Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But that doesn't make sense considering we have Marchisio out with a serious injury and Khedira can't be relied on.
Why can't Khedira be relied upon?

It looks to me like the idea is to rely upon him as a midfield starter this year. Before his injury troubles, he played 4-5 seasons of 3000+ minutes. Then major injury, and niggling little minor injuries followed as he tried to recover and regain full fitness. But he upped his minutes from 650 in 2014-15 to 1950 minutes last season for us. Add to that Allegri seemed fine playing the full 90 minutes in both of the first 2 matches this year... which was rarely done last year, I think he had maybe a half-dozen appearances all last year where he played the full 90...

I'd say Allegri and our management are counting on Khedira to be healthy and a starter this season... They've invested a lot in returning him to fitness, and are counting on having succeeded.

It's a little worrisome to rely on him, but I'm betting on Sami having a huge year for us. :D

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
My guess is that although the probability is lower than 25%, I think its still possible we could nip Matuidi at the last minute. If not, I think we will get Witsel.

Cuadrado is probably a 70% chance we can close a loan deal at the last minute.

In other news.....

Chelsea have supposedly tried to LOAN James but got knocked back. Remember that James is on a big salary. He gets paid what Higuain gets paid. My guess is that one of Kovacic, Isco or James will not be playing for Real Madrid this season. I think one of them could be an opportunistic transfer. A CM and Cuadrado are our priorities but I can see a potential loan deal for one of those 3 players as an opportunity. Remember that Arsenal have made their 2 big acquisitions, Chelsea is not offering champions league football and I doubt Tottenham, ManU or Man City will either want or be interested in those players. This is an outside chance but I rate the chance at less than 20%.

Imagine we end the mercato with Matuidi, Cuadrado and a loan deal for Isco/James. That would definitely be close to a 10/10 mercato.

PowerNedved

Mar 21, 2014
Could Dybala play the same RW role as Messi in a 433 for Juventus? Even though he's a SS I've seen him deploy to the right wing and cut inside just like Messi does. With Pjaca on the left and Higuain/Mandzukic as CF we could be a more offensive team.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Could Dybala play the same RW role as Messi in a 433 for Juventus? Even though he's a SS I've seen him deploy to the right wing and cut inside just like Messi does. With Pjaca on the left and Higuain/Mandzukic as CF we could be a more offensive team.
Of course, totally doable. Just requires the wing forwards to do a bit more defensive work and the mid 3 not attack as much.

It would probably see Higuain scoring more goals as he was in a 433 at Napoli

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Why can't Khedira be relied upon?

It looks to me like the idea is to rely upon him as a midfield starter this year. Before his injury troubles, he played 4-5 seasons of 3000+ minutes. Then major injury, and niggling little minor injuries followed as he tried to recover and regain full fitness. But he upped his minutes from 650 in 2014-15 to 1950 minutes last season for us. Add to that Allegri seemed fine playing the full 90 minutes in both of the first 2 matches this year... which was rarely done last year, I think he had maybe a half-dozen appearances all last year where he played the full 90...

I'd say Allegri and our management are counting on Khedira to be healthy and a starter this season... They've invested a lot in returning him to fitness, and are counting on having succeeded.

It's a little worrisome to rely on him, but I'm betting on Sami having a huge year for us. :D
That's a really big risk to take if you're going all out for the CL. Why risk it?

And sorry, but you betting on it doesn't exactly make my worries go away. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)