[Europa League] Sevilla 2-1 Juventus [18th May, 2023 21:00 CEST] (1 Viewer)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
There was a period somewhere around the mid 00’s when I missed most of our matches for several reasons. Hard to find it on cable tv, no such thing as streaming back then and just had a lot going on with life at the time.

My point is even then I still had a strong passion for the sport and would follow it whenever possible. These last few years I realized that passion is dead. The league sucks and it’s never making a comeback. There’s no appeal, no money. Teams aren’t good and half of them don’t even own their own stadiums/or are just outdated as fuck.

But not only for Juventus, my passion is gone for the game itself.

I really can’t relate to players of today. Hell, I watched Maradona play, Romário at his peak, etc
why would I bother with these average mofos who have no clue what to do with the ball? I think Messi/Ronaldo were the last ones of a bygone era.
I agree with most you said.
As kid I used to listen games via radio or on those regional tv channels that made commentary since they coudn't air the game that were sold to Stream/Tele+ and later Sky
I know I'm boring but what killed it for me is 7years of Allegri.
Even when we were shitty like under Ranieri,Ferrara and the rest I always followed as I could
Always liked watching the game cause at least players gave their shit for the team. We played decently and what missed was quality compared to Milan,Inter and Roma
I mean post 2007 after our Serie A return.
Then we kept improving one bit at time but from 2018-2019 everything went shit. Crazy market moves. Crazy prices to follow Juventus at the stadium.
I used to pay for my season ticket and follow Coppa Italia and best games in CL to see some of the best players from so close....
But since new stadium prices tripled or so. From 275€ to 790€ last summer. This made me not attend Coppa Italia or CL.
Plus watching Allegri style live is even more depressing.

Then Juventus basically killed our ultras and cheering went downhill.
Other teams won't kick forever their hardcore fans. They'd rather close down the sector and not punish them.
Instead to follow international appeal we went hard. Now hundreds are banned and people wonder what happened to Curva Sud tifo.
Small stadium,crazy prices, Allegri, banned fans and Juventus FC never speaking against those piece of shits that what ruined it for me.
I'm there, where sometimes I go to sleep before a match! cause I pray for a miracle to happen and we somehow win.
watching 90+ mins of our games is too much for my poor hearth.
I always try but always ends in depression.

We really need a new owner. A bigger stadium, better prices, better player trading and management. A good trainer.
Now the only way for me to be optimistic about the future would be us hiring Klopp and let him build something.
IF they go for the unexperienced italian coach or stick with Allegri... that's it. I won't renew my pay tv deal and I will still make my season ticket but shared 50% with a friend.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
funny thing is that i usually sleep badly after painful losses, but not yesterday. i expected a relegation and that's exactly what happened. we played more or less the same match as always, we made similar mistakes, it's just not the usual suspects (i didn't expect both di maria and chiesa to choke badly), that's all

so i'm having a fine day even though i should feel like shit. thank you jj/ceferin/figc, it took like 5 years, now you killed ALL of my enthusiasm for football. first there was the inexplicable change of direction (new logo, new directors, the inexplicable sacking of marotta, signing ronaldo who i never liked, overspending on wages, etc), then i stopped liking the team as a unit since years, then i stopped watching non-juve matches since our points penalty. so all that's left is a 30+ years old habit of watching juventus matches whenever i can
Same, I've been off football for years. The real football imo is playing 5s with your mates on a Tuesday night, or taking a ball to the park and kicking it around with your brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews and having a laugh. The bloated, drab spectacle that the professional game has become just holds so little appeal to me these days.

I gave up on football at the beginning of Ronaldo's first season. It had been building up for a while and somewhere between Bonucci starting a fight at half time in Cardiff, Marotta leaving, Douglas Costa spitting in somebody's mouth, Emre Can and his 'We're not women, we're playing football' comments and the Ronaldo rape story coming out, and Agnelli responding by giving it 'That's not the Ronaldo I know' I was just done with it all. They ruined the team in just a few months.

