[Europa League] Juventus 1-1 Sevilla [11th May, 2023 21:00 CEST] (3 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I'm actually happy that they didn't call that penalty. You just know that this team would sit back after equalizing to defend the draw instead of pushing for the win. And since there were still a few minutes to play I wouldn't be surprised if Sevilla scored another one because of that.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I'm actually happy that they didn't call that penalty. You just know that this team would sit back after equalizing to defend the draw instead of pushing for the win. And since there were still a few minutes to play I wouldn't be surprised if Sevilla scored another one because of that.
I've caught myself wishing we don't score early in some games before but nowadays it doesn't matter. The template goes like this:
  • Attack for x minutes. The x minutes reduces progressively as season goes on - We are currently at 5 minutes
  • Sit deep & setup for countering
  • Defensive comedy ensues
  • Counter at walking distance alternatively counter to the opponents box & pass backwards to Tek
  • Waste the chance(s) we get (Usually 1 or 2, sometimes 0)
  • Opponent scores
  • Wake up & try to attack
  • If we score go back to first step if not we are caught on the counter and concede more goals
  • Allegri screams & storms off
  • Allegri presser - "We played a good game"

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I've caught myself wishing we don't score early in some games before but nowadays it doesn't matter. The template goes like this:
  • Attack for x minutes. The x minutes reduces progressively as season goes on - We are currently at 5 minutes
  • Counter at walking distance alternatively counter to the opponents box & pass backwards to Tek
  • Opponent scores
  • If we score go back to first step if not we are caught on the counter and concede more goals
add to that, that when we are trailling the score, every, totally every clearance of the defender is sending the ball to the opposition goalkeeper or throw in, we never try to keep the ball. Even when there is a lot of space to keep the ball, we wont risk it.
Also there is always 2, max 3 players attacking, rest will join after 2 minutes or so.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
  • Opponent scores
I would add to that our most often used attack pattern which is -> Pass the ball around on either of the wings between a winger, a central mid and Di Maria. Repeat this process for 2-3 minutes without getting close to the opponents penalty area. Pass the ball back to a central defender. Central defender proceeds to kick a long ball into the opposition penalty area for the GK to catch or an easy clearence by their defenders.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
add to that, that when we are trailling the score, every, totally every clearance of the defender is sending the ball to the opposition goalkeeper or throw in, we never try to keep the ball. Even when there is a lot of space to keep the ball, we wont risk it.
Also there is always 2, max 3 players attacking, rest will join after 2 minutes or so.
and we also sit soo deep there is no we get there 2nd balls

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah and Juve call that value for money. Its day light robbery
Holy shit lol. I would barely pay €29 to watch a EL game, even if it's a semi final. We've turned into Chelsea or Spurs without the PL fanfair and London mark up. Scandalous.
I read an interesting take on this, which I agree with.

"Incredible how us Juve fans always seem to have everyone against us, but our most devious enemy is the club itself."

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Holy shit lol. I would barely pay €29 to watch a EL game, even if it's a semi final. We've turned into Chelsea or Spurs without the PL fanfair and London mark up. Scandalous.
It's been around 100 euros for regular league matches, still scandalous that we are paying the 'Ronaldo tax' to this day

- - - Updated - - -

I read an interesting take on this, which I agree with.

"Incredible how us Juve fans always seem to have everyone against us, but our most devious enemy is the club itself."
It's sad but true.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
btw we are letting that penalty case fade like nothing happened? Such a clear foul and besides Rabiot no one from our comments on it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)