Europa League 2022-23 (14 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Gianluca #Pessotto to 'Sky Sport': "Feeling about the draw? #SportingCP is definitely a young and strong squad, even if in the league they are behind #Benfica. In case we qualify we will face one between #ManchesterUnited and #Sevilla, two other strong teams. We are #Juventus and we have the duty to fight until the end. Even the others are worried to face us".

[@AroundJuventus]

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 26, 2016
This competition is a good lesson to all. Juve fans, management, coach, players... everyone became arrogant few years ago. People started taking Scudetto and CL football for granted, like it will be handed to us.

Also, this competition will be useful for these younger players, to gain experience in Europe.

That's how I see it.
Great mindset to have.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Gianluca #Pessotto to 'Sky Sport': "Feeling about the draw? #SportingCP is definitely a young and strong squad, even if in the league they are behind #Benfica. In case we qualify we will face one between #ManchesterUnited and #Sevilla, two other strong teams. We are #Juventus and we have the duty to fight until the end. Even the others are worried to face us".

[@AroundJuventus]
Others see the name Juventus, but don't know what's beneath it at the moment.

I actually wonder what is the experience of coaches of the teams that we played and will play in Europe when they start to prepare for the matches against us.

I imagine it's something like this:

7eu572.jpg

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sporting isnt the easiest draw but I guess its time we get a real competition.
Sevilla or Manchester to meet us if we go through. My bet goes on Sevilla as they are the Real Madrid of this competition.
Would rather we face them too actually as despite what I said I do rate Man Utd as tougher to face.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Am I really expected to be afraid of Sporting? No, we should be able to beat them. However our "great coach" might have some other plans.
Sporting has none of the individual quality. Pote is amazing, but he's no Di Maria.

The gap is smaller when you think about a better team, as Juve has the edge but by less.

But forget about the coach. I'd take Amorim over Allegrisaurus any day.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Would prefer semi first leg away, United would play a similar game to how they overcame Barca, they'll do enough to take it home. Playing at old turdford for second leg is always difficult.
Over the past decade in knock out rounds of Euro competitions, we’ve traditionally done better when we play at home first.

We usually let teams inflict too much damage against us when we play away first and then need to play catch up at home and tend to lose (Atletico game not withstanding)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Sporting has none of the individual quality. Pote is amazing, but he's no Di Maria.

The gap is smaller when you think about a better team, as Juve has the edge but by less.

Amorim is indeed the difference maker here.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

And this is exactly what I'm getting at. There shouldn't really be any excuses here, any decent coach should be able to get us to the next stage without much of a problem. I'm just hoping I'm not going to be the one to post "great coach" in his thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)