Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well of course you'll have better individual players if you remove the best individual players from other teams.
Kinda like saying that Pogba would win the Ballon d'Or every year if you just eliminated those 85 minutes a match where he gets lost and marches around through the motions.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I removed 1 player, the one Xperd cited. That's my point, Belgium has 1 player (De Bruyne) that is ahead of any Italian player, otherwise the rest of the lineup does not contain more individual quality.

Individual quality or brilliance doesn't come only from 1 star.
Lukaku? Hazard? No, individually this Italy side don't have too many stars. Maybe Barella. But isn't that just why Italy are such a great team?

- - - Updated - - -

I too don't see how Beligium is having a better team than Italy. Not at all.
Team no, players yes. Belgium's top three, top four players are a lot better than Italy's. If you look at the first 11 as a whole I'd probably give the edge to Italy. And if you look at the teams and how they play, Italy are miles ahead of us.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Compare Belgium and Italy organisation. Belgium were opened up a lot by Denmark, attack only clicked when KDB came on otherwise they lose that match against mediocre opposition. Italy off the ball come back immediately and make a back 6, they press hard out of possession and on attack the midfielders get into the box. Only France have that level of organisation and tactics furthermore, they have the best squad. Spain and Portugal have very talented squads but Spain are tactically weak, Portugal are much better organised so I expect them to do better out of the two. Teams that function well together without relying on an individual will always do better, doubling up on Lukaku and KDB will be enough to eliminate Belgium.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Compare Belgium and Italy organisation. Belgium were opened up a lot by Denmark, attack only clicked when KDB came on otherwise they lose that match against mediocre opposition. Italy off the ball come back immediately and make a back 6, they press hard out of possession and on attack the midfielders get into the box. Only France have that level of organisation and tactics furthermore, they have the best squad. Spain and Portugal have very talented squads but Spain are tactically weak, Portugal are much better organised so I expect them to do better out of the two. Teams that function well together without relying on an individual will always do better, doubling up on Lukaku and KDB will be enough to eliminate Belgium.

Final will be Italy vs France.

France will score first via pogba, but then Italy will equalize via immobile.
And then Italy will take inspiration from Juve and perform the usual self-implosion in last 30 mins of a high profile game, conceding 3 goals to lose 1-4.
Post match: bonucci and chiellini applaud how great France is and how deserving it is that they won while Italy does not have quality but are graceful loser. Forza italia forza Juve

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
--------------------------------------------------------UPDATE UEFA EURO--------------------------------------------------------
Patrik Schick: 2 games 3 goals
Shitbert Lewandowski: 9 games 2 goals

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
England beats Scotland and the "experts" gonna fap themselves to death.

But let's not give a bit of credit to Italy for beating Swiss and Turkey.
The same Switzerland and Turkey that many pundits on social media and on TV said we’re genuine dark horses and that Italy could struggle against.

Italy pump both 3-0 and the narrative is spun that both teams are garbage and Italy haven’t been tested yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)