[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Opinions on Everton?

Despite a shocking start (2 wins in 12...) and a fair share of injuries (Yakubu out all season was a nightmare), we seem to have pulled our act together and the future is looking good. Though we have no money at all, we have a fair few of promising youngsters - Fellaini, Rodwell, Baxter, Gosling to name a few.
tbh i think Yakubu's injury was a blessing in disguise, he is far too predictable in his play and i feel you have a better balance without him

Feb 20, 2009
tbh i think Yakubu's injury was a blessing in disguise, he is far too predictable in his play and i feel you have a better balance without him
I see what you are saying but I disagree.

Only Thierry Henry has scored more Premiership goals than Yakubu in the past 5/6 years and only Michael Owen has scored more in terms of who is currently still playing in the Prem. It wont be long before Yakubu goes past him...

He scored 21 times for us last season - any team, especially Everton are going to miss that.

With that in mind, if he is predictable - it works! lol

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Opinions on Everton?

Despite a shocking start (2 wins in 12...) and a fair share of injuries (Yakubu out all season was a nightmare), we seem to have pulled our act together and the future is looking good. Though we have no money at all, we have a fair few of promising youngsters - Fellaini, Rodwell, Baxter, Gosling to name a few.
Please tell me that isn't a Duncan Ferguson avatar.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Opinions on Everton?

You've got quite a solid team there. Out of the top 4, Everton have probably been the most consistent team in England. I believe this squad is the best you've had in a long time.

The best thing Moyes has done this season is playing Arteta in central midfield. I believe that gave you better ball retention and distribution.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Benitez has announced that Gerrard won't be in the squad to play Man Shitty.

Doing the sensible thing and not gambling on his fitness until it is necessary.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I see what you are saying but I disagree.

Only Thierry Henry has scored more Premiership goals than Yakubu in the past 5/6 years and only Michael Owen has scored more in terms of who is currently still playing in the Prem. It wont be long before Yakubu goes past him...

He scored 21 times for us last season - any team, especially Everton are going to miss that.

With that in mind, if he is predictable - it works! lol
oh i am not doubting the mans talent but there an an over-reliance on his goals getting you out of trouble before. now you are using the ball better and playing a lot better football rather than relying on Yakubu sneaking you a goal

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
When Yakubu and Saha are back. Moyes will have a selection headache on his hands. Jo, Yakubu, Saha and possibly Cahill(he's done admirably well in his new role as a striker). playing for one position upfront. And then Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta, Phil Neville for 3 positions in central midfield(one being behind the striker).

Feb 20, 2009
You've got quite a solid team there. Out of the top 4, Everton have probably been the most consistent team in England. I believe this squad is the best you've had in a long time.

The best thing Moyes has done this season is playing Arteta in central midfield. I believe that gave you better ball retention and distribution.
Definitely.

When Yakubu and Saha are back. Moyes will have a selection headache on his hands. Jo, Yakubu, Saha and possibly Cahill(he's done admirably well in his new role as a striker). playing for one position upfront. And then Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta, Phil Neville for 3 positions in central midfield(one being behind the striker).
Yeah. Will be interesting to see who Moyes would opt for when Yakubu and Saha are back. Jo could not be here though when Yakubus back, depends if we keep him.

In terms of central midfield, I would rule Neville out of it. Would suspect he would drop back to right back :xfinger:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont see the reason of having money troubles months after you overpay so surely for Fellaini with 19m euros. Thought that was from a team who had money to spare. Fellaini is good ofcourse, but defenitely could have negotiated it down, or got cheaper quality, couple of quality players even.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I dont see the reason of having money troubles months after you overpay so surely for Fellaini with 19m euros. Thought that was from a team who had money to spare. Fellaini is good ofcourse, but defenitely could have negotiated it down, or got cheaper quality, couple of quality players even.
They did sell Andy Johnson to Fulham for 12 million pounds prior to making the purchase.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That was a great piece of business. No way the average Any Johnson deserved that sum.
And they did it so early on it inflated the domestic striker market. So they killed two birds with one stone basically. I wish we did business like that. Voronin to Man City for 35 mil? :eyebrows:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He'll probably just rock a 4-4-2 with Kuyt and Torres up top, and Xabi and Masch in the center of midfield. Liverpool ought to win as it's at home. And remember Liverpool performed better without Gerrard than they did without Torres. Especially at home (ie Man United).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)