[Europa League] JUVENTUS 0-0 Benfica (May 1st 2014) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It seems you're finding it hard to understand the simple things.

Its so obvious luck of the draw plays a huge part in the Champions League and we happened to benefit from it by drawing Celtic in the round of 16.

If we apply your logic,would you say that United were a top 16 team last yr because they got knocked out by Real Madrid ? Or lets go back to 2010 when Inter drew Chelsea and knocked them out but it was so obvious Chelsea were a strong team.An easy draw in the R16 and they would've made even further.

But go on,i really do find your posts amusing to read. :)

- - - Updated - - -

See,i understand your purpose here in responding to those who downplay our achievements and make exaggerated comments but you're not helping yourself by overrating our achievements to even it out ,it sounds as if we've literally conquered Europe going by the exaggeration in your posts.

'Top 8 in Europe','We made CL QF's last yr' ,repeating that like a billion times.Seriously i'd mistake you for a Napoli fan. :lol2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
...and your posts aren't amusing to read? :rofl:

As far as results in Europe go last year, Juventus was a top 8 club. Obvious. Simple. Logic. QFs mean top 8. Maybe there are better sides in the world that did not make it, we still had better results. You have the logical reasoning capability of a two year old.

Quit stalking me around the forum. :tongue:

Actually, I'm the reasonable one. With our budget and current side I can admit that CL Quarters is an excellent result for us. We're not good enough yet to go further. We could get lucky and make SFs, but that doesn't make it likely. So... until I see us competing in revenue with other big sides and bringing in top players, I'll be very happy if we make QFs and overjoyed if we make SFs. If I see out transfer budget and revenue growing, that changes. Until then QFs is an excellent result.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol2:

Ok ,kid.

Also i added a bit more to my previous post.You would want to have a look at that.(or not)

I agree with you in a sense. It sucks to feel like a Napoli fan, or other lower UCL squad fan in being happy with a QF campaign... but that is where Juventus is at right now. I hope we grow beyond that in a couple more years as revenue continues to grow and we regain the ability to spend on top players in the Mercatos. But for now, I am a realist when saying a QF is a good result. Or so is my opinion.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And who doesnt think QF's is not a great result last yr ?

Bjerkness simply said Juventus is not good enough for Europe yet(which is true) but then you barged in and started with your Top 8 nonsense.

Everyone realize the standing of the club right now which is why overrating the squad to the moon makes it even more annoying.And please you're not reasonable,there are many here but you're certainly not one among them.You're too biased for my liking.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Bjerkness simply said Juventus is not good enough for Europe yet(which is true) but then you barged in and started with your Top 8 nonsense.

Everyone realize the standing of the club right now which is why overrating the squad to the moon makes it even more annoying.And please you're not reasonable,there are many here but you're certainly not one among them.You're too biased and not level-headed.
Umm. Overrating the club. Right. I'm pretty sure the fact I think UCL QFs is our current ceiling is not overrating the club to the moon.

And saying we're not good enough for Europe is just as annoying and underrating our squad to the underworld. We're not good enough to win the UCL, but we certainly are good enough for European play, and to be making QFs each year.

There are a large number of members that say we just got lucky last year and therefore this year is more indicative of our team. In so doing they can say we weren't actually successful last year. What a silly argument. One could also say we just got unlucky this year and last year is more indicative of our team.

I'd prefer we ignore luck altogether and say, we were poor in Europe this year, and good last year.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Umm. Overrating the club. Right. I'm pretty sure the fact I think UCL QFs is our current ceiling is not overrating the club to the moon.

And saying we're not good enough for Europe is just as annoying and underrating our squad to the underworld. We're not good enough to win the UCL, but we certainly are good enough for European play, and to be making QFs each year.
But in this context ,you're bringing the achievements of the previous year,a season where our defense was great and Pirlo was still performing.

This season,our defense has regressed,Pirlo has got worser.Could it improve next season ? I'm not so sure because these players dont have age on their side.Some real quality signings are needed to achieve atleast a satisfactory or good result in Europe(which is Quarter Finals which the Champion of Italy should be looking to achieve unless it gets a tough draw).

