[Europa League] JUVENTUS vs Lech Poznan (Sept. 16th 2010)) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
or you don't understand simple English

Our defence is proving to be a big problem we need to sign a quality wing backs capable of defending and attacking. Lets not forget the central midfielders who need to learn how to cover their ground. We should seriously look into trading L.Diarra for Sissoko
nowhere do i see up there an explanation of how not hiring these coaches could allow us to afford hiring a coach who gets paid 10 times more lemme remind me what you said "with all the wages we wasted on them we could have just signed a guy like Hiddink"

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
After last season I thought I was use to Juve mediocrity - but after tonight's game - I am definitely not - God help us when we play Man City - they'll be scoring goals for fun

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
Marotta comes out and says we have no champions! Well you signed most of the team you donkey!

The players we needed most were:

Quality left back - Morotta was sick this day so forgot to sign one

Quality striker - the dog ate his homework he also didn't buy one

Quality back up defender - He was too busy nearly not signing Krasic this day

Quality left winger - Too busy watching Samp highlight tapes while counting his crap load of money from Juve

Sign cup tied players - He was there for this too!

However,

He was also present to sell our best player for peanuts (Diego)! Genious!

Some of the players who wear out beloved jumper are disgracing it!

I want Molinaro back if DC is going to start, no joke he is a disgrace!

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Our defensive organization is non existent. Some of our defenders make less individual mistakes than others, but they are all equally responsible for the goals imo. The best defenses play as a unit, and we have a back 4 that does the complete opposite. A complete lack of discipline.

I fear we won’t see the end of this defensive stupidity until Gigi returns, because there is not 1 player in our back-line who possesses enough brains, discipline or experience to ensure we remains tight, compact and in unison.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Marotta comes out and says we have no champions! Well you signed most of the team you donkey!

The players we needed most were:

Quality left back - Morotta was sick this day so forgot to sign one

Quality striker - the dog ate his homework he also didn't buy one

Quality back up defender - He was too busy nearly not signing Krasic this day

Quality left winger - Too busy watching Samp highlight tapes while counting his crap load of money from Juve

Sign cup tied players - He was there for this too!

However,

He was also present to sell our best player for peanuts (Diego)! Genious!

Some of the players who wear out beloved jumper are disgracing it!

I want Molinaro back if DC is going to start, no joke he is a disgrace!
Maybe true, except the Molinaro part, I don' want him here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There isn't a point in playing an aggressive attacking game with central midfielders like Sissoko and Melo. It would probably be more prudent, as ridiculous as it sounds, for this club to just sit back against Lech and hope they do some foolish things while attacking us. Since it's apparent we cannot create anything unless Del Piero has a free kick or he's running at the defense, all the energy lost in trying to complete simple passes is not worth it. Instead, we should just blast the ball forward to Del Piero and Amauri and make sure they try to win as many freekicks as possible. Have Sissoko and Melo only operate in our half of the field, instructing them to boot the ball as far as they can. At least with this we know that stupid turnovers won't hurt us and the Lech won't be able to run at our central defense with their mighty attackers.

As you can see, I have given up all hope on us playing any meaningfully positive football against anyone. The system and players we are stuck with will simply not allow it, unless somehow Krasic, Marchisio, Aquilani and the recalled Giovinco can magically kick the side in the ass, moving the ball around with pace and a clear objective.

DC was the worst of the worst tonight, along with Lanzafame coming closely in second. Sissoko would be right up there with them if it wasn't for some good defensive pressure in the second half, as everything else he did was either pointless or gave Lech a free lunch at the Four Season's on a tight budget. Even with his defensive pressure, we still gave up three goals to Lech, so he isn't doing much to change my opinion that his destruction in midfield is actually against our own team. The only players that deserve any praise tonight are the usual suspects Del Piero and Chiellini, along with the enigmatic Krasic. Everybody else should probably take a hike from the team. The problem is that even Lech wouldn't buy some of these guys.

If the obvious problems are not sorted out soon, the frustration will build and we will be off to a head-start on last season's death spiral. The team needs some good results under its belt FAR MORE than time to gel, as one of our biggest problems is that we have little confidence and heart as a team. We need results NOW. There isn't any time left to screw around if we want to build a winning mentality for the rest of the season.

