[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Not bad at all, i think the Meireles signing saved your mercato. You really needed an attacking CM in there, i think he's a very good signing, was one of the best midfielders in the EPL last season. Stupid move by Pool to sell him imo.
Very very silly by Pool. How do you rate our mercato Fred?
Hard to keep a player when they throw in a transfer request. It is quite annoying that we keep losing out best players to Chelsea.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hard to not throw a transfer request when you were the best player last year and you find yourself in the bench because some overrated english players.
He was on the bench because of injury. He left because he wanted to be paid more. The previous owner made some sort of promise that he could have a raise after the first season.

But I agree, if Raul is fit he should play over Adam and Henderson. We'll just have to hope that Stevie G comes back on time.

Though it does make me wonder how many games he'll actually get at Chelsea.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I think he'll be a starter over Mikel and next to Ramirez and Lampard. Chelsea sooner or later when Torres find his form will start playing 4-3-3. A midfield of Raul, Ramirez, Lampard is not bad.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Essien's out for the first half of the season, though, I think, so they can have a look at the other options before he gets fit.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Essien's out for the first half of the season, though, I think, so they can have a look at the other options before he gets fit.
I know this. I was just thinking "down the road". The way I see it is Meireles eventually takes Ramires' spot on the right of the midfield trio. Though I think there will be some rotation at first.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I love Essien but his constant injuries are annoying. I mean the guy is one of the best midfielders in Europe when on his game, sadly that hasn't been the case in forever. If we get a 20+m offer for him we should sell imo.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,995
    Can you guys fill me in with PL transfers? :nerd: I have no idea who bought who.

I'd like to know about Chelsea and Arsenal. I know about Liverpool.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Can you guys fill me in with PL transfers? :nerd: I have no idea who bought who.

I'd like to know about Chelsea and Arsenal. I know about Liverpool.
    Arsenal:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton, £11m), Gervinho (Lille £10.7m), Chu Young Park (Monaco, £3m), Carl Jenkinson (Charlton, £1m), Joel Campbell (Deportivo Sarpissa,undisclosed), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen, undisclosed), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce, £6.2m), Yossi Benayoun (Chelsea, loan), Mikel Arteta (Everton, £10m).

Chelsea:
    Juan Mata (Valencia, £29m), Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht, £20m), Thibaud Courtois (Genk, £5m), Oriol Romeu (Barcelona, £4.4m), Lucas Piazon (Sao Paulo, undisclosed), Ulises
    Davila (Chivas Guadalajara, undisclosed), Raul Meireles (Liverpool, undisclosed)

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    We got Mata, Meireles, Lukaku, Romeu, Piazón, Courtouis (sp?) and that mexican kid Davila, the latter two were loaned out to Atletico Madrid and Vitesse respectively.

Arsenal got Mertesacker, Arteta, Gervinho, Chamberlain, Benayoun (loan), Park Chu Young and André Santos as far as i remember.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,998
    Wiki says Meireles went for £12 million.

I think Arsenal looks quite weak with those transfers. Arteta, seriously?

Chelsea looks stronger but they don't look as hard to beat as before. I think Villas Boas doesn't have players that fit his style. So I think Manchester United is stronger at this point, maybe even City.

Thanks Melo :tup:

EDIT: Gabriel too :)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    These went out btw:

Arsenal:
    Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona, £35m), Samir Nasri (Manchester City, £24m), Gael Clichy (Manchester City, £7m), Emmanuel Eboue (Galatasaray, £3m), Armand Traore (QPR, undisclosed), Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (Ipswich, undisclosed), Mark Randall (Chesterfield, free), Tom Cruise (released), Denilson (Sao Paulo, loan), Wellington (Levante, loan), Carlos Vela (Real Sociedad, loan), Pedro Botelho (Rayo Vallecano, loan), Henri Lansbury (West Ham, loan), Joel Campbell (Lorient, loan), Nicklas Bendtner (Sunderland, loan).

Chelsea:
    Michael Mancienne (Hamburg, £3m), Slobodan Rajkovic (Hamburg, £1.8m), Yury Zhirkov (Anzhi, undisclosed), Nemanja Matic (Benfica, undisclosed), Fabio Borini (Parma, undisclosed), Michael Woods (released), Thibaud Courtois (Atletico Madrid, loan), Jeffrey Bruma (Hamburg, loan), Ulises Davila (Vitesse Arnhem, loan), Patrick van Aanholt (Wigan, loan), Gael Kakuta (Bolton, loan), Yossi Benayoun (Arsenal, loan).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)