[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wiki says Meireles went for £12 million.

I think Arsenal looks quite weak with those transfers. Arteta, seriously?

Chelsea looks stronger but they don't look as hard to beat as before. I think Villas Boas doesn't have players that fit his style. So I think Manchester United is stronger at this point, maybe even City.

Thanks Melo :tup:

EDIT: Gabriel too :)
Dusan, if you Google 'list of English football transfers summer 2011' it will throw up a wikipedia link showing them all, also works with other countries.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
No offense Fred.

But the fact that Arsenal had to loan Benny on the last transfer day and replaced Fabregas with a 29 year old Arteta (who was handed a 4yr contract iirc) shows that the team has 0 ambition. Not to mention Park's transfer.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
No offense Fred.

But the fact that Arsenal had to loan Benny on the last transfer day and replaced Fabregas with a 29 year old Arteta (who was handed a 4yr contract iirc) shows that the team has 0 ambition. Not to mention Park's transfer.
Fred knows that but a lot of people underestimate Arteta, the guy is really classy. He should do a fine job of bossing the midfield provided he has adequate cover.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I don't think it shows a lack of ambition. They plugged a hole at the last minute, and he'll do damned well for them for a season or two. I'm not sure he's a worse player than Carrick from what I've seen of him. Sucks for Everton though - now there's a team who've run out of ambition.

I understand the problem at Arsenal is that whatever about transfer fees, the board aren't willing to adjust the wage structure to be competitive for the top players. Wenger is fighting them on it, but won't say a word to the press. If he loses, Arsenal are finished as a top four club. Nervous times for Fred and Arsenal fans.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tom Cruise, what the fuck? :lol2:
Too bad he didn't make it. Would have preferred him over Gibbs and Traore just because of his name :D

He's a left back.

No offense Fred.

We always had zero ambition when it comes to the transfer market. If only we had made those signings last summer, it would have actually been a very good mercato. Maybe Nasri would have still been with us until now.

Fred knows that but a lot of people underestimate Arteta, the guy is really classy. He should do a fine job of bossing the midfield provided he has adequate cover.
I rate him, the guy is quality. But like so many people have said before me, the biggest concern is his injury record, players who never get injured in their lives come to Arsenal and become injury prone. God knows how long it will be before Arteta starts having those annoying niggling injuries.

I don't think it shows a lack of ambition. They plugged a hole at the last minute, and he'll do damned well for them for a season or two. I'm not sure he's a worse player than Carrick from what I've seen of him. Sucks for Everton though - now there's a team who've run out of ambition.

I understand the problem at Arsenal is that whatever about transfer fees, the board aren't willing to adjust the wage structure to be competitive for the top players. Wenger is fighting them on it, but won't say a word to the press. If he loses, Arsenal are finished as a top four club. Nervous times for Fred and Arsenal fans.
The board are cheapskates that are ruining the club. Wenger isn't really helping matters though, when he spends all that money on getting us Oxlaide Chamberlain, Joel Campbell and Carl Jenkinson, instead of getting one good quality player in the 15-20M range. Wenger is just as guilty as the board in all of this.

:lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eden Hazard!! :mad:

I'd pay over the odds for him. Give Lille an offer they can't refuse. He'll definitely be worth it. Bring Marvin Martin too, Sissoko has stagnated, Toulouse are ruining him, but i'd still take him. Sakho would be amazing, Trem i'm not so sure about, the guy can't really defend.

Jul 15, 2006
Eden Hazard!! :mad:

I'd pay over the odds for him. Give Lille an offer they can't refuse. He'll definitely be worth it. Bring Marvin Martin too, Sissoko has stagnated, Toulouse are ruining him, but i'd still take him. Sakho would be amazing, Trem i'm not so sure about, the guy can't really defend.
Stopped reading after Eden Hazard. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)