[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Reading Liverpool forums and the consensus seems to be 70% of the fans are in complete shock that the owners who sacked two very popular managers of their baseball team for underperforming (Terry Francona won 2 World Series and was sacked last season for not making the playoffs) would sack Liverpool's very popular manager for underperforming. :lol:

The rest of us get it.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 13:49 ----------

Bob Bradley 28/1.:shocked:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hmmm. Well, as much as I agree with the Dalglish decision, I'm not sure taking that approach really works for football. You need consistency.
I agree. However, in baseball it's more of a systematic thing. Your GM is far more important to the consistency of the club. Managers just manage.

And those guys were sacked several years apart. The Grady Little in 2004 a season after John W initially bought the club and Francona last off-season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
A side issue. 25 years ago today Coventry City won the FA Cup, an unlikely victory against a Tottenham Hotspur side containing Clive Allen (scored 50 goals that season), Glenn Hoddle, Chris Waddle, Ossie Ardiles and Ray Clemence, amongst others.

Now they are languishing in League 1, thanks to a faceless Finnish hedge fund bunch of crooks, swindlers and jokers. Everyone at SISU, die a painful death.

---------A--LITTLE--STORY----------​

Side issue two. A little story about when my dad and uncle were coming back from the cup final. My uncle had a sky blue Ford Cortina, and he was going to sell it earlier in the year but as the cup run progressed he kept hold of it, and eventually ended up driving it to Wembley Stadium. When they turned up Wembley was actually closed, they were too early. Obviously this was the 80s and it was common to be completely shitfaced, so that's what they got to doing for the next 5 hours.

No one gave Coventry a cat in Hell's chance of getting anything from the game. The idea was to keep it tight for the first 20. Spurs scored after 2 minutes. Eventually Coventry came back to win the game after ET with a deflected goal.

Anyway, by the end of the game they had sobered up, probably from excitement. Walking out of Wembley it was obviously like walking on the clouds, Arsenal fans were running up and shaking their hands. Stuff I will never see in this context.

On the drive home (a bit more lax in those days :shifty:) they noticed they were being hounded by a group of lads in another car. They were not far from leaving London and had to stop at some lights. This car pulled up alongside them at the lights, the front side window wound down and the guy shouted 'oi, lads', they turned around and a sawed-off shotgun was being pointed at them through the window. Needless to say they shit themselves and ducked for cover in the car. At this point the lights changed and the other car sped off with a car full of blokes laughing their asses off. I think the rest of the weekend was a blur.

I don't think I'll ever get to experience a day like that with my hometown club in my lifetime. I just have to be thankful that my old man had good taste and I've been able to understand what Juventus is from an early age.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
A side issue. 25 years ago today Coventry City won the FA Cup, an unlikely victory against a Tottenham Hotspur side containing Clive Allen (scored 50 goals that season), Glenn Hoddle, Chris Waddle, Ossie Ardiles and Ray Clemence, amongst others.

Now they are languishing in League 1, thanks to a faceless Finnish hedge fund bunch of crooks, swindlers and jokers. Everyone at SISU, die a painful death.

---------A--LITTLE--STORY----------​

Side issue two. A little story about when my dad and uncle were coming back from the cup final. My uncle had a sky blue Ford Cortina, and he was going to sell it earlier in the year but as the cup run progressed he kept hold of it, and eventually ended up driving it to Wembley Stadium. When they turned up Wembley was actually closed, they were too early. Obviously this was the 80s and it was common to be completely shitfaced, so that's what they got to doing for the next 5 hours.

No one gave Coventry a cat in Hell's chance of getting anything from the game. The idea was to keep it tight for the first 20. Spurs scored after 2 minutes. Eventually Coventry came back to win the game after ET with a deflected goal.

Anyway, by the end of the game they had sobered up, probably from excitement. Walking out of Wembley it was obviously like walking on the clouds, Arsenal fans were running up and shaking their hands. Stuff I will never see in this context.

On the drive home (a bit more lax in those days :shifty:) they noticed they were being hounded by a group of lads in another car. They were not far from leaving London and had to stop at some lights. This car pulled up alongside them at the lights, the front side window wound down and the guy shouted 'oi, lads', they turned around and a sawed-off shotgun was being pointed at them through the window. Needless to say they shit themselves and ducked for cover in the car. At this point the lights changed and the other car sped off with a car full of blokes laughing their asses off. I think the rest of the weekend was a blur.

I don't think I'll ever get to experience a day like that with my hometown club in my lifetime. I just have to be thankful that my old man had good taste and I've been able to understand what Juventus is from an early age.

:D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
"Mutual consent", they're letting him step down. But it's still a sacking.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 13:29 ----------

I don't have a clue who the club will hire. We might find out soon as there is an announcement coming up.

My shortlist would be Klopp, Deschamps, Villas-Boas, Lucien Favre, and Roberto Martinez.
I'd love to see Deschamps with a proper club, the man deserves it.

Sucks for Kenny though, at least he left having won something.

Nedvěd

Liverpool better stay away from my Roberto. :(

Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool and Roberto back to Swansea would make me a happy man.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
lol preet will be saddened by this news,

yeah i was going to say Brendan Rodgers would be the best choice for them, im not really a fan of martinez tbh he just seems too much of a 'nice' guy to ever do well at a big club

Nedvěd

lol preet will be saddened by this news,

yeah i was going to say Brendan Rodgers would be the best choice for them, im not really a fan of martinez tbh
Why not? The guy is amazing, a real gent and a scholar. He knows how to get the best out of his players, he raises his team to the occasion and has shown the ability to play brilliant football.
His signings have been a hit and miss, but he's the same guy who signed Moses and Beausejour (Who can be considered one of the best signings of the season)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nedvěd;3674296 said:
Why not? The guy is amazing, a real gent and a scholar. He knows how to get the best out of his players, he raises his team to the occasion and has shown the ability to play brilliant football.
His signings have been a hit and miss, but he's the same guy who signed Moses and Beausejour (Who can be considered one of the best signings of the season)
well lets be honest here Wigan have been flirting with relegation for quite a few years now and its not like Wigan have really progressed under his guidance, he lacks a ruthless edge to be coaching a team of liverpool's stature its only the last month or two Wigan decided that their season started and went on an impressive streak. But he is by no means liverpool's answer

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
well lets be honest here Wigan have been flirting with relegation for quite a few years now and its not like Wigan have really progressed under his guidance, he lacks a ruthless edge to be coaching a team of liverpool's stature its only the last month or two Wigan decided that their season started and went on an impressive streak. But he is by no means liverpool's answer
:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)