair if we fielding our strongest side I expect us to score close to double figures over the two legs.

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
but thats underestimation aswell have realistic beliefs you probably will win but winning in double figure is an unrealistic belief and is a severe underestimation of what Rovers can do.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It is a realistic belief, if we field our best team thats close to over 100 Million pounds. If they cannot put 10 past them in two legs then I'd expect there contracts to be withdrawn. However if we field the type of teams we have been doing in preseason then I'd just expect comfortable 2-0 wins each leg.

Jun 9, 2009
I would love to know why anyone would think we are going to win by double figures. Judging by our recent past outings our creative side isn't exactly showing.

You have a Juventus side that can barely string a few ideas together against a team, although not on the same technical level, but mid season, FIT, top of the league and have proved they have heart to battle it out.

I'm definitely not saying the rovers will win, but take your head out of the clouds for a second, be realistic, Juve will win over the two legs but its going to be tough. Shamrock will try kick the legs of us. And imho, irish players are underrated, they have nothing but heart. Its the biggest game of there careers and im pretty sure they will put in a good performance but Juve are going to win none the less, certainly not 10-nil though.

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
i expect rovers to give you a game and to do our league and our fans proud if we win its a bonus but anyone who feels that you'll win in double figures expect disappointment

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
I would love to know why anyone would think we are going to win by double figures. Judging by our recent past outings our creative side isn't exactly showing.

You have a Juventus side that can barely string a few ideas together against a team, although not on the same technical level, but mid season, FIT, top of the league and have proved they have heart to battle it out.

I'm definitely not saying the rovers will win, but take your head out of the clouds for a second, be realistic, Juve will win over the two legs but its going to be tough. Shamrock will try kick legs of us. And imho, irish players are underrated, they have nothing but heart. Its the biggest game of there careers and im pretty sure they will put in a good performance but Juve are going to win none the less, certainly not 10-nil though.
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SENSE

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Double figures over two legs...you people understanding this?

0-4 away & 6-0 at home for example...

-------

Either way, Shamrock should be proud of themselves, although Juve should progress. If its messy 1-0's I don't care, as long as we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)