Europa League 2022-23 (6 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But if we make the finals, we'll be the favorites, unlike the Italians in the CL :D

True, but considering we MUST win EL to have any chance to qualify for CL next season (that is if ceferin doesnt kick us out anyways), so we can afford to keep key players or attract and sign quality ones. I was genuinely hoping for the easiest possible route to the finals, for our survivability's sake as a club. Our future is in such a bleak scenario this summer.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Precedents with #SportingCP:
2 games, 1 win and 1 draw (GF 3, GA 2)

17/18 - 2-1 in Turin, 1-1 in Lisbon

[Mirko Di Natale]

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Honestly I dont really give a fuck about this competition though

Do yellows reset?
I kind of do

Because we aren’t playing in the CL or any other European competition any time soon. So this might be our last chance to play in and try win silverware in Europe for a long time.

We won’t anyway tho. No way we make it through this path.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
17/18 - Juventus have faced Sporting CP only once in European competitions, in the Group stage of the 2017/18 Champions League: they have won 2-1 at home, drawing 1-1 in the away game. Path.

#sorteggio #UELdraw

[Opta Paolo]

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Because Sporting just knocked out the 1st team in the PL while playing in London
That's indeed a great achievement, but it's also true that Sporting are a beatable team. They were eliminated from the CL group by Tottenham and Eintracht, the two teams eliminated (Eintracht quite easily) by Milan and Napoli, and they are doing pretty bad in the domestic league.
What sucks is that this is THE competition for them too, because the league table doesn't give them great chances to make it to next year's CL.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Hahahahaha

Literally the second hardest team and the hardest path the final.

The luck of this fucken club in Europe.
It’s hard to criticise our luck when we’ve had the likes of Lyon, Porto, Villarreal, Freiburg, Nantes in our last 5 knock out draws?
It is the two toughest teams possible of course, but that streak of easier ties on paper was bound to end at some point.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I kind of do

Because we aren’t playing in the CL or any other European competition any time soon. So this might be our last chance to play in and try win silverware in Europe for a long time.

I tbink this bullshit penalty and hating uefa has just made me not really care about this season any more. I also think we won't be kicked out of Europe and will probably not miss out on top 4 because we will get points back

Optimistic, I know

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I tbink this bullshit penalty and hating uefa has just made me not really care about this season any more. I also think we won't be kicked out of Europe and will probably not miss out on top 4 because we will get points back

Optimistic, I know
Nope.

Even if they give us our points back (which they won’t) there is still the Prisma case as well as UEFA’s investigation when the Prisma case concludes. We are at a serious risk of a multi-year ban by these cunts. This is their payback for the super league.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I kind of do

I do as well. We haven’t won a European trophy for nearly 30 years and won’t be relevant in the CL for 4-5 years minimum imo.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It’s hard to criticise our luck when we’ve had the likes of Lyon, Porto, Villarreal, Freiburg, Nantes in our last 5 knock out draws?
It is the two toughest teams possible of course, but that streak of easier ties on paper was bound to end at some point.
No just our luck as opposed to what the Italians in the CL draw have got.

We literally have a harder path to a European final than Napoli or Milan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)