[Europa League] JUVENTUS 0-0 Benfica (May 1st 2014) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 12, 2014
Well, was an easy game for us. No need to push for a goal, just control the game.
With 10.... we trained twice with porto and got 2 wins.
With 9, thats new for us, but well done :p

When I think about juve i remember Ferrara, Torricelli, Di Livio, Conte, Del Piero, Vieri, Deschamps, Tacchinardi, etc. Your team now as a lot of known players with a "name".. but you play bad against teams well organized and that press high, maybe you need to change your tactics.

See u in Torino again ;)
And now you all know BENFICA

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Those individual mistakes are a result of the lack of talent.
Chiellini, for example, is considered the best Italian CB, but that's mostly because of his heart and physicality, not his talent. Vidal's story is similar. It's great to have players like them in your team, but it becomes a problem when as many as 9 of your 10 field starters are less talented than they are physically prepared to play football.

It takes brains to win in Europe. The lungs and the heart aren't enough without brains. Instead, we have dumb and dumber in our defense. Chiellini and Caceres are talentless and dumb, while Bonucci is just dumb.
Chiellini I wouldn't say is dumb, he's a bit clumsy at times but he's still one of the best in the world in his position. The errors we see are just a lack of concentration, and I think it's down to how easily we beat people in Italy and how naive our players and coach are in Europe.

It's frustrating really, we have to see something different next year but to miss a final in our own stadium really is gutting

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
No we don't lose a CL place we'd need to be overtaken by a couple more leagues

Which isn't nearly as improbable as it would've sounded a few years ago considering the best team in the league is renowned for choking in Europe, the 2nd and 3rd best are a sure bet for a group of death because they're new on the scene and in lower pots normally, and the Milanese duo have gon' dun' goofed away their hope of CL football for half a decade.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Man, I'm watching Juve since 1996 as a supporter. So much bitterness through the years but still we have to get up and start again next season. For me EL was the perfect chance to start our glorious european comeback, but...

I love this team even more now and I hope through this hard time our players and staff will learn to be stronger. Cheers to all of the juventini :beer: Congratulations to the Benfica fans, you did exactly what was needed to go through. Good luck

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
I think we shouldn't blame the ref or anything, and I think it's bad Conte chose to do that. This loss is on us, let's accept it like the men we are, congratulate those who beat us and improve for next year. What are losses if not incentives to do better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)