[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedvěd

The trashing of QPR? Beating Napoli 4-1? Beating Valencia 3-0? Even the 3-3 match against your boys was entertaining.
Valencia and the 3-3 were under AVB, which is a different story. The 4-1 against Napoli was a great game, and a great performance, but you didn't exactly play breathtaking football.

Look at Bayern against Real, or BVB against Bayern in the cup final, or City against us 6-1, that's great breathtaking football, pass after pass, dribbling and skills.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Nedvěd;3680038 said:
Valencia and the 3-3 were under AVB, which is a different story. The 4-1 against Napoli was a great game, and a great performance, but you didn't exactly play breathtaking football.

Look at Bayern against Real, or BVB against Bayern in the cup final, or City against us 6-1, that's great breathtaking football, pass after pass, dribbling and skills.
But you said "a game worth watching" not "a game where they play great football".

This CL we played several games that could be classified as "classic" or "epic" for a number of reasons and were definitely worth watching. :p

The trashing of spurs in the FA semifinal was great too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Who cares, he got the CL, the trophy wenger never could :p
Benitez got the CL as well, consistency is what matters.

but i'll go with that logic, he won 2 trophies with Chelsea in 4 months, including a CL. Now, tell me why Pep isn't better than Mourinho again? :p

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Because Pep has always had a world class team at his disposal, with established players and world class talents like Messi.

Mourinho won a CL with friggin Porto. :p

And to be fair, I actually rate Benitez.the guy won a Spanish league with Valencia and took them to a CL final which they lost on PK's, then took Liverpool to two finals and lost one while managing a not so strong team on paper when compared to other top teams at the time.

His spell at Inter had disaster written all over it and he's been pretty hit and miss with his signings but I think he's good despite all this.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Because Pep has always had a world class team at his disposal, with established players and world class talents like Messi.

Mourinho won a CL with friggin Porto. :p

And to be fair, I actually rate Benitez.the guy won a Spanish league with Valencia and took them to a CL final which they lost on PK's, then took Liverpool to two finals and lost one while managing a not so strong team on paper when compared to other top teams at the time.

His spell at Inter had disaster written all over it and he's been pretty hit and miss with his signings but I think he's good despite all this.
A world class team that finished in 3rd place in the Liga behind the world class Villareal just before Pep joined.

Even when you compare between Wenger and DM now, its not like Wenger has better players at his disposal. Especially in terms of depth, i'd much rather have Torres as my backup striker than Chamakh, i sure as hell would rather have Essien as my backup DM over Coquelin, Meireles is better than Ramsey, Kalou and Sturridge are much better backups than Benayoun. Bosingwa >> Jenkinson and D.Luiz >> Djourou, Squillachi and co.

Even in terms of starters, you have a better team.

Lampard >> Rosicky

Mata, Ramires >> Walcott and Gervinho

Terry > Vermaelen

Cahill >> Koscielny

A.Cole >>> Gibbs/Santos

Wenger has had an inferior squad to Chelsea's for some time. So if your going to bring up Pep having a very good squad, then you can say the same when you compare DM's achievements to Wenger;s

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Don't be silly. Caceres did exactly the same thing to Conte after we won the scudetto, and we thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Gray, you're asking members of Juventuz not to be hypocritical. Do you really think that will work? :D

Edit: not directed specifically against halabalabalubabalabalalulu, more of a general remark ;)

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
A world class team that finished in 3rd place in the Liga behind the world class Villareal just before Pep joined.

Even when you compare between Wenger and DM now, its not like Wenger has better players at his disposal. Especially in terms of depth, i'd much rather have Torres as my backup striker than Chamakh, i sure as hell would rather have Essien as my backup DM over Coquelin, Meireles is better than Ramsey, Kalou and Sturridge are much better backups than Benayoun. Bosingwa >> Jenkinson and D.Luiz >> Djourou, Squillachi and co.

Even in terms of starters, you have a better team.

Lampard >> Rosicky

Mata, Ramires >> Walcott and Gervinho

Terry > Vermaelen

Cahill >> Koscielny

A.Cole >>> Gibbs/Santos

Wenger has had an inferior squad to Chelsea's for some time. So if your going to bring up Pep having a very good squad, then you can say the same when you compare DM's achievements to Wenger;s
Pep is a great motivator I give you that, those players were obviously low on confidence and Pep gave them the push. Pep didn't buy much players when he got there, he just got rid of the rotten apples (Ronaldinho) and installed a winning mentality.

That doesn't mean he's better than Mourinho who's capable of doing the same and is superior when it comes to tactical preparation of games.

Pep isn't really good in transfers, which makes you assume that a) he doesn't know what his teams need or b) he can't judge players properly and according to his team's play.

Arsenal's squad is cack I know :D, ours is underachieving as fuck and it's too old now. of those you mentioned, Terry, Lampard and Cole have two seasons more, tops. Then they're gone. The fact that they're not able to maintain top form during the course of a whole season anymore goes without saying.

And you forgot Čech >> Chezny :stuckup:

Btw, how do you feel about feeling RVP? I think you should do it, not because I'm a Chelsea fan but because I think he won't be able to replicate this season he just had, is extremely injury prone and nearly 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)