Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Italy have a good vibe around their team and players sacrifice themselves a lot with hardwork. But I'm not sure it'd be enough against France, they have too much quality and fire power. It'd be difficult
I also think France might be just enough of a team to have their individual talent decide things for them, but :xfingers:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Mancini has to start rotating though or this Italy will burn out the same as 2012 Italy did. Lippi's 2006 squad used almost every guy they bought to the tournament except the reserve gk
Im surprised he didn't rotate any players vs Switzerland. At least he made a lot of changes and gave rest to key players during the match, but it would have been good to rest a few starters.

Particularly since the bench is good enough to accommodate it. Pessina and Chiesa could have slotted in.

I hope we will see a good amount of changes for Wales.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
La Liga still looking for its first goal in this EURO, with 18 matches already played.

Serie A is leading for the time being with 14 goals (and 2 owngoals) scored by serie A players. Bundesliga with 11 goals (and one owngoal); EPL players scored 6; Championship players scored 2, just like Dutch league and Belgium league players. Chinese league and Ligue 1 with one goal. But 0 for La Liga right now.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I think individual brilliance will decide this tournament. This is why I think Italy won't win it. They are a well rounded team but they lack that x factor like an Mbappe, Ronaldo or De Bruyne.

France are going to be too hard to stop imo. They are pretty much like a 90s Serie A team with a couple of match winners upfront.

I'll be surprised if they don't win this Euro.
Individual brilliance is not just down to a player though, France aside (because its obvious), we have better individuals than Portugal or Belgium.

Ronaldo and De Bruyne are a class apart, remove them though (and any Italy player you want) and I'd say our remaining 10 players are individually better still.

Lukaku, Carrasco, T. Hazard, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Meunier, Verthongen, Denayer, Alderweireld, Courtois

It's great team but I don't feel shy to say that ours looks better. Lukaku and of course De Bruyne are the ones that really stand out. Belgium-Italy would be a great match, could go in any way of course. Similar for Portugal.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Im surprised he didn't rotate any players vs Switzerland. At least he made a lot of changes and gave rest to key players during the match, but it would have been good to rest a few starters.

Particularly since the bench is good enough to accommodate it. Pessina and Chiesa could have slotted in.

I hope we will see a good amount of changes for Wales.
There was no need to rotate players against Switzerland. The game had to be won and the strongest players needed to start to ensure victory and qualifying for the round of 16 ASAP. He brought on Toloi and Pessina for their tournament debuts when the game was secured anyway. Rotating for the sake of rotating is never a good strategy imo.

He will of course rest plenty of players for the relatively meaningless game against Wales. I expect Belotti, Chiesa,Verratti, Emerson and maybe even Cristante or Pessina starting for sure.

I hope Chiello is back for the knock out rounds. Even at his old age and with his lack of pace, his leadership and marshalling of the defence is vital. He’s also a threat at set pieces at this tournament as well.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
There was no need to rotate players against Switzerland. The game had to be won and the strongest players needed to start to ensure victory and qualifying for the round of 16 ASAP. He brought on Toloi and Pessina for their tournament debuts when the game was secured anyway. Rotating for the sake of rotating is never a good strategy imo.

He will of course rest plenty of players for the relatively meaningless game against Wales. I expect Belotti, Chiesa,Verratti, Emerson and maybe even Cristante or Pessina starting for sure.

I hope Chiello is back for the knock out rounds. Even at his old age and with his lack of pace, his leadership and marshalling of the defence is vital. He’s also a threat at set pieces at this tournament as well.
I would have still rotated 1 or 2 players, but yes its fine either way. The way Italy is playing is very intense and ideally I want the team to reach the knockouts in the freshest shape possible. Most just nerves by me I guess.

Yes, Chiellini is necessary even if Acerbi is excellent as well.

Emerson needs to start, Spinazzola's work rate is ridiculous, need him to not be exhausted.

Belotti I think will start but its not clear to me. Immobile is playing great and he is a confidence striker, it can mean a lot to him to keep stringing good performances. Belotti deserves a match though.

In midfield the only player we have no replacement for is Jorginho, the rest are fine to rotate.

Chiesa should start too, lets see him explode.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Individual brilliance is not just down to a player though, France aside (because its obvious), we have better individuals than Portugal or Belgium.

Ronaldo and De Bruyne are a class apart, remove them though (and any Italy player you want) and I'd say our remaining 10 players are individually better still.

Lukaku, Carrasco, T. Hazard, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Meunier, Verthongen, Denayer, Alderweireld, Courtois

It's great team but I don't feel shy to say that ours looks better. Lukaku and of course De Bruyne are the ones that really stand out. Belgium-Italy would be a great match, could go in any way of course. Similar for Portugal.
Well of course you'll have better individual players if you remove the best individual players from other teams.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Well of course you'll have better individual players if you remove the best individual players from other teams.
I removed 1 player, the one Xperd cited. That's my point, Belgium has 1 player (De Bruyne) that is ahead of any Italian player, otherwise the rest of the lineup does not contain more individual quality.

Individual quality or brilliance doesn't come only from 1 star.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Kulu on the bench?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I removed 1 player, the one Xperd cited. That's my point, Belgium has 1 player (De Bruyne) that is ahead of any Italian player, otherwise the rest of the lineup does not contain more individual quality.
If you think Immobile and Lukaku are on the same level you are in some delusions.. Also Munier > Di Lorenzo

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Italy have an overall better team and they are also playing a better team football.
France are obviously ahead of everyone and should blame themselves if they fail to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)