Euro 2004: Italy - Bulgaria (group C) (2 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Im pretty sure that sadly, the game was fixed. In this day and age, its sorta gross it happened. But what are the chances of a 2-2 draw suddenly coming up, might i mention, that an awesome goalie in the match made such a 'mistake' and also, sweden had a penalty.......

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
This really stinks the danish goalkeeper drops the ball and Sweden can do 2-2 in the 89th minute
Exactly. Did you see how great Sorensen was throughout the game? Then he waits til the 89th min to drop a customary take, and allow Sweden to equalise. All over the stands signs were saying "2-2, Ciao Italia!". They set it up as far as I'm concerned.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah, I just saw that shit. I could have made that damn save.
Precisely, and how about Denmark in attack? They were so casual and really should have made it 3-1.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I watched the entire match, believe me it wasn't fixed.

Do you really think the Denmark keeper is concerned with that when his team has a lead in the 89th minute and there is a flurry in front? Denmark just blew the group leadership and now face a more difficult game in the next round. I'm sure they would rather win the group and be the 1 seed then see Sweden advance ahead of Italy...why would they care?

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Exactly. Did you see how great Sorensen was throughout the game? Then he waits til the 89th min to drop a customary take, and allow Sweden to equalise. All over the stands signs were saying "2-2, Ciao Italia!". They set it up as far as I'm concerned.
The fans can say what they please.......they have no say in the match.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
And the end of the game when it stood 2-2, NO ONE was moving and they weren't even playing at all so shouldn't the refree had done something? Aren't there a rule that says that a goalkeeper can't have that ball too long??

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
well, then that sucks....i dont think italy cudve done more than they did in this game. and if its really that glaring from sorensen (havent seen the game personally) uefa shud review it like they did totti.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Lets draw the positives:

1. Trap will be fired :party:
2. We have a good excuse of going out (alleged fixing)
3. We hold the record for the only team with 5 points not to reach the next phase.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
That's so much friggin shit. You say blame trap, i say fvckin match fixing. Did you see what Sorensen did? Fvckin thieves.
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
All I have to say is UEFA better take a look at that match. What fvcking bullshit. 2-2!? Fvcking Swedish and Danish bastards. Absolutely incredible.

Wow, how classy of you guys! :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------

If you're looking for someone to blame that Italy is out, there is only one team: Italian NT.
If they wanted to qualify, they should play better since the very begninning, and not complain now and wait with hold breath for result of another match.

Jul 28, 2002
i say blame trap....in my opinion it was jus a freek occurance.....but id need a closer look.

Italy themselves sucked.

Pirlo...couldnt pass consistantly.
Cassano greedy , but onoccassion briliant.
Corradi...dull and not much of a threat.
DP: softest footballer i have ever seen...sorry :down:
Perrotta woefull passing also fiore, butdid have flashes .
Nesta decent,same for fiore.

Panucci and materzzi....shocking....panucci was useless going forward, could pass for love nor money, and got skinned all the time....materzzi's passing also woefull and shocking actions to give penalty.

Zambo and Gigi are the only guys who can hold their heads up and say they did their bit.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
And the end of the game when it stood 2-2, NO ONE was moving and they weren't even playing at all so shouldn't the refree had done something? Aren't there a rule that says that a goalkeeper can't have that ball too long??
Actually, as I saw it, three Swedish defenders were passing the ball between them. If the Danish players dont want to attack, thats their choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)