[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I read somewhere that we also got important revenue from our champions league campaign, and will probably too from competitions like the super cup and the club world cup, added that in the end we didn't miss out from the next CL's money.

Drogba, Kalou, Bosingwa have left and Malouda is following them shortly (I expect) so that frees up a lot of wage money too. Drogba was earning £100k/pw, Kalou and Bosingwa were earning close to £80k/pw while Malouda's was close to Drogba's figure.

Our new signings aren't earning that much in comparison, Ramires earns about £40k/pw while Mata earns £55k/pw, Cahill earns around £70k/pw. No idea how much Luiz earns though but it shouldn't be too far away from those figures.
Would think Drogba was on more than that.

Think Lampard and Terry were/are on ~£130k per week, so I imagine Drogba was pretty close to that figure.

Yeah, however it makes me smile when they don't have a manager also. What if the new manager doesn't want these players? Sure they're gifted but will they fit into the new system? Also Hazards been told he'll play when he wants etc according to rumours. Sounds abit daft.
What's even more amusing than them not having a manager is that they are probably going to have a squad next season that would have really suited Villas Boas, rather than the squad Villas Boas was given which didn't suit his style of play at all.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Would think Drogba was on more than that.

Think Lampard and Terry were/are on ~£130k per week, so I imagine Drogba was pretty close to that figure.

What's even more amusing than them not having a manager is that they are probably going to have a squad next season that would have really suited Villas Boas, rather than the squad Villas Boas was given which didn't suit his style of play at all.

Actually it was £115k/pw, didn't realize I wrote 100.

Yeah, Villas Boas would have worked wonders with the type of squad we're looking to build. Sacking him though, resulted in us winning the CL so it was worth it in the end.

Seems like Abramovich is hell bent on getting Guardiola now. Not sure how to feel about it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You should feel concerned that Chelsea will waste weeks/months chasing a coach that they can't get this summer.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Actually it was £115k/pw, didn't realize I wrote 100.

Yeah, Villas Boas would have worked wonders with the type of squad we're looking to build. Sacking him though, resulted in us winning the CL so it was worth it in the end.

Seems like Abramovich is hell bent on getting Guardiola now. Not sure how to feel about it.
You should commend Abramovich for going after someone who is perhaps the best coach in the world right now.

I seriously fvcking hope you never get him. Might even stop watching the EPL then, because he's(Pep) probably going to make it as predictable as the Liga was, for a couple of years.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
His track record speaks for itself.

So does his head to head with the top managers.
With the best squad in the world. A real great coach would have gotten at least CL two years in a row. If proves himself somewhere else he could maybe be considered good but otherwise he hasn't proved much coming into the best squad in the world and just changing a few things.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Best squad in the world is arguable, many people would argue that Messi is a choker, and that Pique and D.Alves are overrated, and that Xavi only passes sideways, and that Busquets is an average player, and Valdes is a horrible keeper.

Also, that squad got third place in the Liga, right behind the mighty Villareal, when Pep took over.

Not to mention being outplayed by United and not being able to score a single goal against them, and being beaten by Pool at the Camp Nou, the season before.

Xavi was never in the top 3 players before Pep, neither was Iniesta, Messi never got the best player award before him either. Pique was a nobody at United, he only got to play in meaningless CL matches, and Carling Cup games. Busquets and Pedro never played a single game for the first squad before Pep.

Its easy to attribute Pep's success to a having a good squad, but the difference in the individual performance of players, and the way Barcelona became more compact as a team, became one of the best teams if not the best team in the world in terms of retaining possession high up the field, and in terms of pressuring teams as a unit in their opposition half. Pep made a huge difference to Barcelona's play.

Whether or not he's been the best coach in the world in the past few years is probably debatable, one thing is for sure though, he has at the very least been one of the best coaches in Europe over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)