[Europa League] JUVENTUS 0-0 Benfica (May 1st 2014) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
pity for yesterday... but let's restart! lts important we are in high europe... obiouvs it hurts, but this is cup from eights/quarter finals... we took experience from it. And we know... sooner or later you take the right wind to surf... and next year it will be better!
Positive outlook on things. Wish there were more of that on this forum... Rather than "sell this, buy tha,t remove thi,s change that, ref cheating etc".

- - - Updated - - -

It has a lot to do with mocking, it's called disrespecting other's opinions. Hypocrisy is saying the same thing afterwards.
@JCK Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Until all the cards are on the table then you can say that your opinions are correct or not... At that time when things were said players still hard cards in their hands.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I agree... but when it comes to us, we'll never be fully satisfied untill we win the CL final with 3-0... thats because we want to be the very best... but to become that you need to grow.. you can't buy it and you can't just become it overnight...

This season wasn't perfect... but wasn't $#@! either... remember when we thought fiorentina would kick our asses? we got even further than that, but in the end nobody was satisfied...

p.s. if the final wasn't in our stadium, nobody would give a $#@! about the EL
For myself speaking,the fact that the final will be played at our stadium does not have any importance.Most pissing things are two.First ,if we underestimate this competition(which we don't) we should get on the field in previous matches with our second team and be kicked off.So we simply can not win this competition.Second I can stand that we lost 3-0 but played well.But this "give me the ball-I will give you the ball " tactics is unbearable.
I totally agree that we have to grow.We can not win the CL immediatelly.Especially how much other clubs spend on players.But we can't play as a pussies without creating almost any chance like toothless minnows.
Also I really doubt that Benfica players are more expensieve than ours.Especially Atletico Madrid players are not more expensive than ours.However someone looks at that.
It hurts that only target for this team is a scudetto.

inuyasha

Apr 28, 2014
Positive outlook on things. Wish there were more of that on this forum... Rather than "sell this, buy tha,t remove thi,s change that, ref cheating etc".
yes mate... i believe in marotta and antonio, i read that on the next season we will return to 4-3-3: if we take the right players to increase our strenght and quality we will have pleasure :D Matches against real made me optimistic. Then its clear that we have to correct all those mistakes of this season... so lets take example from yesterday in order to improve ourselves

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
pity for yesterday... but let's restart! lts important we are in high europe... obiouvs it hurts, but this is cup from eights/quarter finals... we took experience from it. And we know... sooner or later you take the right wind to surf... and next year it will be better!
Okay we will take the experience and in some 25 years from now we will win EL and something about 100 years CL.

inuyasha

Apr 28, 2014
For myself speaking,the fact that the final will be played at our stadium does not have any importance.Most pissing things are two.First ,if we underestimate this competition(which we don't) we should get on the field in previous matches with our second team and be kicked off.So we simply can not win this competition.Second I can stand that we lost 3-0 but played well.But this "give me the ball-I will give you the ball " tactics is unbearable.
I totally agree that we have to grow.We can not win the CL immediatelly.Especially how much other clubs spend on players.But we can't play as a pussies without creating almost any chance like toothless minnows.
Also I really doubt that Benfica players are more expensieve than ours.Especially Atletico Madrid players are not more expensive than ours.However someone looks at that.
It hurts that only target for this team is a scudetto.
i think this season (and the previous one) taught us many things... we will absolutely improve next

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
i think this season (and the previous one) taught us many things... we will absolutely improve next
Yes,last year we were kicked off from the next champion(Bayern),and we were kicked in Champions League in latter stages.This year we are kicked off from both competitions and also in group competition in CL.It seems that we are very,very bad students and will need 100 years to learn something properly .

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Fantastic game last night. Shame we didn't come out with a win. I have to give it to them, Benfica's defense was impeccable. They didn't allow anything through and that hurt us big time. I wouldn't say that we need to re-evaluate the team, I think its more of a re-evaluating how we look at Europe and the teams we will face in the future. Juve were arguably the best team in Europa on paper, but on the field I think we let our egos and the "Juve" name get the best of us. It was unlucky for some of the shots to not go in for us yesterday and the fact that there was a handball when Llorente headed the ball and it hit a Benfica player's hand but other than that I found the result to be fair, but disappointing. The ref was amazing though in my opinion. He kept the game in check and didn't allow it to get out of hand and handled the craziness well. O well, the only think we can do is get a win Monday and hope for a better CL journey next year.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Fantastic game last night. Shame we didn't come out with a win. I have to give it to them, Benfica's defense was impeccable. They didn't allow anything through and that hurt us big time. I wouldn't say that we need to re-evaluate the team, I think its more of a re-evaluating how we look at Europe and the teams we will face in the future. Juve were arguably the best team in Europa on paper, but on the field I think we let our egos and the "Juve" name get the best of us. It was unlucky for some of the shots to not go in for us yesterday and the fact that there was a handball when Llorente headed the ball and it hit a Benfica player's hand but other than that I found the result to be fair, but disappointing. The ref was amazing though in my opinion. He kept the game in check and didn't allow it to get out of hand and handled the craziness well. O well, the only think we can do is get a win Monday and hope for a better CL journey next year.
Yes u r right, the most important thing to do at the moment is to keep our heads down and work hard for Monday game. Don't lose track of objective over a game that is already over.

