[Europa League] JUVENTUS 0-0 Benfica (May 1st 2014) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
When you're asking a 1 footed midfielder in Asamoah and a 30 year old classic full-back to be your main attacking outlet, you know it's going to backfire against the best teams

Seriously, when we switch the play (This is something we do all the time) and our spare man in space is a defender, or Asamoah... it's not going to work half as well as it would without the right personel

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Not all that disappointed, just annoyed that we have very little in attack, even playing against 10 men.

Even though we were basically in control, we weren't able to play upbeat. We are rarely able to play upbeat.
I think we would have lost it in the final anyways. This juve team has proved that when stakes are high they choke. We cant just go an score. we depend on luck and thats bad.

My only hope is that Conte acknowledges that, instead of saying we should have advanced, it was raining, a hurricane, ball was white, etc.
This will not happen. He has said many times the 352 is alright.

It would take a heavy agnelli uprage to maybe JUST MAYBE, shake things up.

Hopefully a lot of useless players like Vucinic and Deceglies will not be here enxt year...and we will see some variations.

Also no more islas and pelusos please.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
You do know that taking out Pirlo even if he is not at his best game is a mistake given that Pirlo can at any day deliver that one killing pass or one FK that make the difference!
tevez and giovinco are not completely inept at FK, and attacking both benfica's sides with double flanks would've been much better than 3 CBs, 2 not so technical CMs and a tiring old slow ass DLP trying to penetrate the center of defense.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Will probably receive a lot of hate from this but I feel that Lichtsteiner is severely overrated.
I dont think he is overrated but apart from his first season with us.. he has been in decline. His game depends a lot in physical stress..and he is old man.. Conte forces him to deliver when he cant.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
One shocking sub was the Osvaldo one. He's proven himself to be shyte time and again. Also, If you're chasing a game, even if he's dead tired, you keep Llorente in there for his height, as he may score at any moment off any random cross.
Bold - that was the worst sub by Conte since his took over as a coach, Osvaldo is a joke of a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)