[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lauren was awful lets face it,but to be honest m8 I fail to see where you're going with this?.
While i was never his biggest fan, he was voted the best rightback in the league 4 times, so he can't have been that bad.

Where i'm going with this? I'm saying it didn't do Man Utd any harm, it didn't do Aston Villa any harm, maybe this Usmanov fella isn't that bad. I'm just saying we should explore all our options.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
While i was never his biggest fan, he was voted the best rightback in the league 4 times, so he can't have been that bad.

Where i'm going with this? I'm saying it didn't do Man Utd any harm, it didn't do Aston Villa any harm, maybe this Usmanov fella isn't that bad. I'm just saying we should explore all our options.
Aha I never said a foreign take-over was bad for you guys but for you to say the board hasen't backed Wenger is very obsurd m8,like I said before though lets hope Foreign don't pull out of the Premiership when they get bored of loosing so much money,its another Italy in the making everyone can see it.

Sep 1, 2002

Sounds like desperation. What happened to the Arsenal bull dog spirit?

Wenger, comes out and crowns United title winners today: it's February!

5 years ago it would never have happened, and what do the fans do, they roll out the carpet to the first rich suitor that comes along.

Go on you gunners!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Aha I never said a foreign take-over was bad for you guys but for you to say the board hasen't backed Wenger is very obsurd m8,like I said before though lets hope Foreign don't pull out of the Premiership when they get bored of loosing so much money,its another Italy in the making everyone can see it.
Well they've supported Arsene in every way, that i do not deny. Except financially(in terms of transfer budget, wage budget etc.).

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Sounds like desperation. What happened to the Arsenal bull dog spirit?

Wenger, comes out and crowns United title winners today: it's February!

5 years ago it would never have happened, and what do the fans do, they roll out the carpet to the first rich suitor that comes along.

Go on you gunners!
Shame its the mentality of most English Team nowadays,even the lower divisions are turning to foreign owners,sickening really.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Well they've supported Arsenal in every way, that i do not deny. Except financially(in terms of transfer budget, wage budget etc.).
They have protected you're hertitage shall we say,but these days it about whoreing yourself around foreign countries for more money to build elite squads.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Juve Red,

To be completely honest, i was one of the biggest opposers to this Usmanov fella. I never thought he was sincere, and i still think its a pile of crap that he's a lifelong fan. But really after the past few years, when you come to think of it, this board has been one of the reasons for our downfall, i'm sick and fucking tired of them not providing the necessary funds. Because lets be honest, we aren't going to compete with the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea if we don't spend money and invest in proper players.

Now just of the top of my head, the players we sold over the past few years; Henry, Vieira, Cole, Hleb, Reyes etc have approximately brought us 70-80 Million. Now the players we bought ; Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, Sagna etc. I doubt those players cost us above 80M. So basically when you think of it, we haven't spent a penny on transfers the past few years. Now i know we built a new stadium and we have our debts. But i somehow doubt that the debts from the stadium could possibly cause us to not have a transfer budget without selling players(because thats whats been happening).

Now in a nutshell, the point i'm trying to make is, how bad can this fat fuck Usmanov be. He really can't do much worse than the current board (unless he does an Abramovic :scared:).

How much worse can someone be doesn't tend to be a good argument for doing anything.

I think Arsenal's finances are pretty solid and I think that there is more money available for transfer fees and wages than Wenger is choosing to use.

However, if it is the case that the Board is not making much cash available, that situation is likely to change in the next couple of years as Arsenal really start to reap the benefits of the new stadium.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
How much worse can someone be doesn't tend to be a good argument for doing anything.

I think Arsenal's finances are pretty solid and I think that there is more money available for transfer fees and wages than Wenger is choosing to use.

However, if it is the case that the Board is not making much cash available, that situation is likely to change in the next couple of years as Arsenal really start to reap the benefits of the new stadium.
tell me about it:lol:

pieman out-romanov in

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
no, actually, unsurpirising. he needs to be nursed back to health,slowly with a cameo here and there.
if Arsenal really want to see the best of him he should not play 90 minutes until NEXT season and he has a full pre-season under his belt

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well he's been away for a whole year, he's obviously still a bit rusty. I think he'll be back for the second leg against Roma, we're going to need him for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)