[Europa League] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lyon (April 10th 2014) (6 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Asamoah

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Isla

• Tevez

• Mirko

Results are only viewable after voting.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
We're easily the best team in Europa League, but teams like Basel, Porto, Benfica could make life difficult for us. We could lose to them over two legs depending on how much effort we put in and how Conte decided to approach the games, but in terms of quality, there is no question that Juventus is much stronger than the rest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It's hard to understand. "Best team by far" - then one team "on par", but they are a sort of "inferior" on par.

- - - Updated - - -

Porta and Benfica will easily give us a run for our money, they're hardly inferior when in form.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Juventus are a much more well-rounded team than Porto and Benfica. Yes they can be tricky and pull a result, but its undeniable that Juventus have a stronger squad.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's hard to understand. "Best team by far" - then one team "on par", but they are a sort of "inferior" on par.

- - - Updated - - -

Porta and Benfica will easily give us a run for our money, they're hardly inferior when in form.
And we have a much better squad than both. That's what the poster was saying. Our team is compromised of much better players. And I wholeheartedly agree.

Jan 5, 2011
I can easily see we struggle to defeat Lyon then destroy whichever team we face in semi and final. Easy trophy for Juve. And first time 2 trophies a season for Conte. Then the treble next season.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We win this match and advance through, we'll add an extra 1M to our coffers. That's not even including gate receipts.

I still don't understand why more teams don't take this tournament seriously, isn't that money you wouldn't otherwise have?

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
I still don't understand why more teams don't take this tournament seriously, isn't that money you wouldn't otherwise have?
because, contrary to popular opinion in this forum, our depth is quite good, especially compared to the rest of the teams who are normally playing the EL.
most of those teams aren´t build for playing pretty much every 3 days. furthermore, often the teams in the EL still have a shot to qualify for the CL in the next season and don´t want to risk that by playing their best team (or close to) in the EL. afaik participating in the CL group stages already gives you more money than winning the EL (?!), even if you get slaughtered. but not sure if this is true.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Hoping just passing through but more impoertant is fresh and healthy squad for Udinese game.I repeat if we win Udinese game we are champions.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Hoping just passing through but more impoertant is fresh and healthy squad for Udinese game.I repeat if we win Udinese game we are champions.
I agree that the Udinese game will be crucial also because ROMa will drop points with AC and Fiorentina.
I am not worried about tomorrow, lets' remember that this season not even Real Madrid was able to win at the Stadium

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I agree that the Udinese game will be crucial also because ROMa will drop points with AC and Fiorentina.
I am not worried about tomorrow, lets' remember that this season not even Real Madrid was able to win at the Stadium
No, even if we'll lose to udinese our primary target will be to win against bologna, sassuolo and Atalanta, we have very easy calendar

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
If we play like against Livorno will be easy,if we play like a last month and a half it would not be easy at all.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If we play like against Livorno will be easy,if we play like a last month and a half it would not be easy at all.
The thing is that we had 4 days before the liverno game, wich is the most in months, and they didnt physically assault us like Napoli and Lyon did.

Not wanting to sound like Jack or Linebreak, but the fact that Liverno didnt pressed like motherfuckers, aided a great deal. However, if we are in good mental and physical shape, we are the ones who press

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It seems we'll see Marchisio instead of Pirlo and Peluso - Isla on the flanks :sergio: with Osvaldo - Tevez upfront.
Seems like a good comprimise.

Sacrificing creativity for defensive covering in the center, sacrificing defence for crossing wingbacks on the flank, and the faster CF.

For me, this tells me that conte isnt going to domminate the game, but counter lyon's tactics from a more passive defensive formation instead, with long balls(bonucci) and early crossing. This should stretch the gap between defence and midfield, in wich the BtB cm's will dive into

Good strategy if your highest concern is defensive organisation. But it wont be pretty to watch for fans of flair and fancy

Why Tevez when we have important Udinese game coming?
Cause it makes tactical sense, Cause its not that important (the udinese game), and cause we'll probably sub vucinic and giovinco in at '60-'70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)