[ENG] Premier League 2014/2015 (2 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Balo!:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Why does money just get thrown at the English clubs like this as opposed to the better performing Spanish or Germans? Other than the language barrier, surely their leagues are equally as attractive, especially Germany.
Nothing to do with performance. Viewership, that's what the EPL has.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Kane is more and more looking like a genuine talent. Would be surprised actually to see him turn out as scrummy like other "English talents" during recent years.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Why does money just get thrown at the English clubs like this as opposed to the better performing Spanish or Germans? Other than the language barrier, surely their leagues are equally as attractive, especially Germany.

:agree: I love this league, it cannot be beat.
Balo!:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to do with performance. Viewership, that's what the EPL has.
Marketing simple as that. Premier league marketed their league very well, Sky helped as well with that and it is much more appealing to watch a premier league game.

I watch Premier league games every week and honestly i only watch Juve over the Premier league games as it is just better to watch.

Also the image of Serie A is terrible, who wants to watch half empty stadiums with massive tracks around them with fuck all atmosphere? Every single Premier league game is sold out and just looks so much better on the eye.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Marketing simple as that. Premier league marketed their league very well, Sky helped as well with that and it is much more appealing to watch a premier league game.

I watch Premier league games every week and honestly i only watch Juve over the Premier league games as it is just better to watch.

Also the image of Serie A is terrible, who wants to watch half empty stadiums with massive tracks around them with fuck all atmosphere? Every single Premier league game is sold out and just looks so much better on the eye.
I've watched games in empty Serie B stadiums with better atmosphere than in the EPL.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Also the image of Serie A is terrible, who wants to watch half empty stadiums with massive tracks around them with $#@! all atmosphere? Every single Premier league game is sold out and just looks so much better on the eye.
Bundesliga, La Liga are both better to watch than the EPL

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I've watched games in empty Serie B stadiums with better atmosphere than in the EPL.
Who the fuck is going to watch Serie B? Serie A atmosphere suck most of the time lets be honest. The odd derby will have amazing atmosphere's in italy but the majority of games have half empty stadiums with big tracks around them and thats puts people off watching the games.

- - - Updated - - -

Bundesliga, La Liga are both better to watch than the EPL
It comes down to personal preference, imo la liga is boring as hell to watch. Premier league is mostly end to end and teams going at it for 90 minutes. I dont watch Bundesliga at all so i cant comment on the league but that is why imo the premier league does so well.

Premier league is just a really good league to sit back on the couch and watch.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

As funny as it might sound the game FIFA has had a huge impact on that viewership. EA promotes the EPL to the world like no other league. They've conquered the American gaming comunnity having a game that is one of the most sold every year, they hit the jackpot.

There's never been as much enthusiasm and following in Football by Americans as now, look at the World Cup.

NBC - who bought the rights for the league and shows all matches in 5 different channels - ratings only keep going up.

"Nearly 10 million viewers have tuned in to NBC Sports Group's Premier League coverage since Aug. 17, leading to a 67 percent daily viewership increase for NBCSN, marking the largest cable sports network growth over that span"

- - - Updated - - -

And let's not forget the 1.4 million American viewers on Manchester United - Arsenal.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
As funny as it might sound the game FIFA has had a huge impact on that viewership. EA promotes the EPL to the world like no other league. They've conquered the American gaming comunnity having a game that is one of the most sold every year, they hit the jackpot.

There's never been as much enthusiasm and following in Football by Americans as now, look at the World Cup.

NBC - who bought the rights for the league and shows all matches in 5 different channels - ratings only keep going up.

"Nearly 10 million viewers have tuned in to NBC Sports Group's Premier League coverage since Aug. 17, leading to a 67 percent daily viewership increase for NBCSN, marking the largest cable sports network growth over that span"

- - - Updated - - -

And let's not forget the 1.4 million American viewers on Manchester United - Arsenal.
Yep it's insane, sadly this could have been Serie A but the league was never interested in running a smart business and went to shit shortly after calciopoli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)