Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Turkey are good enough at beating themselves, but I think they'll win. They've won all but one of their home qualifiers (Latvia lol, draw - which is good enough for tonight), and on paper I still think they have better players than the already-qualified Iceland.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Our world cup winning squad was as weak as it is with the current squad , it was under Lippi that manage to create an aura around the team. How can you say the Italian current squad is weakest at some time , and the same time saying Juventus has the best defensive partnership in Europe. Its hypocrite.
Most stupid post ive ever seen on forum.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Most stupid person i seen on the forum. I'm sure you didn't continue and read what I said about being weak. But yeah, continue being selective when reading through the threads.
Their defense is pretty good, but what about Italy's midfield and attack? They're abysmal.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you remember Italy's midfield and defense in 2006? Del Piero was a bench player ffs.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Their defense is pretty good, but what about Italy's midfield and attack? They're abysmal.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you remember Italy's midfield and defense in 2006? Del Piero was a bench player ffs.
It's one thing when you talking about the players we had, and let me tell you, it wasn't perfect. We had Grosso, Zaccardo, Materazzi, Iaquinta, Gilardino, Perotta we even had Barone I don't even know where he went to. Nesta out in the third group game, we had our fair share of bad players then, but that's not what I meant when I said weak.

If you remember , how was our run up to the tournament, we had the worst possible way to prepare facing a major tournament, no one even anyone gave us any chance, hell we were supposed to pack our bags in the group stage itself. I been watching Italy since 94 and as far as I remember, 2006 by far was our worst way coming into the tournament. Yet we prevail because of one man, Lippi.

Compare that with our current NT, going into Euro, players are one thing, but we have the best possible way to prepare with the federation and the league helping Conte, On the players, it isn't just us who regressed but most other major nations, and so far no media are ripping us apart saying we will go out in the group stage as how they did in 2006. We have our fair share of good players , along with horrible now just like we had in 2006.

If you talking about strength, 2002 was the best team we had imho.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's one thing when you talking about the players we had, and let me tell you, it wasn't perfect. We had Grosso, Zaccardo, Materazzi, Iaquinta, Gilardino, Perotta we even had Barone I don't even know where he went to. Nesta out in the third group game, we had our fair share of bad players then, but that's not what I meant when I said weak.

If you remember , how was our run up to the tournament, we had the worst possible way to prepare facing a major tournament, no one even anyone gave us any chance, hell we were supposed to pack our bags in the group stage itself. I been watching Italy since 94 and as far as I remember, 2006 by far was our worst way coming into the tournament. Yet we prevail because of one man, Lippi.

Compare that with our current NT, going into Euro, players are one thing, but we have the best possible way to prepare with the federation and the league helping Conte, On the players, it isn't just us who regressed but most other major nations, and so far no media are ripping us apart saying we will go out in the group stage as how they did in 2006. We have our fair share of good players , along with horrible now just like we had in 2006.

If you talking about strength, 2002 was the best team we had imho.
:tup:

I agree about 2002 but 2006 wasn't far behind. And yeah, Italy has always been a slow starter. But I like your response, very well thought out and said. Appreciate the effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)