[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You know very well that both players you mentioned, Guardiola didn't want them. So they're poor examples, i don't know why you're bringing them up.
I brought them up because they are top quality, expensive players, who earn super high wages which serie A teams are now again able to afford. With the gap between the financial power of the EPL and serie A teams becoming smaller and smaller (the new regulations), many star players will again find the serie A top teams as an attractive option, as some already did in the last 2-3 years.
Now it's too early, but in a couple of years you will see that happening in front of your eyes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Overall I agree; they've been by far the best team in the league. But there's no question manu have the experience and confidence, while city don't have the same experience in dealing with the pressure of a title run-in. How many times have Manu caught up with a superior team and won the league?!

Oh, and "demolished pool"?! Did you watch the match? They were excellent for 20 minutes, but in the end they were lucky to leave with a point.
I made a mistake. I mixed between your game against Tottenham(the one were you were demolished :D) and the City game :sergio:
Those poor examples could have said NO and move to the mighty Premier League.
Eto'o went to Inter in a swap move, Barca only wanted to sell to Inter, because Pep really wanted Zlatan.

As for Ibrahimovic, there were no EPL teams that went for him, though admittedly even if there had been, he might have opted for Italy anyway. Because its the league he flourished in the most.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Lol at Tevez being a star. He hasn't played a game for City in ages.

The Liga however is fucking the EPL sideways. I can't see established EPL stars going to Italy though.
So, star status of a player is based on his performance in what, the last 10-15 games?

Guess that's about the only way to call RVP a star :klin:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I brought them up because they are top quality, expensive players, who earn super high wages which serie A teams are now again able to afford. With the gap between the financial power of the EPL and serie A teams becoming smaller and smaller (the new regulations), many star players will again find the serie A top teams as an attractive option, as some already did in the last 2-3 years.
Now it's too early, but in a couple of years you will see that happening in front of your eyes.
You're underestimating English teams ability to spend. They are nowhere near the likes of Barcelona and Madrid, but if you really look at the numbers you'd see that the likes of City, United and to a lesser extent Chelsea still pay much more superior wages than the Italian teams. So while they aren't as likely to splash out for big money signings, they're still paying very high salaries. United recently gave Rooney a much improved contract for example.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
So, star status of a player is based on his performance in what, the last 10-15 games?

Guess that's about the only way to call RVP a star :klin:
Context Ac Milan. Context.

I rate Tevez very highly, even higher than Van Persie mind you.

But like i said, go look at the context of the post. Don't believe i have to explain this. Alen was saying that Serie A will start buying EPL stars, implying that Serie A teams will be able to attract established star players from the top EPL sides. To prove his point, he brought up Tevez as an example. I responded by telling him that Tevez doesn't play anymore for City and that he's unwanted. Therefore he is not a good example of Serie A teams being able to attract EPL stars.

I am in no way doubting Tevez's ability.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Context Ac Milan. Context.

I rate Tevez very highly, even higher than Van Persie mind you.

But like i said, go look at the context of the post. Don't believe i have to explain this. Alen was saying that Serie A will start buying EPL stars, implying that Serie A teams will be able to attract established star players from the top EPL sides. To prove his point, he brought up Tevez as an example. I responded by telling him that Tevez doesn't play anymore for City and that he's unwanted. Therefore he is not a good example of Serie A teams being able to attract EPL stars.

I am in no way doubting Tevez's ability.
How many stars are there in the EPL who would be wanted by Spanish or italian teams, to begin with - Tevez, Vidic, Aguero, Silva, maybe Balotelli. The rest are hyped up, overvalued players of local importance or busted transfers ... many of them are English players, who'd stay in the EPL anyway - it's not like many of them have left that league for Italy, Spain, etc over the years.

anyways, I saw the context but the fact is Tevez is still a star, which you conveniently denied, and a very expensive transfer, at least till Man City didn't f that up, and wants out of there. That was my point, never touched Alen's "exodus to Italy" claims in the first place.

btw, my offer from the EPL betting event is still on the table :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You're underestimating English teams ability to spend. They are nowhere near the likes of Barcelona and Madrid, but if you really look at the numbers you'd see that the likes of City, United and to a lesser extent Chelsea still pay much more superior wages than the Italian teams. So while they aren't as likely to splash out for big money signings, they're still paying very high salaries. United recently gave Rooney a much improved contract for example.
Actually, the EPL teams and some Italian teams are paying more for wages than Madrid and Barcelona. The taxes are the reason for such an unbelievable fact.
In any case, I wasn't underestimating their ability to spend more than the others last year, this year or next year. I'm telling you that serie A teams will do the same.
Milan are already on whooping 160m eur per season for wages. Only City and Chelsea are paying more than that and Chelsea are paying just a little bit more than Milan. Liverpool reduced the wage bill by 35m eur this year. United and Arsenal are also paying less than in the last years. United pay as much as Inter does for wages. Arsenal pay as much as Juve does. Only City are breaking the bank. All the others are paying less than they used to. Actually, I believe they are also not spending as much on transfer fees as they used to, if we exclude the Torres related transfers.
I see with the EPL the same things I witnessed with serie A before Calciopoli. The scandal only speed up the process, but it was a process that already started before Calciopoli, when Juve lost Zidane and then players like Ronaldo, Shevchenko etc left the league. Some teams occasionally shined and won the CL, but overall the league was becoming weaker and weaker financially.

Barca and Real are stealing the show from the EPL and it will result with the league becoming weaker.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
How many stars are there in the EPL who would be wanted by Spanish or italian teams, to begin with - Tevez, Vidic, Aguero, Silva, maybe Balotelli. The rest are hyped up, overvalued players of local importance or busted transfers ... many of them are English players, who'd stay in the EPL anyway - it's not like many of them have left that league for Italy, Spain, etc over the years.

anyways, I saw the context but the fact is Tevez is still a star, which you conveniently denied, and a very expensive transfer, at least till Man City didn't f that up, and wants out of there. That was my point, never touched Alen's "exodus to Italy" claims in the first place.

I like that attitude. :tup:

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010

The ones you said plus, Mata, Suarez, Van Persie, Yaya, Nani, Modric, Van der Vaart to a lesser extent.

All of them plus the ones you said would start in almost if not every italian team.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
except for Nani and possibly RVP, those fall in the "overvalued" players category - just because EPL teams would pay 40+ mil a pop for those guys (in-league transfers) and give them 10 mil/year (in City's case, at least), that doesn't make them stars. Nasri belongs in that group too.

And there just as many players in Italy who would start for English teams too ... and the same goes for players from other leagues ... it's a rather stretchy argument, in the first place, me thinks.

Sep 1, 2002
This season is just an expected development of what started some seasons ago. The moment the EPL started losing its main stars to La Liga, it was clear that things will develop the way they're developing right now. It will get even worse for them.

P.S: Wait 2-3 years and watch how Milan, Inter and Juve start buying EPL star players. EPL's cycle is over.
On second thought...watch how it will start this winter with Tevez :p
Hard to see how the economic situation in Italy is going to make that come true. I hope Juve manage it somehow. I doubt the cycle is over now that City have arrived.

He just called you fat dude

Not really: Don't try to stir trouble.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Just look how English media and clubs are sniffing at Cavani and Hamsik.
I have a feeling one of City, Spurs or Chelsea are going to get raped hard by Napoli.
The English pundits speak about those two players as though it's a foregone conclusion they'll be playing in the premiership, typical British arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)