[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's not Benitez, you just have a bunch of moody players who are expected to perform every time. The coach can give them instructions and a tactical ground from which they are to play - he can't help it that Hazard shows up once in a while, that Oscar isn't performing and that the so called solid players in defense give goals away like there's no tomorrow.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
It's not Benitez, you just have a bunch of moody players who are expected to perform every time. The coach can give them instructions and a tactical ground from which they are to play - he can't help it that Hazard shows up once in a while, that Oscar isn't performing and that the so called solid players in defense give goals away like there's no tomorrow.
When you see Ramires and Lampard being overrun in midfield all game (specially Ramires, awful season he's having), go up 2-0 but being painfully clear that if he didnt change the setup around we would concede sooner rather than later. Done, we concede, 2-1. Still no subs, we concede again, 2-2, no subs. He brings Torres for Lampard in the 78' minute, hardly astute.

Moving Luiz to the middle and bringing on Terry for Ramires would have made the game easier.

I think he's generally a good manager, but his subs constantly piss me off.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
he hasn't been helping his case lately but I think Chelski's problems come from Roman's ego not leaving football people to take care of football issues. He is just too impatient and involved with matters that are outside of his expertise, imo. Take Chelski's mercato this summer for example - I am not familiar with FM but best guess would be Chelski's strategy in building that team would be a perfect fit for it.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
When you see Ramires and Lampard being overrun in midfield all game (specially Ramires, awful season he's having), go up 2-0 but being painfully clear that if he didnt change the setup around we would concede sooner rather than later. Done, we concede, 2-1. Still no subs, we concede again, 2-2, no subs. He brings Torres for Lampard in the 78' minute, hardly astute.

Moving Luiz to the middle and bringing on Terry for Ramires would have made the game easier.

I think he's generally a good manager, but his subs constantly piss me off.
What are your thoughts on Abramovic replacing Di Matteo with Benitez after a "decent" season where Chelsea won CL? Maybe the results in the league weren't brilliant but Villas-Boas led the team most of the season.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What are your thoughts on Abramovic replacing Di Matteo with Benitez after a "decent" season where Chelsea won CL? Maybe the results in the league weren't brilliant but Villas-Boas led the team most of the season.
He was decent in the league, but not by Roman's standard, remember Chelsea didn't qualify for the CL. Di Matteo wasn't much better in the Champions League, but his style worked in the knockout competition. I think Abramovic was always going to try for the next big thing and when DM's result began to suffer in the league this season Abramovich panicked that the thought of not qualifying for the Champions League. So his decision was made for him.

Benitez is a good manager, and a decent steward until Abramovic decides the next guy he's going to fire.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He was decent in the league, but not by Roman's standard, remember Chelsea didn't qualify for the CL. Di Matteo wasn't much better in the Champions League, but his style worked in the knockout competition. I think Abramovic was always going to try for the next big thing and when DM's result began to suffer in the league this season Abramovich panicked that the thought of not qualifying for the Champions League. So his decision was made for him.

Benitez is a good manager, and a decent steward until Abramovic decides the next guy he's going to fire.
:seven:

no pun intended ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Fred what do you think of Arsenal chances landing Cavani? I hear 30M pounds bid?
I don't see us all of a sudden changing our approach in the transfer market and going into a bidding war on a player like Cavani.

The best striker we can hope for is Adrian unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)