Manninger - 5.5
Grygera - 5
Legro - 5
Chiellini 7.5
DC - 3.5
Krasic - 7
Sissoko - 5
Melo - 5
Lanzafame - 4
Del Piero - 7
Iaquinta - 5
Motta - 5.5
Pepe - 5
Marchisio - NA (I would rather have him be invisible on the pitch than have to count the mistakes of Melo and Sissoko)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Our defensive problem is not an easy thing to fix.

Unlike lot of you, I still don't see a leadership at the back of Chiellini. He can't organize the line, the defense and give instruction, if he doesn't start learning and takes notes from the like of Ciro, Montero and even the scumbag Cannavaro then he shouldn't stay with us I'm afraid because we need a leader at the back even if you're playing with bunch of Molinaros.

De Ceglie is useless, I see a Grygera version in him, except that he's faster than the Czech.

Bonucci and Legro are the same. One is young and inexperienced the other is getting old and can barely mark well, both can't defend well.
I don't think that De Ceglie and Legro are capable of following basic instructions in defence. Whether they played with Montero in his prime, or Chiellini of now. its laughable to suggest that Chiellini shouldn't stay with us. he is one of the finest centre backs in the world, and I am certain that much better clubs than us would be queueing up to sign him, were he put up for sale...He singlehandedly saved us from numerous savage beatings last season, and I expect he will do the same this season again...At 26 years old he is still a few years off reaching his peak as a defender.

Bonucci and Legro are not at all the same. Bonucci is 10 years younger, faster, has just come off a highly praised season in Serie A...Legro is a bible bashing moron, with a sweet heart, coming off a shocking season in Serie A, slower, equally good in the air.

It seems too obvious to mention that a 23 year old shouldnt need a rest this early on in a season. It also seems too obvious too mention that defensive partnerships take time to blend and mature...I didn't think that Bonucci and Chiellini were to blame for Samp's goals on Sunday, much more blameworthy were both fullbacks, whose wretched positioning and apparent total lack of awareness meant that our centre backs have to play as fullbacks also...Bonucci and Chiellini MUST be played and played and played together.

Marchisio was looking livelier on Sunday, than I have seen him for a while, but then he is also rested...when he came on, he was atrocious.

Why the fuck rest Pepe, after his powerful display on Sunday????

Why the fuck rest Storari, whose match sharpness is obviously better than Maninger????

The only change I would have made to the lineup from Sunday was to bring in Grosso at left back, if he is even IN our europa squad???. He isn't great, but at least he understands where a left back positions himself. De Ceglie leaves the left back position completely unguarded, for large parts of the game...

I have mentioned this lack of leaders in the team many times before. I do not see Chiellini as YET a leader, but i reckon he has it in him, mainly due to the obvious passion he has for the club. The biggest loss to this team over the last few years was Nedved. he was the Real captain for me...the true leader whose fantastic zeal for the game was infectious to those around him. Also Buffon has leadership qualities.

Large periods of seasons with only DP as a leader on the pitch is a recipe for disaster. The mentality of the players is as important as the quality in their feet. Not just mentality but also DRIVE , SPIRIT, DETERMINATION...we need HUNGRY players. Pepe and Krasic seem fine in these areas. Motta also seems driven enough, to perhaps be able to improve. De Ceglie has eagerness, but absolutely zero talent. he is NOt a footballer.

We need more leaders on the pitch.

We also need Del Neri to pick his best first team and play them and play them and play them...

Clearest issue we have is that we are playing without a left back. Starting a game with 10 against 11, in a 3-4-2 formation puts us under pressure defensively straight away...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How bad can we really get? As the man pointed out above...TWO DMs and wingers who track back. Shambolic defending against, lets be honest, very very average opponents. Against top class teams we will get a good old fashioned battering.

No excuses can justify our ability to concede goals. Even prior to Calciopoli, our defence was resoutly shonky, even with Capello.
What else do folks want? Should we pull off a striker and throw yet ANOTHER DM out there? Will that solve our defensive problems? How about another defender as well?

Clearly it won't, and the reason is that you can't keep giving the ball away in midfield with an already-mediocre defense behind it. That's why it doesn't matter how many DM's we use... field three Sissoko's and we will still either lose or draw. We wouldn't be able to sustain any pressure up the pitch.

