Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (69 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
The Irish and Swedish teams must have watched last night's game and changed their mind about which team they think they can snatch points from, yet somehow Belgian's individual talent and depth may just pull them through. The way they played was poor even for international football, I can't get carried away with the Italian performance after that.

Italy will struggle when a team decides to manage the way Pelle or Candreva are receiving possession out there, unless Conte decides to actually drop Eder for Insigne/Berdarneschi and create an alternate threat.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What else is Italy supposed to do? Their forwards and midfielders are relatively poor compared to other teams and other tournaments. I would sit back and hit on the counter as well. Obviously the defense is strong and Conte is playing to their strengths. It's boring, but it's the only shot they got.

He wanted Italy to win, no? I thought he liked Azzurri.
Interestingly enough yesterday was pretty much the best game of the Euros so far.

And Seven believes Belgium is one of the top top favourites to win the tournament, had a few intense debates with Zacheryah on the matter :D

Think there's even an avatar bet with Osman or something.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Forza Hungary @s4tch

Dzsudzsák babbyy :tuttosport:
:delpiero: i must spread first

btw austria is clearly the strongest team, i'd accept a draw.

- - - Updated - - -

The French advised that England supporters also stayed nearby in Lille before the second group stage game based in Lens, given the small size of the host city (they are ~25km apart). Guess where Russia play next...yep, Lille.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...test-with-uefa-set-to-reveal-russia-punishm2/

Russia given 'suspended sentence' by UEFA. This only applies to incidents inside the stadium.
surprisingly dilettante organization by the french, probably good decision by uefa.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The French advised that England supporters also stayed nearby in Lille before the second group stage game based in Lens, given the small size of the host city (they are ~25km apart). Guess where Russia play next...yep, Lille.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...test-with-uefa-set-to-reveal-russia-punishm2/

Russia given 'suspended sentence' by UEFA. This only applies to incidents inside the stadium.
Was one worse than the other or do you think its the british media biased on this?

The suspension is subject to appeal so I presume its a scare tactic...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Was one worse than the other or do you think its the british media biased on this?

The suspension is subject to appeal so I oresume its a scare tactic...
Everyone is biased, but I don't think I've ever seen a trained force go to a tournament to attack people, it's indefensible no matter who they are. Those are almost all regular people like you or me over there, not hooligans. And I'm aware there are many regular Russian fans too, but no other country has a fricking squad running around :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)