[Europa League] Manchester City v JUVENTUS (Sept. 30th 2010) (19 Viewers)

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #283
    And after an initial big cash injection and building the squad and fan-base, who is to say Man City won't be run at break even?

Why is it wrong for a club to get a cash injection now and step up a level or two, but it was fine for other clubs to get a cash injection eighty years ago and be set up as a top level club ever since?
    I used to watch the EPL religiously in the 90's and I know Man City lived in the shadows of Manure much like Torino does in the shadow of Juventus. There's nothing wrong with getting rich but it attracts the wrong type of fans. Idiots who after over-night success think their teams are among the greatest clubs in history. You can argue this all night and say that we have those too but the difference is that 80 years ago, in the pre-globalization days, there was no concept of 'who is the best in the world'.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ....................Storari
    ......Bonucci..Legrotaglie..Cheillini
    ..................................................Pepe
    Krasic.......Sissoko
    ..............................Melo
    ................Marchisio
    ..............................Del Piero
    ---------------Iaquinta

Defensive enough?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    ....................Storari
    ......Bonucci..Legrotaglie..Cheillini
    ..................................................Pepe
    Krasic.......Sissoko
    ..............................Melo
    ................Marchisio
    ..............................Del Piero
    ---------------Iaquinta

Defensive enough?
    You want your most dangerous player closer to goal, not as a semi-right back.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9040778.stm

Mancini, a childhood Juventus fan :seven:, also refused to rule out the possibility of returning to Turin to coach them one day.

"Why not, football is like that, " he said. "I have never been an enemy of Juventus. I was a huge fan for years when I was a child so I have great respect for the club and the players.

"It will be a special match as it is the first time I am coaching an English team against Juventus.

"Obviously I miss home, as anyone would, but I am happy here. This is where I am living and working.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Its proberly a relationship in the making then, if he doesnt make it in top 4 of EPL he might be coming home sooner than he thinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)