I only came back to watching Juve this season, and I watch the big Celtic games. Tbh I do enjoy it, despite the awful football from Juve atm. Being a part of this community is great, Tuz is basically the only social media I use atm.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
But the coach wasn’t the problem last night. It was Juve finishing.

We don’t deserve ass this season anyway. This club lifting any kind of trophy would have been sacrilege.
No dude that's where you're wrong.
The coach is at fault when your game plan is defend and hope for a counter.
Being always on the defensive while Sevilla plan was to win so they kept attacking. Juventus mindset that's the manager fault.
That's the mentality and strategy he imposed on the team.
That's what I'm tired and depressed and angry to see.

The damages Allegri did to our team in the years has been massive.
Now we gotta thank Andrea Agnelli for gifting 4years of contract to him....

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
funny thing is that i usually sleep badly after painful losses, but not yesterday.
I didn't sleep bad either. Comfortably numb as @GordoDeCentral said lol.

BUT this shit to me feels almost as bad if not worse than getting trashed by Real in a CL final.

We can't even beat fucking Sevilla and reach a EL final, let that sink in.

If Al-Legri and Jihadiball wouldn't have robbed me of all of my feelings already, I'd have had an aneurysma.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

We don’t deserve ass this season anyway. This club lifting any kind of trophy would have been sacrilege.
I blame the players for individual mistakes but I have to disagree he wasn’t the problem. I think he’s been the problem all along.

Yesterday there were moments we played quick passing high pressure forward football when we were behind. It proves we could do that at any match if we wanted to and these players, this squad is capable of that but based on Cuadrado’s comments pre-match it’s clear its not how mister wants us to play.

He’s a coward, there I said it. He’s afraid if we attack too intensively we’ll just lose the ball and concede, which unfortunately does happen but it shows he’s a limited coach incapable of building a team that knows how to attack as well as defend.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No dude that's where you're wrong.
The coach is at fault when your game plan is defend and hope for a counter.
Being always on the defensive with Sevilla keep attacking and try to win the game that's the manager fault.
That's the mentality and strategy he imposed on the team.
That's what I'm tired and depressed and angry to see.

The damages Allegri did to our team in the years has been massive.
Now we gotta thank Andrea Agnelli for gifting 4years of contract to him....
To a neutral, it was not a lopsided mismatch game - end to end at times - despite the heavy possession and shots stats for Sevilla. Because seriously: we were never going to win in Sevilla. Even with 95% of other coaching options.

It doesn’t absolve Allegri of his own contributions. But individual play had far better chances for Juve than Sevilla got (not unlike a recent Real Madrid CL win). I don’t care what coach you have if you’re consistently blowing open scoring opportunities. The players need to take some blame too.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...BUT this shit to me feels almost as bad if not worse than getting trashed by Real in a CL final.

We can't even beat fucking Sevilla and reach a EL final, let that sink in...
not judging, just telling my part of the story: this team is nowhere near the quality of the team that lost a cl final, not even close to the team that went out against ajax, lyon or porto

this team has literally zero players who'd start for juve 2013-'18. zero. i set my expectations accordingly: this team can occasionally beat better teams, but will lose to squads with less quality. it's not that i'm fine with it, it's just that i'm not even surprised when it happens. who's supposed to carry this team? we don't have pirlo, vidal, mandzukic, licht, chiellini, barza, tevez, buffon, ronaldo, higuain (etc) anymore, we don't even have a dybala, a bonucci, a pjanic, a khedira or a vucinic. di maria, pogba and chiesa are broken for different reasons, vlahovic and fagioli still have to grow a lot, our midfield is by far the worse of the last decade, we don't have a stadium with a proper atmosphere, we lack the right approach to win a match, we lack continuity, vision, quality. we lack everything that makes a team. so yeah, if monza of all teams or the worst sassuolo of the last few years can beat us anytime, and we've been losing most big matches for the last 2 seasons anyway, an away loss to sevilla, the best el team of the last decade and a decent spanish mid-table team, isn't something that shocks me

again, not judging, it's just my 2 cents

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

I agree that we should've scored 3 goals in the first 60 minutes but we decided to sit back and try to soak up the pressure which has been a common theme in the last two seasons.

