[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I checked, he's Uzbekistani, but lives in Russia. His last name is not a typical russian one, it's the kind of surname that the islamic turkic people in the ex-USSR had, that's why i said that his name doesn't sound Russian.

It doesn't matter. What matters is that after Chelsea and Portsmouth, we'll get the third ex-Soviet guy in the EPL. (Or are there more?)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Team - Owners

Man Utd - American
Liverpool - American
Aston Villa - American
Chelsea - Russian
Arsenal - English (but others gaining shares)
Everton - English (wants to sell)
Wigan - English
West Ham - Icelandic
Man City - Arab
Fulham - Arab
Sunderland - Irish
Hull - English
Newcastle - English (wants to sell)
Bolton - English
Portsmouth - Russian
Tottenham - English
Stoke - English
Blackburn - English
Middlesbrough - English
West Brom - English

An American top three in the EPL just now.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Team - Owners

Man Utd - American
Liverpool - American
Aston Villa - American
Chelsea - Russian
Arsenal - English (but others gaining shares)
Everton - English (wants to sell)
Wigan - English
West Ham - Icelandic
Man City - Arab
Fulham - Arab
Sunderland - Irish
Hull - English
Newcastle - English (wants to sell)
Bolton - English
Portsmouth - Russian
Tottenham - English
Stoke - English
Blackburn - English
Middlesbrough - English
West Brom - English

An American top three in the EPL just now.
That's cool, spread that wealth

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Juve Red,

To be completely honest, i was one of the biggest opposers to this Usmanov fella. I never thought he was sincere, and i still think its a pile of crap that he's a lifelong fan. But really after the past few years, when you come to think of it, this board has been one of the reasons for our downfall, i'm sick and fucking tired of them not providing the necessary funds. Because lets be honest, we aren't going to compete with the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea if we don't spend money and invest in proper players.

Now just of the top of my head, the players we sold over the past few years; Henry, Vieira, Cole, Hleb, Reyes etc have approximately brought us 70-80 Million. Now the players we bought ; Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, Sagna etc. I doubt those players cost us above 80M. So basically when you think of it, we haven't spent a penny on transfers the past few years. Now i know we built a new stadium and we have our debts. But i somehow doubt that the debts from the stadium could possibly cause us to not have a transfer budget without selling players(because thats whats been happening).

Now in a nutshell, the point i'm trying to make is, how bad can this fat fuck Usmanov be. He really can't do much worse than the current board (unless he does an Abramovic :scared:).

Sep 1, 2002
Arsenal fans are a dull lot, not know for making a fuss.

A couple if banners, and three balding wannabe teenagers protesting outside "Highbury," is about as roudy as it'll get.
@Juve Red,

To be completely honest, i was one of the biggest opposers to this Usmanov fella. I never thought he was sincere, and i still think its a pile of crap that he's a lifelong fan. But really after the past few years, when you come to think of it, this board has been one of the reasons for our downfall, i'm sick and fucking tired of them not providing the necessary funds. Because lets be honest, we aren't going to compete with the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea if we don't spend money and invest in proper players.

Now just of the top of my head, the players we sold over the past few years; Henry, Vieira, Cole, Hleb, Reyes etc have approximately brought us 70-80 Million. Now the players we bought ; Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, Sagna etc. I doubt those players cost us above 80M. So basically when you think of it, we haven't spent a penny on transfers the past few years. Now i know we built a new stadium and we have our debts. But i somehow doubt that the debts from the stadium could possibly cause us to not have a transfer budget without selling players(because thats whats been happening).

Now in a nutshell, the point i'm trying to make is, how bad can this fat fuck Usmanov be. He really can't do much worse than the current board (unless he does an Abramovic :scared:).
HeeHaw.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
@Juve Red,

M8 is it not Arsene who does'nt want to spend big,the board have said they will back him with the funds he wants,but he never takes it up and buys some unknown African teenager,It's Mr W who wont spend big m8 not the board.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
M8 is it not Arsene who does'nt want to spend big,the board have said they will back him with the funds he wants,but he never takes it up and buys some unknown African teenager,It's Mr W who wont spend big m8 not the board.
I personally doubt thats the case. Do you honestly believe a manager like Arsene Wenger would think he can win the league with players like Denilson, Song, Eboue and Bentdner? I don't believe a thing our board says. Arsene was never the manager to sell his players when they still had something to offer. How come we're selling players when they're 25 and 24 now?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I personally doubt thats the case. Do you honestly believe a manager like Arsene Wenger would think he can win the league with players like Denilson, Song, Eboue and Bentdner? I don't believe a thing our board says. Arsene was never the manager to sell his players when they still had something to offer. How come we're selling players when they're 25 and 24 now?
I don't know what Mr W thinks m8.He signed Denilson,Eboue and Bentdner though m8.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know what Mr W thinks m8.He signed Denilson,Eboue and Bentdner though m8.
I know he did, like he signed Jeffers, Diawara. Demel and all those lousy youngsters in the past, the difference is, he didn't sell Bergkamp, Pires and Lauren and stick with those lousy youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)