[Europa League] JUVENTUS 3-1 Fulham (Mar. 11th 2010) (20 Viewers)

2010-03-11 Juve-Fulham Man of the Match

• Manninger

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Salihamidzic

• Poulsen

• Marchisio

• Candreva

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Camoranesi

• Iaquinta

• Sissoko

• Zaccheroni

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Surprisingly comfortable win for us. I even saw some glimpses of the old Juve last night, for instance our approach to the second half: we just conserved our energy and didn't bother too much, but we were rarely troubled. Pretty satisfying, too bad we didn't keep the clean sheet though.

Manninger 6 - Fairly quiet night, I recall 1 good save
Zebina 7 - Ok, who was the guy on our RB spot wearing the Zebina mask? Secure at the back, providing width when needed & a rather nice shot.
Legrottaglie 6,5 - Excellent header to give us the lead & pretty good at the back except for a few small lapses of concentration.
Cannavaro 7 - His age still showed at times but almost perfect positioning & reading of the game. Probably his best game since the our home game against Chievo months ago.
Salihamidzic 5 - He just doesn't add anything worthwile at the moment.
Poulsen 6 - Decent outing. Did pretty well in controlling the mid, his injury lay off seems to have had little impact on him. Promising.
Marchisio 6,5 - Good game. Carried out his defensive duties as well as his offensive ones. He has great vision.
Candreva 6 - I saw some great moments but, as always, he completely disappears for big parts of the game.
Diego 6 - Very nice corner for the 1st goal, other than that he was rather poor most of the time.
Trezeguet 7 - I think he did well. Very involved & kept the Fulham defence on their toes.

Camoranesi 5,5 - He has more quality than Brazzo, that can't be disputed. But he was very sloppy & completely inefficient.
Iaquinta 5,5 - Little impact, but that was to be expected considering our approach to the 2nd half.
Sissoko -

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's Zebina on his off-day.
:lol2:
I wish. I'm surprised he didn't injure himself while attempting the shot.

marchisio best player so far? i would have to echo a resounding: no way! chiellini and diego are much better candidates
Chiellini has been our best player, by far.

Marchisio has been a lot more consistent than Diego though, as have the likes of Buffon & even Legrottaglie.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Marchisio was motm for me. Showed such elegance and direction. Especially his firsthalf was somewhat of a masterclass, if anyone was directing play it was he not Diego or Candreva. How Candreva often gave a simple ball for Marchisio to do something with was very telling.

Mar 24, 2006
I didn't watch the match but i watched the Highlight , Candreva dancing before Zebina's shoot was a joy to behold ,
Forza Juventus , the best performance i've ever seen from Juventus since we won againts Roma 3-1 at earlier season :agree:

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
I will not give my vote to any player, because there was a very good game as a colective.
I like a lot to see Marchisio in the middle of the pitch.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #452
    Midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic has admitted he got the faintest of touches to direct David Trezeguet’s shot into the net in Juventus’ 3-1 Europa League win over Fulham last night.

But the Bosnian was almost apologetic after the match and maintained the scoresheet should acknowledge his team-mate instead.

“Trezeguet deserves all the credit,” Salihamidzic told the club’s official website.

“I just touched the ball lightly before it went in. I think it’s fair that he is given it.

“After all, it’s more important for a striker to score goals and David has just made his comeback from injury.”

Juve will take a two-goal lead into next week’s second leg of the last 16 tie in London, and Salihamidzic added: “I’m happy with this victory as we played really well. This will stand us in good stead for the return leg which will be tougher.”
    -----------------------------------------
    :delpiero:

No wonder his teammates adore him everywhere he goes. Such a positive character. Always happy, always smiling, always joking, always fair.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    No wonder his teammates adore him everywhere he goes. Such a positive character. Always happy, always smiling, always joking, always fair.
    in contrast to trezeguets comments about the goal which did not show any sign of humbleness

Trezegay said:
    [Hasan] Salihamidzic claims that he touched it last, but I did not see it. If he says this, then I have faith in him. As it stands, this goal I will keep to myself,

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    I don't think Juve played overly well.

They did not open up Fulham's defence one in open play, not once.

They will be easily dominated by any of the other good teams in the Europa League.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    how did we play ..4-4-1-1 ?
    Buffon

Zebina - Legro - Canna - Grosso

Brazzo - Poulsen - Marchisio

Candreva - Diego

Trezeguet

Christmas tree. It worked.
    It started like that.

Most of the second half was more like:

Manninger

Zebina-Legrottaglie-Cannavaro-Grosso

Camoranesi-Poulsen-Marchisio-Candreva

Diego

Trezeguet/Iaquinta​

Marchisio was motm for me. Showed such elegance and direction. Especially his firsthalf was somewhat of a masterclass, if anyone was directing play it was he not Diego or Candreva. How Candreva often gave a simple ball for Marchisio to do something with was very telling.
    Marchisio has so many good aspects to his game, but what has really been impressing me lately has been his tactical awareness and his decision making.

It is just so rare that he makes the wrong choice, whether he is in possession or not.

If his technique improves a little, he can be a top class midfielder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)