[Europa League] Benfica 2-1 JUVENTUS (April 24th 2014) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
I'd use a midfield of Marchisio-Pogba-Vidal.

Pirlo may be a liability in this kind of game :/
Pirlo is not there to defend he is a deep lying playmaker thats why we have 3 at the back to protect him , infact i feel pirlo is an asset as benfica will have to think how to block him out , will mostly be a man to man marking job . He is the difference between march and vidal and pogba who all 3 are box to box .

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Even if he struggles against teams that press him and man mark him effectively, you'd want Pirlo on in these sort of games, purely to scare the fuck out of them when we have freekicks in dangerous areas.
I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but maybe they'll also pay TOO much attention to marking Pirlo, taking pressure off our other players.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Hence the "I probably have no idea what I'm talking about" part, I'm not afraid to admit it :D

But open game = space for us to exploit :tuttosport:. I'm hoping for no mistakes at the back.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just going on what I've seen/there fans have said, but this is a big semi-final, so they may well be slightly more cautious. I just don't think it suits their style or personnel.

Should leave room for us. I actually think these games suit Giovinco more than our other strikers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
the strongest team available will play. which means Llorente and Tevez(if he recvers)/Gio. and Llorente to have a great game and score atleast one goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)