[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
which brings me to this observation: english refs might just be the worst out there
:agree:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Taylor did not try to injure Eduardo.

You obviously haven't watched much Scottish football.

English refs are probably the worst in any of the major leagues.
what exactly do you have to do to try and injure a player??!

Good news, but in terms of that game, WHO CARES about Eduardo when this was in display :cool:

Wilshere is a talented little fella , can't wait for his breakthrough :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
care to refresh my memory?
sorry for the poor quality it was the best i could find

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBvBcWOdvQ

Iain hume elbowed intentionally in the head by chris morgan who has a reputation for his dirtyness off ball, ultimately causing a fractured skull. Difference with eduardo's case, the tackle wasn't intentional eventhough it was just as serious

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
sorry for the poor quality it was the best i could find

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBvBcWOdvQ

Iain hume elbowed intentionally in the head by chris morgan who has a reputation for his dirtyness off ball, ultimately causing a fractured skull. Difference with eduardo's case, the tackle wasn't intentional eventhough it was just as serious
Morgan is a montster, that should not be allowed to play football, theres no doubt about it. But i am yet to be convinced that Taylor didnt intend to hurt Eduardo, why were his studs so high??

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It was reckless, but not malicious intent to hurt, together with the unfortunate timing of Eduardo having his studs stuck on the grass, which made the HUGE difference and is very vital for the break.

For example, I have seen Diaby make identical tackle but in WORSE version then Taylors, but Diaby, despite how ridicolously dangerous it was, didnt break the guys leg, because the players boots werent stuck on the grass, and hence he didnt break it after hitting it, because of that vital condition. I see similar reckless tackles being made, some worse then Taylors, but the difference isnt they arent as unlucky as Eduardo who has his boots stuck on the gras, hence tackling his foot right in that instant meant that dangerous injury

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
what exactly do you have to do to try and injure a player??!
Look at tackles by Roy Keane or Souness, when they go for a guys knee, or when players go throwing elbows about. That is trying to hurt a player.

Taylor went into the tackle to try and get the ball, but Eduardo was too quick so he decided to bring him down. It was just unlucky that it resulted in a serious injury.

It was reckless, but not malicious intent to hurt, together with the unfortunate timing of Eduardo having his studs stuck on the grass, which made the HUGE difference and is very vital for the break.

For example, I have seen Diaby make identical tackle but in WORSE version then Taylors, but Diaby, despite how ridicolously dangerous it was, didnt break the guys leg, because the players boots werent stuck on the grass, and hence he didnt break it after hitting it, because of that vital condition. I see similar reckless tackles being made, some worse then Taylors, but the difference isnt they arent as unlucky as Eduardo who has his boots stuck on the gras, hence tackling his foot right in that instant meant that dangerous injury
:tup:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Look at tackles by Roy Keane or Souness, when they go for a guys knee, or when players go throwing elbows about. That is trying to hurt a player.

Taylor went into the tackle to try and get the ball, but Eduardo was too quick so he decided to bring him down. It was just unlucky that it resulted in a serious injury.
Nobody tackles the knee regularly. Not Keane. Not even Souness. Nothing you can do with an elbow is as damaging as a clumsy lunge at the shin can be. I think Taylor was a mix of a naturally dirty player and a screwed up tackle. No one goes for a leg break: you'll get sent off every time (unless you're England's great white hope - Gerrard got away with some awful tackles in his youth), and break the leg maybe one time in ten.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Eℓvin;1873872 said:
That guy who crushed Cech's head was pretty reckless.
Stephen Hunt. He's a bit rash in his tackles and prone to seeing red, but I think that one was a lot of bad luck. Here's the video:
Listen to the commentators, "I think he took a little knock." "I think he just caught him with his shin."

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Stephen Hunt. He's a bit rash in his tackles and prone to seeing red, but I think that one was a lot of bad luck. Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdaRFDCm8Q
Listen to the commentators, "I think he took a little knock." "I think he just caught him with his shin."
A camera which followed Hunt after he went away showed Hunt winking towards the Reading bench after that incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)