[Europa League] Manchester City v JUVENTUS (Sept. 30th 2010) (13 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Yaya Toure:
We have now beaten Liverpool and Chelsea at home so it shows that we are developing as a unit. Now we have to show more consistency. We have a lot of injuries but we have a strong enough squad to keep pace with the top sides.

Roberto Mancini:
Juventus are traditionally one of the very top sides in Europe and are maybe the biggest name in this year's Europa League

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Bullshit. They played their best team. Man City beat them twice last season as well. It had nothing to do with Chelsea focusing on the Champions League.
Oh yeah well...we're not chelsea mate, Juventus will beat city in their own homeground tomorrow. sounds great?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Sounds like they are not underestimating us.

Storari
Rinaudo Bonucci Chiellini Grygera
Krasic Marchisio Melo Pepe
Iaquinta Del Piero (C)​

I guess that's what we'll see. Maybe Motta instead of Rinaudo.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
And after an initial big cash injection and building the squad and fan-base, who is to say Man City won't be run at break even?

Why is it wrong for a club to get a cash injection now and step up a level or two, but it was fine for other clubs to get a cash injection eighty years ago and be set up as a top level club ever since?
Precisely.:tup:

Some members think that smaller clubs have no right to have ambition & to disrupt the winning cycle between the clubs.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Roberto Mancini:
I expect confirmation tomorrow in the Europa League because we are playing a great Juve team. I don't worry about the goals they have conceded because they can always score one more.

They have a leader in Krasic. I know his qualities, I am not stupid. He is a great player. He's a player I have always followed, I tried to sign him when I was Inter coach and I tried again when I arrived at City.

But we are becoming a real team where we work and help each other for the whole 90 minutes. The progress is obvious even though we were not playing that badly before.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Krasic might turn out to be a very strong character and all these praises might not affect him in a negative way, but until we know if he has the stomach for these praises, I wish they all stop calling him our best player, our leader and a player Juve depends on.

Keep those praises for Del Piero or Buffon, who are already used to it and can take the pressure of being considered leaders of Juve and let Krasic work in peace.

Then again, one can't expect from the rival coaches or the media to leave Krasic work calmly.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Krasic might turn out to be a very strong character and all these praises might not affect him in a negative way, but until we know if he has the stomach for these praises, I wish they all stop calling him our best player, our leader and a player Juve depends on.

Keep those praises for Del Piero or Buffon, who are already used to it and can take the pressure of being considered leaders of Juve and let Krasic work in peace.

Then again, one can't expect from the rival coaches or the media to leave Krasic work calmly.
:tup:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Storari:
Manchester City spent a lot in the summer to win. We know that we have conceded plenty recently and we have to improve in defence.

We need to find the right balance on the pitch and we are working to follow the teachings of coach Luigi Del Neri.

We have a very busy week ahead of us, but we must avoid thinking about the Inter game as we have an important match in Manchester.

We want to get to the final of the Europa League as we want to do really well in this competition.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I would mind all the attension and marking to be on Krasic and let Del Piero do his show. :agree:

Btw, Mancini knows what he's doing. He knows Del Piero very well, he praises Krasic but he will set a tight marking on Del Piero. He knows what Ale is capable of and he can't forget the crucial goals he scored against his beloved ex team.

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
I would mind all the attension and marking to be on Krasic and let Del Piero do his show. :agree:

Btw, Mancini knows what he's doing. He knows Del Piero very well, he praises Krasic but he will set a tight marking on Del Piero. He knows what Ale is capable of and he can't forget the crucial goals he scored against his beloved ex team.
I think DP is ready for a big one - watch out for his free kicks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)