Would we get those signings ? I'm not sure again.

This is not pessimist.This is just being realistic because we have been far from inspiring in Europe this whole yr and i just cant sit around and blame luck for not being good enough against good quality sides this yr.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
People have been saying Serie A would rebound for years now. It hasn't and it will not for a very long time, unless several billionaires end up buying several of these pathetic Italian clubs.
Maybe this is the only quick fix to all problems. Or maybe wait decades for the italian league to get to top again. or near it.
I'd prefer we ignore luck altogether and say, we were poor in Europe this year, and good last year.
We were definitely shid this year, beyond embarrasing for our standards. And last year we did ok beating or tying against average opposition, including chelsea.. until a real team showed us how poor we were.

This upcoming season will settle it all. No more embarrasments in europe should be tolerated... because what happened with Benfica is an embarrasment..TO OUR FUKIN STANDARRDS.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But in this context ,you're bringing the achievements of the previous year,a season where our defense was great and Pirlo was still performing.

This season,our defense has regressed,Pirlo has got worser.Could it improve next season ? I'm not so sure because these players dont have age on their side.Some real quality signings are needed to achieve atleast a satisfactory or good result in Europe(which is Quarter Finals which the Champion of Italy should be looking to achieve unless it gets a tough draw).

This is not pessimist.This is just being realistic because we have been far from inspiring in Europe this whole yr and i just cant sit around and blame luck for not being good enough against good quality sides this yr.
I won't blame luck either. I thought I made that clear. Both good and bad luck should be ignored entirely, as they generally even out over time, and good enough teams overcome bad luck anyways.

You're being entirely realistic. I agree. QFs should be our minimum goal. I'm sure it is for our management. What I'm worried about is whether we'll allocate enough funds for the 2-3 good signings we really need. Do I think the current side can top a group and make CL QFs? Yes, but perhaps requiring luck and good fortune to shine on it, I'd prefer that we make the signings required so as to make QFs even if we have terrible luck. However, I'm uncertain if this will happen. I also hope Conte shows a little more adaptability next year, regardless of signings. I am happy with his performance thus far, but I want to see better next year.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Everyone realize the standing of the club right now which is why overrating the squad to the moon makes it even more annoying.And please you're not reasonable,there are many here but you're certainly not one among them.You're too biased for my liking.
depends what do you mean under Europe...

good enough to win the CL? definetly no, not yet

goog enough for a good result like CL QF? yes, probably

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This upcoming season will settle it all. No more embarrasments in europe should be tolerated... because what happened with Benfica is an embarrasment..TO OUR FUKIN STANDARRDS.
Agreed. This upcoming season will prove whether this side, and more importantly our management, is moving in the right direction or not. Anything less than a CL QF should be seen as a total failure. I think we'll do it. I could be wrong, but I believe in this team.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

Very well said ....:tup:
I would still say we havent regressed , in defense bonucci has to be blamed for a major part in our failure . Pirlo infact has looked sharper , this year . I agree we surely need quality , but this side should have reached the Qfs minimum , we have no doubt under-achieved in europe but some here are under rating the squad and conte which i think is not justified . There are so many teams that have under-achieved in europe in the past man u , city and dortmund crashed out of group stages recently .
Its not black or white , in europe we dint perform upto our levels but we also were unfortunate with a lot of things and that cant be ignored. Its a sport and it happens its not 100% that the best team or the deserving team wins .

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012

There are a large number of members that say we just got lucky last year and therefore this year is more indicative of our team. In so doing they can say we weren't actually successful last year. What a silly argument. One could also say we just got unlucky this year and last year is more indicative of our team.

We were not lucky last year, or we can call luck the help from Shaktar Donetsk? They let us dominate the game just to make it through against Chelsea, if you watched the game you should know that Willian played defensively most of the time, Mkhitaryan had no desire to score and we barely made it. We were good against Chelsea and Celtic, that-s it:spliff:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I guess time travel works where if Juve beat Bayern, the quarterfinals draw would exactly come out the same???

How can people even think deterministically like this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)