I'm inclined to think that either a) Allegri instructs the team to park the bus and/or b) we don't properly train how to play out from the back when under pressure. Anyway, there is no excuse for this carcinogenic football.

Also that lackluster first leg was unforgivable.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I agree that we should've scored 3 goals in the first 60 minutes but we decided to sit back and try to soak up the pressure which has been a common theme in the last two seasons.

I'm inclined to think that either a) Allegri instructs the team to park the bus and/or b) we don't properly train how to play out from the back when under pressure. Anyway, there is no excuse for this carcinogenic football.

Also that lackluster first leg was unforgivable.
If I had to take a guess I don’t think he tells them to just sit back but he must instruct them to play in such a cautious way they don’t take risks going forward.

Our passing game is generally slow and mostly passive. You can see it on the way players react when receiving a ball, they’re already looking to either pass back or sideways. It’s gotta be the way they’re instructed to play.

Iling Jr has been a breath of fresh air in that regard because he’s the opposite. He’s already thinking on how to move forward and he’ll take risks. It doesn’t always work but the kid is doing what nobody else is.

If we had a coach who could implement that mentality this would be an entirely different team.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

We had our chances but so did they. Their defense was pure shit but we could not take advantage of the spaces resulting from their aggressive attacking game. That’s on Allegri

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
There was a period somewhere around the mid 00’s when I missed most of our matches for several reasons. Hard to find it on cable tv, no such thing as streaming back then and just had a lot going on with life at the time.

My point is even then I still had a strong passion for the sport and would follow it whenever possible. These last few years I realized that passion is dead. The league sucks and it’s never making a comeback. There’s no appeal, no money. Teams aren’t good and half of them don’t even own their own stadiums/or are just outdated as fuck.

But not only for Juventus, my passion is gone for the game itself.

I really can’t relate to players of today. Hell, I watched Maradona play, Romário at his peak, etc
why would I bother with these average mofos who have no clue what to do with the ball? I think Messi/Ronaldo were the last ones of a bygone era.
tbh my passion for juventus ball might be gone, but i still love balls. balls on face. nice shaped balls on forehead

wait what was the subject again?

Angelus87

Jan 10, 2022
It s not like we could not win. In 90 min we had 2xGatti header,Di Maria 1v1, Rabiot 1v1 and Kean post + in ET 2 sitters for Chiesa( First one was for 2:1 for us just before their 2:1 goal). Juve had a lot of chances to win game.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I had no reaction to this game, it went as expected. It was obvious after seeing the approach very early on that they were fucked. Sevilla played like they had no respect for Juve, and they also played harder. If they were more clinical they could've scored four, five, i dont know how many more times. Pathetic approach and effort...that stuff lands primarily on the coach.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We never stood a chance, we are losers bound to concede it in the end.
It was obvious from the first round, where Sevilla had the upperhand and easily obtained the away goal that gave them the early lead. We failed there.
We have a very weak defense, we were bound to concede in both matches, so in one of those games we ought to score twice. With Danillo who is not really a defender deployed as CB and the pitiful situstion of starting with Gati, we really cant expect much.
Sevilla has a much better mngt, with a lesser budget, they can get an AMF like Rakitic, we have been failing to land for more than a decade now.
We rely on little kid, Fagioli for all our creative work, Sevilla's owners though, with their high influence, can have him crippled, without even getting a warning from their pet ref.
As our owners are hated, the refs would favor our opponents, esp away. You could see the intention of the dutch ref from the first minutes, he was letting anything fly from Sev and giving all infractions with the first chance against us. Canceling one goal from us from an indirect offside was a certainty bound to happen, i knew they would find a way to null it, as we have been seeing it happen with consistency in Italy too and noone cares.
Sevilla was just defending their lead early on and gave us the false impression we had the initiative. They knew we need a trillion chances to score once and if needed they could score after five minutes of pressure.
O well, it took them 6 minutes this time and we never had the chance to bounce back, as expected...
Please post more. This forum needs your informed analysis just as much as it needs your positivity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)