[ENG] Premier League 2013/2014 (20 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I havent seen him much, about 20 games or so. I wouldn't except more goals from him than from Giroud, he does have a lot more flair to his game though, can make things happen on his own.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Goals like Hull's first one is conceded every PrL match, incredible how much space there is given on corners. Not to mention own goals. That is a guarantee every match in the league. :lol2:

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
can't remember Arsenal dropping any points against any mid-table or bottom of the league clubs except the first match against Villa, with that record I see them atleast in contention for the title in the final weeks of the season.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
How good is Jackson Martinez, can those who have watched him give me a description of his strengths, weaknesses?
Really good. When compared to Falcao (which actually makes a lot of sense, because their career paths have been quite similar), he has better goals coring record than Falcao in both Colombian and Portuguese leagues. I remember watching him play for Chiapas in Liga MX one time, he looked like Drogba in his prime: bigger, stronger, better than anyone else.

He's also quite fast and agile for a player of his size, that's why I think he is perfectly suited for the EPL. His heading abilities are similar to Giroud, but once again, his pace, mobility and athleticism makes him a better player in that department, because Giroud's diving headers reminds me more of falling brick than a header sometimes.

I'd say he's pretty much ambidextrous, because if you look at his goals, he can finish equally as good with both feet. What I like about him the most is probably his flair - great dribbling technique and ball control, which allows him to create chances not only for himself, but for his teammates too. As I've read somewhere before, he really likes to flirt with the off-side line, but that really isn't a problem because of his speed.

I'd say he's the definition of "complete forward", there really isn't a thing this guy can't do. It's time for him to leave Porto, they have been really poor this season and he seemed like the only one who was willing to play at some points. Arsenal would be perfect for him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Really good. When compared to Falcao (which actually makes a lot of sense, because their career paths have been quite similar), he has better goals coring record than Falcao in both Colombian and Portuguese leagues. I remember watching him play for Chiapas in Liga MX one time, he looked like Drogba in his prime: bigger, stronger, better than anyone else.

He's also quite fast and agile for a player of his size, that's why I think he is perfectly suited for the EPL. His heading abilities are similar to Giroud, but once again, his pace, mobility and athleticism makes him a better player in that department, because Giroud's diving headers reminds me more of falling brick than a header sometimes.

I'd say he's pretty much ambidextrous, because if you look at his goals, he can finish equally as good with both feet. What I like about him the most is probably his flair - great dribbling technique and ball control, which allows him to create chances not only for himself, but for his teammates too. As I've read somewhere before, he really likes to flirt with the off-side line, but that really isn't a problem because of his speed.

I'd say he's the definition of "complete forward", there really isn't a thing this guy can't do. It's time for him to leave Porto, they have been really poor this season and he seemed like the only one who was willing to play at some points. Arsenal would be perfect for him.
I echo what Monco says here. He will score with any imaginable part of his body, making him an out-and-out goalscorer.

This season he hasn't had as many great opportunities with the loss of service from James Rodriguez to Monaco. But even with the sub-par replacements in Josue, Quintero, and Herrera he's managed to still make a serious challenge for the league's scoring lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)