Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (4 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Thought Pogba did very well in his deep role against Germans, he looked pretty comfortable there and also had the occasional chance to burst forward. Howedes seemed like the only German who really wanted the win, class block on Giroud and also looked very determined whenever involved upfront. Also liked Umtiti, very ballsy from Deschamps to play him in the semi final, but he repaid him, too bad Barcelona got him, very interesting player. Hopefully Griezmann still has something left for the Portugal, because Giroud is a tree.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What a game, worthy of a final. 2 teams going at it from the first minute. Makes me sick knowing I'll watch Portugal kill a game in the actual final.

Unlucky Germany, really deserved much more.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Thought Pogba did very well in his deep role against Germans, he looked pretty comfortable there and also had the occasional chance to burst forward. Howedes seemed like the only German who really wanted the win, class block on Giroud and also looked very determined whenever involved upfront. Also liked Umtiti, very ballsy from Deschamps to play him in the semi final, but he repaid him, too bad Barcelona got him, very interesting player. Hopefully Griezmann still has something left for the Portugal, because Giroud is a tree.
he did alright but it kills me watching him so restricted like that because he is capable of doing more than alright. He went forward on two occasions that I remember. One time closer to the end of the game he dribbled past a play and run into space and tried a long shot from distance. The other occasion is his semi-assist for the second goal where he capitalized on the mistake by mustafi i think, pulled the ball back with great control, then brilliantly dribbled past mustafi and sent in the cross that hit a defender and bounced back to Griezman. This is how effective he can be going forward. He went forward twice and one of them became a goal. Going forward he doesn't just do alright he can do great.

If france is to find a good regista in the future and pogba is released forward then the trio of Pogba, Payet and Griezman can be insanely good.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
he did alright but it kills me watching him so restricted like that because he is capable of doing more than alright. He went forward on two occasions that I remember. One time closer to the end of the game he dribbled past a play and run into space and tried a long shot from distance. The other occasion is his semi-assist for the second goal where he capitalized on the mistake by mustafi i think, pulled the ball back with great control, then brilliantly dribbled past mustafi and sent in the cross that hit a defender and bounced back to Griezman. This is how effective he can be going forward. He went forward twice and one of them became a goal. Going forward he doesn't just do alright he can do great.

If france is to find a good regista in the future and pogba is released forward then the trio of Pogba, Payet and Griezman can be insanely good.
well too bad for france that they cant clone him, of course he'd do great in a more attacking role, but i really thought he was more than alright in his deep role last night. won almost all of his battles, even against two and three opponents and managed to stay involved even if Germany always had at least one guy glued to him. was really impressed how he dictated the play and bossed his team mates around, showed some good leadership qualities there.

no matter how good the hypothetical trio might be, there's always gonna be Giroud to fuck up the buildup. :p

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
they need a distributor and apparently Paul is the only one that can play that role so he ends up playing from very deep and not to his strengths.

actually come to think of it, are there any french CMs that can play regista? Its the only hole in the squad.
Cabaye is the only one I guess. Maybe Schneiderlin but that's it

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
How can people cheer for France :inter: yuck
France :tuttosport:

they need a distributor and apparently Paul is the only one that can play that role so he ends up playing from very deep and not to his strengths.

actually come to think of it, are there any french CMs that can play regista? Its the only hole in the squad.
Cabaye, but he's simply not good enough.

farfan

Mar 12, 2016
France could barely string two passes togheter on germany's half. Germany was absolutely domminating them untill that gifted penalty.

Germany, without Hummels, Khedira, Gomes

After going 1-0 thanks to the gift, france got more space and had a better second half, germans greatly missed that centreforward.

With Khedira and Gomes, thanks italy, France would have easely been knocked out.
Excuses, excuses ...It's as if France aren't missing their best striker and 3 of their best center backs .

Imagine Italy without the BBC .

Jun 6, 2015

Cabaye is the only one I can think of but he has other shortcomings.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yeah but they are shit. I meant good ones
Among the ones called, no one. Maybe there are a few that werent called up, but I can't think of any at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

4231 might be the best formation for this France

Kante Matuidi
Griezmann Pogba Payet
Giroud

If they had Benzema and a creative CM (what ever happened to Grenier?), they would look scary in a 4312

Kante Grenier Pogba
Payet
Griezmann Benzema

Jun 6, 2015
Among the ones called, no one. Maybe there are a few that werent called up, but I can't think of any at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

4231 might be the best formation for this France

Kante Matuidi
Griezmann Pogba Payet
Giroud

If they had Benzema and a creative CM (what ever happened to Grenier?), they would look scary in a 4312

Kante Grenier Pogba
Payet
Griezmann Benzema
I think the diamond formation would be the best for them as I don't like Griezmann playing wide.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Excuses, excuses ...It's as if France aren't missing their best striker and 3 of their best center backs .

Imagine Italy without the BBC .
Key difference beeing france having CB depth and offensive options

germans have 0 strikers with gomez out. Khedira was missed alot cause Gundogan wasent there either.

Italy was missing all its differencemakers in the midfield and up front with Verratti, Marchisio, De Rossi, Rossi and Balotelli out.

they were allready extremely set back, and you want to take the centrebacks aswel ? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

For the quality that it has, france is seriously underperforming as a team. Not as much as belgium whom have fewer quality and were twice as bad as a team, but still.

They are also young.

A complete selection of this france (with benz, fullbacks, players growing), and a solid gameplan, this france could be the closest thing to 08-12 spain in terms of domminance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)