[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (134 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Hey you's are starting to scare me with all this talk :scared: But no matter how motivated Hiddink gets the chelsea players, After everything that has happened to Alex Neddy Buffon, Camo and Juventus in general who have been out of Cl for 2 years and has had all that bullshit thrown at them damagaing their name must surely have more motivation to win than them over paid clowns at chelsea.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
Old Guus is not the one to fear: Scolari had the problem he had no alternative way of playing when they were not winning. With Essien nearing fitness to play, Chelsea won't need that alternative as often.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
we rape them at Bridge as well as in Turin..

this is from telegraph

Guus Hiddink faces fixture over-load with Chelsea and Russia

Guus Hiddink has the potential to take charge of 24 Chelsea games between now and the end of May, with another two World Cup qualifiers for Russia in the middle.

By John Ley

Last Updated: 1:54PM GMT 12 Feb 2009

That Russia have only the two games scheduled, in Moscow against Azerbaijan on March 28, and in Vaduz against Luxembourg four days later, would mean his attentions will not be turned too often.

However, those two crucial World Cup qualifiers come at a time when Chelsea’s season could be made or broken.

A week before the Azerbaijan tie, Chelsea are away to Tottenham, and three days after the international in the Principality, Chelsea have another problematic away game, at Newcastle, followed three or four days later by the first leg of the Champions League quarter finals - if they have overcome Juventus.

If Hiddink brings the success Roman Abramovic craves, he will have little time to celebrate; a week after the FA Cup final - possibly his last game - he is back with Russia, for a World Cup qualifier in Finland.

Chelsea fixtures:
Feb 14 Watford (a) FAC 5
Feb 21 Aston Villa (a) PL
Feb 25 Juventus (h) CL
Feb 28 Wigan (h) PL
March 3 Portsmouth (a) PL
March 7 *FA Cup 6
March 10 Juventus (a) CL
March 15 Manchester C (h) PL
March 21 Tottenham (a) PL
April 4 Newcastle (a) PL
April 7/8 *CLQF 1
April 11 Bolton (h) PL
April 14/15 *CLQF 2
April 18 Everton (h) PL
April 18/19 *FA Cup SF
April 25 West Ham (a) PL
April 28/29 *CLSF 1
May 2 Fulham (h) PL
May 5/6 *CLSF 2
May 9 Arsenal (a) PL
May 16 Blackburn (h) PL
May 24 Sunderland (a) PL
May 27 *CL Final (Rome)
May 30 *FA Cup final (Wembley)
(*Potential fixtures)

Russia fixtures:
March 28 Azerbaijan (Moscow) WC
April 1 Liechenstein (Vaduz) WC
June 6 Finland (a, tbc) WC

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
"The club's loss (£65.7m) is slightly better than the £74m lost last year and £80.2m in 2006/7. It is also some way short of the record £140m announced by Chelsea in 2004/2005."

This is ridiculous. I hope UEFA inputs some type of financial regulations.

Also, it really put's our management into perspective. They (Secco) may not be the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to the transfer market, but in terms of running a business, u can't knock them (Gigli, Blanc). A year in serie b, and a new stadium on the way, and our finances are very healthy.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
"The club's loss (£65.7m) is slightly better than the £74m lost last year and £80.2m in 2006/7. It is also some way short of the record £140m announced by Chelsea in 2004/2005."

This is ridiculous. I hope UEFA inputs some type of financial regulations.
Well, I would hope they require that the owner cover this kind of loss; not by director's loans either - those should be converted to share capital. Instead, I fear the likes of Abrahmovic can just abandon his toy mid season, crippled with a debt run up on his watch, like Arkaga did to Cork City this year.

On the other hand, if an owner wants to put money in properly (not loans, not unenforcable guarantees), then I can't see any real justification in limiting that. I mean, for a Juve fan to bitch about money distorting the game is rich. For years, a cabal of clubs like this have dominated the tops of their leagues and forced the European Cup down the road that's lead to it being the Champions and Assorted Rich Clubs League, pumping money into the elite and keeping them that way.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Well, I would hope they require that the owner cover this kind of loss; not by director's loans either - those should be converted to share capital. Instead, I fear the likes of Abrahmovic can just abandon his toy mid season, crippled with a debt run up on his watch, like Arkaga did to Cork City this year.

On the other hand, if an owner wants to put money in properly (not loans, not unenforcable guarantees), then I can't see any real justification in limiting that. I mean, for a Juve fan to bitch about money distorting the game is rich. For years, a cabal of clubs like this have dominated the tops of their leagues and forced the European Cup down the road that's lead to it being the Champions and Assorted Rich Clubs League, pumping money into the elite and keeping them that way.
It's a matter of degree. Juve never ran consecutive losses anywhere near those figures. When u consider English teams are running away in Europe, and that this success is being achieved on unprecedented levels of credit, than yes, money is clearly distorting the game more so than b4. Current debt levels in football dwarf anything seen in the past. That is a clear indicator that something needs to be done.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I mean, for a Juve fan to bitch about money distorting the game is rich. For years, a cabal of clubs like this have dominated the tops of their leagues and forced the European Cup down the road that's lead to it being the Champions and Assorted Rich Clubs League, pumping money into the elite and keeping them that way.
Yep yep. Power elites always fight tooth and nail to preserve their place at the top of the pyramid. Personally I have no problems with it in football, it's just a meaningless activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)