Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It just seems like bad business to be honest. Still, this mercato has been like a dream, but to leave our midfield this exposed is baffling after all the work we've done to improve this squad. Kinda amateurish, surprisingly enough.
Yeah, I agree. Thankfully, our net spend is close to zero in this mercato taking into consideration all of the purchases and sales. We've gotten some incredible players, and if we wanna take a risk now on Witsel for a reasonable fee then I say do it, it's not gonna harm us at all, even if he fails.

And there's something about him that convinces me that he could be a good fit for italian football. He's the most technical midfielder we've been linked to (apart from Fabregas, which was never gonna happen) in recent weeks.

Often times Witsel doesn't leave a big impression, but from what I gather (and I think @Seven would agree), the dude is technically gifted on the ball and rarely makes blunders.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yeah, I agree. Thankfully, our net spend is close to zero in this mercato taking into consideration all of the purchases and sales. We've gotten some incredible players, and if we wanna take a risk now on Witsel for a reasonable fee then I say do it, it's not gonna harm us at all, even if he fails.

And there's something about him that convinces me that he could be a good fit for italian football. He's the most technical midfielder we've been linked to (apart from Fabregas, which was never gonna happen) in recent weeks.

Often times Witsel doesn't leave a big impression, but from what I gather (and I think @Seven would agree), the dude is technically gifted on the ball and rarely makes blunders.
I disagree with the bolded part. :D

He's gonna have more playing time than you think. Marchisio out, Khedira more fragile than glass, Asamoah too + AFCON. That leaves Pjanic, Lemina, Hernanes, Sturaro and Witsel. :D

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Deschamps: 'Matuidi isn’t happy…’
By Football Italia staff

Didier Deschamps warns Blaise Matuidi’s future must be resolved soon - “I don’t think he’s happy with the situation he’s living in”.

Juventus were trying to bring the French international to Serie A, but Paris Saint-Germain then declared he’d sign a new contract.

Today L’Équipe reported that a move to the Bianconeri is still on the table, as Matuidi is unhappy with his lack of playing time so far this season.

“I still haven’t spoken to him, but he has a contract with PSG and the chairman closed the door,” Deschamps told Premium Sport when asked about the midfielder’s future.

“I don’t think he’s happy with the situation he’s living in. If he stays in Paris I’m happy as long as he plays as many games as he was before, because now he’s playing a lot less.

“He’s a player of international class, who is able to adapt to any team. He could definitely do really well at Juventus.”

http://www.football-italia.net/90613/deschamps-‘matuidi-isn’t-happy…’

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I disagree with the bolded part. :D

He's gonna have more playing time than you think. Marchisio out, Khedira more fragile than glass, Asamoah too + AFCON. That leaves Pjanic, Lemina, Hernanes, Sturaro and Witsel. :D
Marchisio back from October ;) And Khedira hopefully not as injury-plagued as last season.

But yeah, Witsel might see considerable playing time here.

Might not be so bad, though. We'll see.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Marchisio back from October ;) And Khedira hopefully not as injury-plagued as last season.

But yeah, Witsel might see considerable playing time here.

Might not be so bad, though. We'll see.
Inshallah he'll return as stong as ever by November.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Witsel never loses the ball. And I mean never. Also, people here say his finishing is poor. It's not. I don't even know where they'd get that from. He's strong in the air and regularly scores when played more upfront.

If you play him as a box to box or offensive midfielder he's actually quite okay. The problems arise when you want him to play like Pirlo. He just doesn't have that vista.

In many ways he's like Khedira I guess..

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
So if we sign Witsel and don't sell Hernanes. Pragmatically speaking which is better for the squad on the long term: Freeze Hernanes and pay his full salary, or keep him for the coppa matches and 2-3 league games in case of an injury crisis, and send Sturaro to a mid-table with a good coach like Atalanta or Bologna on a free dry loan while they pay his salary and give him necessary playing time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)