[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
From what I've heard. Scolari wants Mikel to be like Makalele was, you know a holder and a beast at winning balls. Mikel prefers to go forward and create and isn't adjusting to the role as well as he'd like. I think that's basically it.

Come to think of it neither Agger or Rafa have signed either. :shocked:
yeah rafa was fuming a couple of days ago why agger wasnt offered a new contract, i think this is rafa's last chance either he wins the league(CL could save him too) or he s out as the owners are not big fans

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
From what I've heard. Scolari wants Mikel to be like Makalele was, you know a holder and a beast at winning balls. Mikel prefers to go forward and create and isn't adjusting to the role as well as he'd like. I think that's basically it.

Come to think of it neither Agger or Rafa have signed either. :shocked:
Agger and Benitez have deals until summer 2010, though.

This is the first I've heard about Mikel's contract running out. Ballack's deal runs out in the summer too, I think, and there has been no talk of a renewal, so maybe Chelsea are planning to trim their squad a bit.

Would make sense if Abramovich lost a bunch of cash in the last wee while.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
yeah rafa was fuming a couple of days ago why agger wasnt offered a new contract, i think this is rafa's last chance either he wins the league(CL could save him too) or he s out as the owners are not big fans
That's what I figure. Though Rafa did refuse a contract offer on last Friday because he wants more club control.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Palacios had a medical for Tottenham, it looks like the deal is as good as done.

He was a really good player for Wigan, but where would he fit in Tottenham's team? They already have Modric and Zokora in central midfield.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
De Rossi is the ultimate DM for me. Not a one dimensional destroyer like the modern DMs in that he has an amazing offensive skill set, but is enough of beast to be the lone DM next to a more attacking CM. Such a shame that a warrior like him plays in a team full of losers.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Palacios had a medical for Tottenham, it looks like the deal is as good as done.

He was a really good player for Wigan, but where would he fit in Tottenham's team? They already have Modric and Zokora in central midfield.

watch palacios run back to wigan in the near future, i doubt very much he will ever succeed at a big(gger) club, wigan got a good deal.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Mascherano is better than De Rossi.
it depends in what you want in your midfield, as m.g stated if you want a pure destroyer who will break up play constantly and stay in front of the defensive 4 at all times then mascherano is your man, but if you're looking for a player with more dimensions to his game who can create play, more mobile and has offensive capabilities leaving more gaps, then de rossi is your man

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Mascherano is better than De Rossi.
It can be debated Senor, i don't particularly agree with Andy, but i see where he's coming from.

watch palacios run back to wigan in the near future, i doubt very much he will ever succeed at a big(gger) club, wigan got a good deal.
On the contrary, i believe he will be a success, i personally rate Palacios, and think he might even make it in a big team sometime in his career.

it depends in what you want in your midfield, as m.g stated if you want a pure destroyer who will break up play constantly and stay in front of the defensive 4 at all times then mascherano is your man, but if you're looking for a player with more dimensions to his game who can create play, more mobile and has offensive capabilities leaving more gaps, then de rossi is your man
I couldn't agree more, it all depends on what you're looking for in a midfielder:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)