Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
You fell for the hype. The English football media does it every tournament. These players aren’t as good as they are made out to be. Let’s be honest, a lot of these players are enhanced because of the superior quality they play with at club level.
This England side reminds of current season Juventus in some ways. I think there is some real quality upfront with Kane and Sterling but the midfield is absolutely lousy and unable to control games.

I think Southgate realizes that and just plays ultra defensive football but this side will be in danger if they have to come back from a goal. Southgate is just playing f'in negative football while he has a pretty decent amount of creative players

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If results hold England face runner up of Group of Death correct?

- - - Updated - - -

This England side reminds of current season Juventus in some ways. I think there is some real quality upfront with Kane and Sterling but the midfield is absolutely lousy and unable to control games.

I think Southgate realizes that and just plays ultra defensive football but this side will be in danger if they have to come back from a goal.
Funny cause i felt the same comparison with juve watching them against Scotland. The midfield looked limp and just passed the ball sideways with no ideas or tempo

However, i think the addition of Saka and Grealish have made them look more dangerous tonight but also more exposed at the back. Southgate will need to find a balance.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There is no reason for Southgate to have his team play this crappy.

Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Saka, hell even Grealish.

These are quality players. Arguably the best England have had in quite a while.

And the football is just horrendous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005
There is no reason for Southgate to have his team play this crappy.

Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Saka, hell even Grealish.

These are quality players. Arguably the best England have had in quite a while.

And the football is just horrendous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
I'd say only 1 of them is top quality.

I think the English team is completely overhyped but to be fair to them they haven't let in a goal and given how open the tournament is I still wouldn't rule them out. If Kane starts scoring they will be a different team but he seems well off the pace.

I think there is no clear favourite. Italy have looked by far the best for me but still have a few question marks over them. All the other big teams have been up and down.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Saka is a top player in the making, he won't be at Arsenal for long if he has any common sense.
I thought we should have looked at him before he signed his contract. I was surprised we didn't given Tici seemed increasingly interested in English freebies.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I'd say only 1 of them is top quality.

I think the English team is completely overhyped but to be fair to them they haven't let in a goal and given how open the tournament is I still wouldn't rule them out. If Kane starts scoring they will be a different team but he seems well off the pace.

I think there is no clear favourite. Italy have looked by far the best for me but still have a few question marks over them. All the other big teans have been up and down.
Italy doesn’t have a team of superstars, but from that England team, only Sancho, Kane and maybe Kyle Walker make it into the Italian lineup.
The others are just PL hype merchants.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
"Shick doesn't make the England squad" - ESPN commentator

Thoughts?
Being as England already has roughly 4 Schicks, one has to wonder if there is a diminishing return on accumulating them further. As we can see though, the brave English Schicks are too powerful as it is, easily dispatching the lone Czech Schick.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Lukaaaaa!!

- - - Updated - - -

What a player Modrić!
Magnificent player.

Would still happily have him at Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Italy doesn’t have a team of superstars, but from that England team, only Sancho, Kane and maybe Kyle Walker make it into the Italian lineup.
The others are just PL hype merchants.
Sancho and Kyle Walker don't even make the England lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)