Europa League 2023-24 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We need Atalanta's scouts. No matter how much their talent has been raided over the past few years, theyve always managed to replace them with equally just as good players. They must have made an insane amount of plusvalenza
They're built around their youth system but of course the better they do they can spend more on better quality pieces to add to them, like Ederson.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Happy for Atalanta. Besides their colours I don't hate them at all. They play nice football, got some great players and it's always nice to see a team win a continental trophy which isn't one of the usual boring suspects.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bayer Leverkusen v Atalanta xG: 0.85 vs 0.68 :euromax:

He was practically everywhere, he was confidend with the ball ran a lot made Xhaka his own bitch and looked very mature on the pitch. I think he would fit perfectly for us if Motta becomes our couch.

Atalanta has a great number of exellent players. It's a shame that players like Ederson, Koop, Lookman, Scalvini and Carnesechi are playing for Atalanta and not Juventus. I would be happy if we gat at least one or ideally two players from this bunch.
Had an amazing match. That said, this crop of Atalanta players on the whole doesn't impress me as much as those in previous sides. More "Italy class today" than "Italy class". But they played their system well to effectiveness on 1:1s, and Bayer looked like ass really.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Atalanta the first Italian team to win the UEFA cup/Europa League since Parma in 1999.
before us? juve has like a dozen international trophies, was the first club to win all international competitions
milan , atalanta and inter and roma, have won more international competitions than any juve gen z fan have seen their team win in their lifetime

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Can't believe freakin Atalanta got their hands on a European trophy before us :sergio:
JJ have won zero international trophies in the 21st century. Pretty terrible record for a club of this size.

Then again Serie A's record as a whole isn't that great in this century. Only 3 CL's and 1 EL.

In comparison, EPL has 6 CL's and 4 EL's. Also underwhelming for the resources and the number of contenders they've had over the years.

Meanwhile La Liga has a whopping 11 CL's and 12 EL's during this period. On an average, a La Liga team wins an EL or CL every year for the last 24 years. Crazy stats.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
JJ have won zero international trophies in the 21st century. Pretty terrible record for a club of this size.

Then again Serie A's record as a whole isn't that great in this century. Only 3 CL's and 1 EL.

In comparison, EPL has 6 CL's and 4 EL's. Also underwhelming for the resources and the number of contenders they've had over the years.

Meanwhile La Liga has a whopping 11 CL's and 12 EL's during this period. On an average, a La Liga team wins an EL or CL every year for the last 24 years. Crazy stats.
Serie A has scored a pretty massive own goal in that time period by relegating and financially crippling their strongest squad in 2006. It took a decade for Juve to rise from the ashes of that the club still has never built a team that was arguably the strongest in the world like we had in the mid 00s and the late 90s. Serie A has definitely never recovered from that hit and the financial mess the two Milans made of themselves.

It’s hard to say for certain, because this club definitely knows how to choke in finals, but without calciopoli I think we would have likely won a CL between 2006 and 2012 with the squad we had built/were building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)