[ENG] Premier League 2014/2015 (2 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Chelsea and Man City are clearly ahead of the rest of the pack. One of them will win the title; that is a guarantee at this point.

I'd love to see a top 4 that looks like this:

1.) City
2.) Chelsea
3.) Southampton
4.) Tottenham

Both United (yet again) and Arsenal missing out on the CL would be epic.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Papers are saying Gerrard is going to leave Liverpool, that's the last of the Istanbul team then. As legendary as he is for the club, it's probably best for all parties involved. The team is usually better without him in the side these days and he probably realizes it himself.
He really was a sensational, all-action midfielder back in the day (2004-2009)...but his decline once he entered his 30s has been pretty clear. Legendary player for Liverpool, but will always be a shame for him that he never managed to win the EPL title with them. That slip though...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I steer clear of Arsenal forums, blogs, fans these days. The negativity and at times delusion around those parts is too much for me. Just the other day there was a debate on Arsenal Mania on who the better central midfield pairing was: Ramsey - Wilshere Vs Kroos - Modric :sergio:

But that was a funny piece :D

Why are people comparing this Chelsea to Bayern and Real? Hats off to Mourinho, but even he can't bring Chelsea an important trophy when Hazard is his main player. It takes quality and character if you want to win important things, not overhyped kids with above average dribbling ability.
As expected, City caught them and it's a matter of a week or two until they overtake them. And we're talking about a weak-ish EPL, not even close to the league it used to be some years ago.
Come on Alen, don't be stubborn :D

Chelsea is a team that boasts individuals like Diego Costa, John Terry and Cesc Fabregas, if Eden Hazard in your eyes is the main man in that team and you still consider him an overrated player with average dribbling abilities, I wonder what you think about the aforementioned three.

Word of advice, just admit your mistake and stop digging yourself a deeper hole :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No reason to hate Gerrard imo. A Liverpool legend, despite the infamous "slip", I wish him the very best. The EPL will surely miss him.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
No reason to hate Gerrard imo. A Liverpool legend, despite the infamous "slip", I wish him the very best. The EPL will surely miss him.
Being a Liverpool legend you are by default disgusting.

And people calling him 'Pool's greatest ever :lol:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
“Statistics,” Grimandi declared, “Give people the chance to exist who have little knowledge.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/02/art-goalscoring-football-statistics-aguero-bony

- - - Updated - - -

I visited a few football sites this morning. I thought Gerrard had died overnight in a horrible car accident.
Yeah, the eulogies had that sort of feel to them.

No reason to hate Gerrard imo.
Is being Scouse not enough of a reason?

I think his decision to leave Liverpool is an affront to the 96 and their horrible relatives, quite frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I never thought about how this obsession with stats might influence a players decision making though

Players, he said, are well aware of the way clubs use data, and how careers can rise and fall on such numbers. As a result they will often take fewer risks now, refuse to engage in “a duel” they might lose, tread a comfortable line in passing, and literally play a percentage game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would question whether it has actually got to the point of players adjusting their game to make their stats look better.

But if the obsession with stats goes on it is logical that that will start to happen at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)