[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
While it's still on topic :D

It's the first day of the new school year and the teacher is asking the kids what their parents do.
The first one says: "My dad's a lawyer. His job is to make sure that the prosecution have a good case in court."
The second one says: "My dad's a doctor. His job is to make sure people who are ill get better."
The third one says: "My dad's a male prostitute in a gay nightclub."
The teacher takes the kid outside and asks him if this is true. The kid replies, "No miss, it isn't. He plays for Arsenal, but I was too embarrassed to say."

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lukaku, Mata, Romeu, Meireles :tup: while keeping what he had. Can't say i'm disappointed.

Would've loved to have signed Modric but alas we didn't.
Not bad at all, i think the Meireles signing saved your mercato. You really needed an attacking CM in there, i think he's a very good signing, was one of the best midfielders in the EPL last season. Stupid move by Pool to sell him imo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
More like retarded :) But really Fred, Arteta...? Eww.
The guy is injury prone and with our record in injuries he'll probably miss half the season. He's a decent player when fit though, but i would have preferred someone like Gotze, apparently that was impossible, my second choice would have been Marvin Martin. Arteta if he stays fit would add EPL experience, so i won't say it's a bad signing.

Very very silly by Pool. How do you rate our mercato Fred?
Well you made a lot of signings, but it was a case of quantity over quality. I do think that you improved the team though. Licht for example is a definite upgrade over the RB's you had in the past few years. Elia, while being inconsistent, lacking end product and too much of a show pony, he's still a much better option to have on the left than Pepe. I don't know much about the Paraguayan dude, but he looked decent in the Copa America. Pirlo could be a hit and miss signing i think, while Vidal is obviously a good signing. I personally rate Vucinic, at his best the guy can be devastating, but he needs to iron out his inconsistency. Pirlo, Vucinic and Vidal are imo good signings. All in all its a decent mercato, i think its definitely good enough to propel your team to 3rd.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Well you made a lot of signings, but it was a case of quantity over quality. I do think that you improved the team though. Licht for example is a definite upgrade over the RB's you had in the past few years. Elia, while being inconsistent, lacking end product and too much of a show pony, he's still a much better option to have on the left than Pepe. I don't know much about the Paraguayan dude, but he looked decent in the Copa America. Pirlo could be a hit and miss signing i think, while Vidal is obviously a good signing. I personally rate Vucinic, at his best the guy can be devastating, but he needs to iron out his inconsistency. Pirlo, Vucinic and Vidal are imo good signings. All in all its a decent mercato, i think its definitely good enough to propel your team to 3rd.
While I agree that this team is worth 3rd spot, the real question mark is Antonio Conte as coach. I wouldn't say he's impressed me at pre-season, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)