[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
whatz happening man.....fenerbche won at sevilla, roma won at madrid, arsenal won at milan , and now schalke won at porto....it looks like the world has been up and down....:D

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,372
    whatz happening man.....fenerbche won at sevilla, roma won at madrid, arsenal won at milan , and now schalke won at porto....it looks like the world has been up and down....:D
    It's orgasmic, the best CL I've seen in ages. It will be crowned with Inter leaving and Barcelona not winning, hopefully losing in the final.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    No way man, the overall quality of the Serie A is still much higher. When talking about the tactical and technical level, the level of defending, the football knowlegde of all those involved and even the individual talent and class EPL is still inferiour to Spain and especially Italy.

Inter are in poor form now and have obviously been helped by the refs, but if we take that away for a minute.. Inter in the first 6 months of the season were a machine. They were winning with some very powerful displays and those displays would've seen them top any European league(don't kill me Turk).

Roma and Fiorentina have improved a lot since last season, and I can remember just 2, maybe 3 boring matches played by them.

Our team, despite our shitty play(especially recently) would still be 3rd in the other top leagues and even second in France and Germany.

Then most importantly and what for me still sets Serie A apart from EPL especially: Behind the top teams there's a huge group of teams, who are getting better each season. udinese, sampdoria, palermo, atalanta. These are Serie A's mid class teams.... I defy any of u guys to prove me wrong, when i say these teams are all stronger than their english, spanish, german and french counterparts.

Not to mention genoa and napoli, who just reached serie a.
    Shall we compare genoa or napoli to derby or birmingham??
    Or maybe o murcia and levante???

Shall we compare the quality of our "end of the table teams" to their english or spanish counterparts????

The only disappointing teams so far this season have been lazio and milan..... and honestly, both of them were expected to underperform since the beginning of the season (or at least i did expect them to underperform).

There's a fantastic balance in the middle of the table, so, even 1 mistake becomes decisive.

Everybosy praises serie a old glories.... but that's just bullshit. Inter is killing the reace for the title, that's true, but there's a fantastic competition just behind inter.

If only the ref's and parties with interest hadn't such an influence on the league.
    Biased argument imo.

Everton, Man City and Tottenham are better than Udinese, Atalanta and Palermo. I'd agree that the bottom half of Italy is probably better than the bottom half of England though.

Everton and Tottenham are playing a good level of football even in the Uefa cup, something we didnt see from the Palermo's and Sampdoria's this season.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I want anyone to win except Inter, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea. I don't mind Liverpool that much cause they're not arrogant cunts, and I don't really dislike Barca that much. I'd prefer if Fenerbahce, Roma or Schalke won it though, in that order.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I hate to say it guys, but this AS Roma is a team I could support. Not that I ever, ever, ever will become a Roma fan though. Nonetheless, there was a a nice atmosphere at the Olimpico against Fiorentina and with Totti, Vucinic, Mancini, Aquilani and De Rossi they have some wonderful players. I also like the sad character of the last two.

Too bad there's always the agression and the lack of class. Otherwise Roma could become a cool club. But I guess that's where the difference between okay and great clubs lies.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    I thought roma would advance, I also wasn't shocked that they beat real TBH. I knew real would try and turn on the heat and I thought roma would do well on the counter attack. Raul's goal shouldn't of counted, the guy was 4 feet offside, but it did make things exciting. I'm happy for roma, they did well, and they deserved to advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)