[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nobody tackles the knee regularly. Not Keane. Not even Souness. Nothing you can do with an elbow is as damaging as a clumsy lunge at the shin can be. I think Taylor was a mix of a naturally dirty player and a screwed up tackle. No one goes for a leg break: you'll get sent off every time (unless you're England's great white hope - Gerrard got away with some awful tackles in his youth), and break the leg maybe one time in ten.
I just meant that Keane and Souness went into tackles with the intention of hurting the player more often than most players do.

Did you see the elbow by Morgan on Hume that fractured the guy's skull?

Eℓvin;1873872 said:
That guy who crushed Cech's head was pretty reckless.
Not really.

The ball was there to be won. It was just unfortunate that Hunt's knee hit Cech's head.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah thats why I am suprised, perhaps its the financial crisis hitting the lower teams, but selling basically your vital players, is bit weird.

Especially Palacios and Heskey, they wont miss Kilbane much, even if he is a good player for that type of team. I dont see how any of those remaining like the two I mentionned will stick around come summer, when they are dismantling the sound team they have.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Heskey was out of contract in the summer, so they decided to take money now rather than lose him for nothing in the summer.

They just want to stay up, they don't care about the UEFA Cup. I can understand why they would want to cash in on players when they are at their maximum value.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll sign replacements. They have already been linked with Mido and Stephen Hunt.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Kilbane didn't even start for them anymore, so it won't be much of a loss, Palacios and Heskey on the other hand...

They got Mido on loan btw, Marlon King going the other way.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats a good deal for either of them. Not TOTAL retards like City, who paid 18m pound for De Jong, when they could sign him for 1.7m in the summer due to his contract. I mean, SERIOUSLY, how fucking daft, even if you have ze money.

Btw, I want to congratulate Fred in advance, seems like its pretty much done, congrats for getting an amazing player like Arshavin. Your team has enough hacks as it is, you need some real quality.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Neither am i, We're not even close to their 20M Euro valuation of the player. I hope we do get him, i'm tired of seeing Denilson, Diaby and Eboue gracing the wings.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think they are closing to reaching a compromise, even if Arsenal play hardball and want to drag it on as much as possible to save even one penny, and Zenit have complete disregard for lowering their demands even an inch.

They want 20m or so, Arsenal offering 12 at best it seems (really weird, ok playing hard ball, but 12 is the final offer???), they might reach a compromise around 15-18 I think. Its in both parties best interested to make this happen, or they both are screwed in their own ways.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I really think we should dish out that extra 5-6M required to close the deal. Better than losing out on major money by not qualifying for the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)