Euro 2004: Italy - Denmark (Group C) (4 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #105
    Helveg gave us warning guys ... i got this feelings that we will smash them bad ! Forza Azzurri !

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    The Media is probably on Totti's side because he does not make the Italian media look like idiots. In 94 Baggio was on the lips of every Italian overseas who watch very little football: all they knew was Baggio as it was fed into their minds via pre-tournament coverage, etc. Baggio lived up to the hype.
    Then came DP who was touted as the "next one" despite being very young and Baggio still the more talented player. After not living up to expectation in 98 and 00 everyone was wondering "this is the GREAT ONE" the Italian media shoved down our throats??
    Totti was never given the coverage he deserved. Thus, when he did shine it was a "bonus". The signficant OTHER player. This year he is the most talked about Azzurri but still I see the coverage and it does not come close to the amount of over-rated Hype DP received. It was no accident that certain players are hyped ... advertising, their team and backdoor politics plays a big role. I always felt that DP may have had a better run had Juve not put so much attention on him.
    Nedved is missing the point. When DP makes a mistake everyone notices because of all the over-hyped shite we had to swallow for years about him. Obviously he will be criticized. It is no suprise that Totti is not as criticized because he never received the same attention.
    That said, the way things work Alex MAY finally shine because the attention has shifted. If he doesn't shine in these circumstances...he never will.

FORZA ALEX
    FORZA TOTTI
    FORZA ITALIA

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #113
    I really want to see AZZURRI doing great ... with ( Nesta , Cannavaro , Totti , Dp , Vieri ) damn who can stop us ??

Italy Rocks !

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #114
    I really want to see AZZURRI doing great ... with ( Nesta , Cannavaro , Totti , Dp , Vieri ) damn who can stop us ??

Italy Rocks !

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    The Media is probably on Totti's side because he does not make the Italian media look like idiots. In 94 Baggio was on the lips of every Italian overseas who watch very little football: all they knew was Baggio as it was fed into their minds via pre-tournament coverage, etc. Baggio lived up to the hype.
    Then came DP who was touted as the "next one" despite being very young and Baggio still the more talented player. After not living up to expectation in 98 and 00 everyone was wondering "this is the GREAT ONE" the Italian media shoved down our throats??
    Totti was never given the coverage he deserved. Thus, when he did shine it was a "bonus". The signficant OTHER player. This year he is the most talked about Azzurri but still I see the coverage and it does not come close to the amount of over-rated Hype DP received. It was no accident that certain players are hyped ... advertising, their team and backdoor politics plays a big role. I always felt that DP may have had a better run had Juve not put so much attention on him.
    Nedved is missing the point. When DP makes a mistake everyone notices because of all the over-hyped shite we had to swallow for years about him. Obviously he will be criticized. It is no suprise that Totti is not as criticized because he never received the same attention.
    That said, the way things work Alex MAY finally shine because the attention has shifted. If he doesn't shine in these circumstances...he never will.

FORZA ALEX
    FORZA TOTTI
    FORZA ITALIA
    Yeah you got some valid points there. I also think that (perhaps because of the hype that never materialized), DP soon was faced with a love-hate relationship vis a vis the media. And frankly his name always sold a lot of papers so it's business as usual. Sometimes they would show him a lot of patience and support, at other times it would be largely negative and fluctuating like that, from one thing to the next. In a way they would always be down on him for not making it big, but then they would succumb to the ever present feeling of hope and saying maybe this will be the one.

Having been forced into that image of a superstar so early, nothing he could do could ever turn off that limelight. And apparently the media wanted a person like this. There are others like Bobo, Totti etc but his time in the spotlight is always around the corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)