[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
per the table, not really. They are 3 points behind Pool and 1 point ahead of Manure. But generally speaking, yes they are. Hope it lasts until end of Feb though.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
They were doing just fine when Scolari took over. I dont know what happened down the road though!! It is kind of strange to see a team with a good Manager and Class players stumble like that!

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Which are what? I dont see them playing football at all. No actics, no spirit. Its like they dont care anymore to win or lose.

HOw could Scolari keep Bosingwa handle CR? He was really shitty! Plus Scolari knows CR very well and should have prepared for a better option to hold his runs.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
People have figured out that if you close down Chelsea's fullbacks, you basically kill their greatest point of attack
absolutely, they are so narrow in midfield it is unreal and if the fullbacks are shut down they struggle. they are terrible at defending balls from wide positions also,now wide is maybe not our strongest point but if we can shut down their full backs and they try to play through the middle then i am pretty sure we can easily absorb what they throw at us

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
:tup:

any league where fergie cud be considered a tactical genius cud never be highly rated in my book.
I don't think anyone who knows much about football would consider him a tactical genius, though he has got better at that aspect of management.

He has always been a great man-manager and is very good at getting his team to impose their style on the game, rather than adjusting to how the opponents want to play.
Juve Red is right. I don't think even Fergie would consider himself a tactical genius. In fact, I remember him criticising Wenger (back when it was a two horse race) for depending too much on tactics. Ferguson's management style involves a simple 4-4-2, good players, motivation and dicipline. It's all you need for the most part.

Oct 3, 2004
For those who saw the MUFC-Chelsea match, do you think that Juve have a realistic chance in beating them?

They have bruised confidence, and are enduring poor form, for starters.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For those who saw the MUFC-Chelsea match, do you think that Juve have a realistic chance in beating them?

They have bruised confidence, and are enduring poor form, for starters.
Yes, we can beat them:

absolutely, they are so narrow in midfield it is unreal and if the fullbacks are shut down they struggle. they are terrible at defending balls from wide positions also,now wide is maybe not our strongest point but if we can shut down their full backs and they try to play through the middle then i am pretty sure we can easily absorb what they throw at us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)