[Europa League] Benfica 2-1 JUVENTUS (April 24th 2014) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
With this result the major bad thing is that we are losing coef. points. On the other hand this loss will motivate us to be fully concentrated for a win in Turin. Both goals were avoidable and Marchisio should have scored his chance but that's football. Anyways we got a good away result. It should be much easier than the 1-1 draw with Fiorentina at home.

Also the prediction of the Benfica guy was totally wrong. He said that his team will attack us from the first until the last minute. And what I saw was that Benfica were trying to hit us on the counter.
Like how Gala's match motivated us against Benfica, right? Pathetic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Like how Gala's match motivated us against Benfica, right? Pathetic.
As an overall play we were fine. And we were playing with the second best team in the tournament that many even consider the best. Benfica got two shots on target and two goals. We were unlucky not to score a second and it is unjust result. I would wait with the insults for the team until the second leg. We still have our chances.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I actually think we played quite a good match and were unlucky not to win. Strange game but it wouldn't be shameful to bow out of Europe playing the way we did from the 30th minute onwards.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
People still believe in the motivation factor after failing in a European game? :lol: Conte was pleased with the result
We showed character. :agree:

As an overall play we were fine. And we were playing with the second best team in the tournament that many even consider the best. Benfica got two shots on target and two goals. We were unlucky not to score a second and it is unjust result. I would wait with the insults for the team until the second leg. We still have our chances.
The ball simply didn't want to go in. :agree:

all being said, this was one super entertaining match.
I believe I'm being trolled now,and it's working.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: The CL semis were incredibly boring tbh; that ATM vs Chelsea game was an epic snooze fest. 1 goal in 2 games :yuck: :inter:

Having said that, I can't say this was an immensely entertaining game. There were elements of entertainment, and it was a balanced encounter, but Benfica only had like 2 shots on target the entire game, while we had something like 3 or 4.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I actually think we played quite a good match and were unlucky not to win. Strange game but it wouldn't be shameful to bow out of Europe playing the way we did from the 30th minute onwards.
Maybe it wouldn't be shameful. But with the final being in Turin I consider going out in the semis a major blow.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If we score first and score in the first half, the pressure is on Benfica to break us down. However we absolutely must go for a 2nd goal because even if we sit back it's almost inevitable that Benfica will break us down and score. It's not hard when Bonucci is at the heart of your oppositions defence.

I would be preparing for this match as if we needed two goals, because if we score then do the usual conservation BS then Benfica will score and we'll have to completely re-set and try to grab another goal. That's not going to work, it never does for us.

Of course, if it's 1-0 in the dying minutes then we do park and we park the f*cking boat.

enzo

May 14, 2012
People still believe in the motivation factor after failing in a European game? :lol: Conte was pleased with the result
Following the interviews, he wasn't actually pleased with the result.

Even if we score 2 goals, all they need is 1 to take it to ET, which means if they score first, it's almost GN.
At this stage everything is possible playing at home.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
what game did you watched? benfica had like 5 or 6 clear situations. we're lucky we escaped with this result. Conte should wake the fuck up and play the best formation and die on the field on those 90 mins. but he won't ...we will play exactly like we did vs fiorentina at home, waiting and waiting for the one goal.

enzo

May 14, 2012
what game did you watched? benfica had like 5 or 6 clear situations. we're lucky we escaped with this result. Conte should wake the fuck up and play the best formation and die on the field on those 90 mins. but he won't ...we will play exactly like we did vs fiorentina at home, waiting and waiting for the one goal.
Well, I partly agree if you refer to the first half, but not the second. We had several very good chances. For the lead, and later for the equalizer.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Well, I partly agree if you refer to the first half, but not the second. We had several very good chances. For the lead, and later for the equalizer.
we had marchisio's two shots, and pogs header. they had only 2 shots on goal, but that markovic shot and that blocked pass from the right plus the 1st half opportunities. we're lucky, it was a hard away match, but we decide our faith at home. the players are believing in the qualification (as i've seen from the post match interviews) and so will the full packed stadium. but we need to be more creeative than that.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We can overturn this.

Had it been 1-1 in Lisbon, we still couldn't just "rely" on 0-0 at home even though it would've seen us through, because it's so damn risky. Whether it's 1-1 or 2-1 Benfica, we still have to push for the goal at home.

A 1-0 win will see us through and a 2-1 win will get us injury time.

If we can't beat Benfica once in two 90 minutes matches, we don't deserve to go through anyway.

And if we beat them 3-2, well ... That's just not good enough. Then Benfica will have deserved it, having been able to score twice at JS.

I'm gonna stay positive. I'm confident we can turn this around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)