And yeah, the fact that Grygera played for Ajax and has so little footballing intelligence makes me wonder what the hell they're doing over there.

If some of you had it your way we'd be hiring a new coach every other week. Ffs, this is our 4th coach in 4 years. We need to stick with someone to create stability in the team. The players have to get used to and get on track with a coaches mentality and the process takes time.
No, that's not true. If we actually employed a proven manager, not a proven mediocre one, I'd be all for "giving him time." But if we continue hiring crap coaches, it doesn't make a difference whether we stick with one or hire 50. It's really the same thing.

STOP HIRING SHIT COACHES !!!!!!!!
:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There isn't a point in playing an aggressive attacking game with central midfielders like Sissoko and Melo. It would probably be more prudent, as ridiculous as it sounds, for this club to just sit back against Lech and hope they do some foolish things while attacking us.
I don't understand why Juve aren't doing this.

At Samp, Del Neri got results by playing with plenty men behind the ball and counter attacking at pace.

We may not tend to agree on how football should be played, but to try to play football that does not fit the players in the squad seems very foolish.

I'll be curious, if it ever happens, to see Marchisio and Aquilani play together. It's not Marchisio's natural game, but I think he can do a decent job playing deep and midfield and allowing Aquilani to move around and make passes. However, I suspect injuries and suspensions will have to happen before this midfield pairing will be given a chance.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Baffling lineup from the start from Del Neri, I mentioned it earlier on in this thread.

Storari,Bonucci, Pepe and Marchisio ALL should have started from the beginning. Why the fuck rest a GK? And then Bonucci is young, needs game time/experience and should be able to play 2/3 games a week, Pepe had a very good game (comparitively) against Samp and should have started here too.

Sissoko, Lanza, Manninger and Melo all had stinkers. Guess which players they essentially replaced?

There's no helping our LB position though, we're royally fucked there (De Ceglie, Grygera, Grosso, Brazzo, Traore....ughhh)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

At Samp, Del Neri got results by playing with plenty men behind the ball and counter attacking at pace.

We may not tend to agree on how football should be played, but to try to play football that does not fit the players in the squad seems very foolish.

I'll be curious, if it ever happens, to see Marchisio and Aquilani play together. It's not Marchisio's natural game, but I think he can do a decent job playing deep and midfield and allowing Aquilani to move around and make passes. However, I suspect injuries and suspensions will have to happen before this midfield pairing will be given a chance.
If that is the case, Red, why the hell if we grab Aquilani with an option to buy for 16m???? Just to add another body to the midfield options???

I hope to see Aquilani involved in the starting XI sooner rather than later. It makes such a huge difference to have players in the middle of the park who are competent with the ball at their feet, either in terms of passing to a team mate further up the field, or beating opponents. Sometimes I think that Melo is capable of doing the job of Mainly Defence to Aquilani's Mainly Attack and Create. Claudio seems to have a tendency to be anonymous for whole games, but at least he doesn't have the same shoot yourself in the balls condition that still affects Felipe. Shame we got rid of Poulsen, I would rather have sent Momo back to 'pool, because the Dane does what aquilani needs; simple hatchetman in front of defence.

two destroyers is too much. Lets add some creativity to the centre, and tell the fullbacks to stay back more, especially de ceglie, though I will be completely shocked if Del Neri doesn't use grosso for the next game, or Sali if he is fit, then give Traore a chance to impress as soon as he is injury free. I have never seen so much space in the left back position for opponents to exploit, as I see every time de ceglie plays...

At least we are scoring goals.

Dp's strike was beautiful, though I thought that polish rat's equalizer at 3-3 was better...two wonderful finishes.

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
We are a disgrace... This is truly embarrassing

Sack everyone, the club and management needs to go back to the people that made this club great and knew how to achieve success

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

My idea would consist of the most boring football ever, and it would be incredibly stupid at times, but it's useless to try anything else with such players. The problem is they would still concede goals because of our poor fullbacks and constant pressure in our zone. Instead of 3-3 it would be 1-1.

From what I've seen, Marchisio would do fine as the more deep player. He keeps his game simple, has good positional sense, and can move the ball somewhat well. I can't see why he couldn't play there, and if folks are complaining he goes missing in matches when we have the ball, perhaps that role would suit him better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)