Maybe after Monday's game (if we win), then Conte can really think if we should sell Amauri

- - - Updated - - -

Our best player last night.

Attachments

inuyasha

Apr 28, 2014
Yes,last year we were kicked off from the next champion(Bayern),and we were kicked in Champions League in latter stages.This year we are kicked off from both competitions and also in group competition in CL.It seems that we are very,very bad students and will need 100 years to learn something properly .
we were kicked from bayern that was stronger... so anything to add about... they was stronger than us.. this year we made mistakes with copenaghen and galatasaray.. same with benfica at first match but it was for OUR mistakes from whose we have taught. Nobody dominated us... we fought with real without deserving.. all reasons to be optimistic. During european conte years only bayern deserved... isnt it optmistic for you?

inuyasha

Apr 28, 2014
Absolutely agree with u. I think our next champions will be great

inuyasha

Apr 28, 2014
we were kicked from bayern that was stronger... so anything to add about... they were stronger than us.. this year we made mistakes with copenaghen and galatasaray.. same with benfica at first match but it was for OUR mistakes from whose we have taught. Nobody dominated us... we fought with real without not deserving.. all reasons to be optimistic. During european conte years only bayern deserved... isnt it optmistic for you?
sry i corrected some my mistakes

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
we were kicked from bayern that was stronger... so anything to add about... they was stronger than us.. this year we made mistakes with copenaghen and galatasaray.. same with benfica at first match but it was for OUR mistakes from whose we have taught. Nobody dominated us... we fought with real without deserving.. all reasons to be optimistic. During european conte years only bayern deserved... isnt it optmistic for you?
No it is not.Didn't you read my post.Last year we were kicked in latter stages and from a champion Bayern who is better than us.This year we were kicked from group stage .Doesn't that confirm you that we did not learn nothing since we were kicked off this year earlier,especially that this year we were kicked off in EL?also.So ,again,very bad students.Only Real game was okay.Gala home game we were awful in defense.They shot twice and scored two times.The same is with Benfica.They shot twice at the first game and scored two times.So what we learned ?Absolutely nothing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
but last season we didnt do anything wrong. we reached the CL quartefinal in our 1st season under Conte. we didnt have to learn anything from last season as it was a good season. this is the season where we made mistakes, and this is the season we must learn from for the next years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just needed a goal, rued those first half chances in the end.

Disappointed to have not got through to the final mostly because it was something of a one-off, but can't say I'll ever be looking to play in this competition again.

inuyasha

Apr 28, 2014
No it is not.Didn't you read my post.Last year we were kicked in latter stages and from a champion Bayern who is better than us.This year we were kicked from group stage .Doesn't that confirm you that we did not learn nothing since we were kicked off this year earlier,especially that this year we were kicked off in EL.also.So ,again,very bad students.Only Real game was okay.Gala home game we were awful in defense.They shot twice and scored two times.The same is with Benfica.They shot twice at the first game and scored two times.So what we learned .Absolutely nothing.
i read your post... and do you read mine? I told we have to avoid all those mistakes we made (against copenaghen galatasaray and benfica).. if you make mistakes you learn because if you remember of them, next time you are more careful... this is our lesson. Got now?

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
he was bad but we digged our grave ....
Our main problem is that in the Serie A we are giants among dwarves, not competitive enough and we struggle even with a good but nothing special team like Benfica. The main issue is that in Serie A, Bonucci's couple of cock ups per game go nearly un-noticed. In Europe every cock up equals a goal scored by opposition. We need a top player back there, someone who can lead the defense with personality and who doesn't panic a every corner. We also need to move to a 4-3-3 module, 3-5-2 is no good. Anyway, let's get straight back on our feet, I am going to the JS on monday night and would like to celebrate our 32nd Scudetto :ultra:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)