[Europa League] Sevilla 2-1 Juventus [18th May, 2023 21:00 CEST] (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We never stood a chance, we are losers bound to concede it in the end.
It was obvious from the first round, where Sevilla had the upperhand and easily obtained the away goal that gave them the early lead. We failed there.
We have a very weak defense, we were bound to concede in both matches, so in one of those games we ought to score twice. With Danillo who is not really a defender deployed as CB and the pitiful situstion of starting with Gati, we really cant expect much.
Sevilla has a much better mngt, with a lesser budget, they can get an AMF like Rakitic, we have been failing to land for more than a decade now.
We rely on little kid, Fagioli for all our creative work, Sevilla's owners though, with their high influence, can have him crippled, without even getting a warning from their pet ref.
As our owners are hated, the refs would favor our opponents, esp away. You could see the intention of the dutch ref from the first minutes, he was letting anything fly from Sev and giving all infractions with the first chance against us. Canceling one goal from us from an indirect offside was a certainty bound to happen, i knew they would find a way to null it, as we have been seeing it happen with consistency in Italy too and noone cares.
Sevilla was just defending their lead early on and gave us the false impression we had the initiative. They knew we need a trillion chances to score once and if needed they could score after five minutes of pressure.
O well, it took them 6 minutes this time and we never had the chance to bounce back, as expected...

Last edited:

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Well deserved by Sevilla.
Allegri :rofl:The ball crossed the 1st goal and the idiot already had 10 people inside the goal keepers' box by the time the ball actually hit the back of the net :rofl::rofl:
Ref :rofl:What a shit show. We should have been 2goals and 1 man down by the HT. Having said that- I'm very happy he gave the red to that fuckface Acuna. He is missing the final, right?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'd assume Amazon wouldn't make one of their products difficult to develop for but it could be just that I guess.
firestick uses an android fork as far as i know, there's no need for separate development. also firesticks use underpowered hardware (save for the max version) so there's that too

i'd say get a chromecast 4k with google tv if the issues persist. it's shocking how better it is than most smart tv platforms or similarly priced streaming players i've seen (bar the nvidia shield pro which is like $200 and the apple tv which costs even more probably), it is one of the few proper tech bargains left

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
I didnt watched the game, on purpose, I was just playing some video games (bloodborne lol). It just football doesnt make much sense to me, even more with Allegri at the wheel.
I saw the highlights tho and nothing surprised me, pure garbage of a play, players moving like zombies stuck forever in energy conserve mode.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
funny thing is that i usually sleep badly after painful losses, but not yesterday. i expected a relegation and that's exactly what happened. we played more or less the same match as always, we made similar mistakes, it's just not the usual suspects (i didn't expect both di maria and chiesa to choke badly), that's all

so i'm having a fine day even though i should feel like shit. thank you jj/ceferin/figc, it took like 5 years, now you killed ALL of my enthusiasm for football. first there was the inexplicable change of direction (new logo, new directors, the inexplicable sacking of marotta, signing ronaldo who i never liked, overspending on wages, etc), then i stopped liking the team as a unit since years, then i stopped watching non-juve matches since our points penalty. so all that's left is a 30+ years old habit of watching juventus matches whenever i can

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
We never stood a chance, we are losers bound to concede it in the end.
Yes
It was obvious from the first round, where Sevilla had the upperhand and easily obtained the away goal that gave them the early lead. We failed there.
Yes
We have a very weak defense, we were bound to concede in both matches, so in one of those games we ought to score twice. With Danillo who is not really a defender deployed as CB and the pitiful situstion of starting with Gati, we really cant expect much.
No
Sevilla has a much better mngt, with a lesser budget, they can get an AMF like Rakitic, we have been failing to land for more than a decade now.
No
We rely on little kid, Fagioli for all our creative work, Sevilla's owners though, with their high influence, can have him crippled, without even getting a warning from their pet ref.
No, yes
As our owners are hated, the refs would favor our opponents, esp away. You could see the intention of the dutch ref from the first minutes, he was letting anything fly from Sev and giving all infractions with the first chance against us. Canceling one goal from us from an indirect offside was a certainty bound to happen, i knew they would find a way to null it, as we have been seeing it happen with consistency in Italy too and noone cares.
No
Sevilla was just defending their lead early on and gave us the false impression we had the initiative. They knew we need a trillion chances to score once and if needed they could score after five minutes of pressure.
No
O well, it took them 6 minutes this time and we never had the chance to bounce back, as expected...
Yes

Edit: I've just realised you don't know they don't use the away goals rule anymore. The tie was level going into this game.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
funny thing is that i usually sleep badly after painful losses, but not yesterday. i expected a relegation and that's exactly what happened. we played more or less the same match as always, we made similar mistakes, it's just not the usual suspects (i didn't expect both di maria and chiesa to choke badly), that's all

so i'm having a fine day even though i should feel like shit. thank you jj/ceferin/figc, it took like 5 years, now you killed ALL of my enthusiasm for football. first there was the inexplicable change of direction (new logo, new directors, the inexplicable sacking of marotta, signing ronaldo who i never liked, overspending on wages, etc), then i stopped liking the team as a unit since years, then i stopped watching non-juve matches since our points penalty. so all that's left is a 30+ years old habit of watching juventus matches whenever i can
There was a period somewhere around the mid 00’s when I missed most of our matches for several reasons. Hard to find it on cable tv, no such thing as streaming back then and just had a lot going on with life at the time.

My point is even then I still had a strong passion for the sport and would follow it whenever possible. These last few years I realized that passion is dead. The league sucks and it’s never making a comeback. There’s no appeal, no money. Teams aren’t good and half of them don’t even own their own stadiums/or are just outdated as fuck.

But not only for Juventus, my passion is gone for the game itself.

I really can’t relate to players of today. Hell, I watched Maradona play, Romário at his peak, etc
why would I bother with these average mofos who have no clue what to do with the ball? I think Messi/Ronaldo were the last ones of a bygone era.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)