Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
Pogba-Marchisio-Khedira did perfectly well, what makes you think Pjanic-Marchisio_Khedira wont? we have Dani/Cuadrado, AS,and Dybala for extra creativity too
Some concerns:

The condition of Khedira and Marchisio. How much can we realistically rely on them this season? Will they even play 15games together?
Where is actually Pjanic going to play when Marchisio returns? As of now Pjanic is playing regista, will this continue when Marchisio is back ?

Out of all our midfielders Pjanic is the only one that possess real technique and attacking ability (no Hernanes) I want to see another one on close to his level in our squad, because as of now, when it comes to attacking ability our midfield looks thin. I want more offensive options in our midfield trio, because teams good at defending will shut down our wingbacks and strikers, this is when the midfield needs to create, something which for example Matuidi or Gustavo won't assist with.

Anyway, let's see what type of midfielder our club chooses. Going by the words of Allegri he wants a midfielder that will raise our technical level, so let's see.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Anyways, we shoudln't necessarily be looking for a midfielder similar to Pogba (in role - not talent, obviously).

The beauty of football is among other the tactical flexibility.

- Add a more controlling midfielder to the team and suddenly it frees up space for a more attacking wingback.

- Add a goalscoring box-box midfielder and suddenly it frees up Dybala's role even more, letting him be much more of a modern trequartista than a second striker.

So instead of pinpointing a specific midfielder in terms of role/characteristic, we should rather look at the quality, and rely on Allegri to figure out a functioning constellation.

That said: only a blind 'Tuzzer can't see we are in need of a quality midfielder. Injuries, the african champs and lack of depth is a concern.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Some concerns:

The condition of Khedira and Marchisio. How much can we realistically rely on them this season? Will they even play 15games together?
Where is actually Pjanic going to play when Marchisio returns? As of now Pjanic is playing regista, will this continue when Marchisio is back ?

Out of all our midfielders Pjanic is the only one that possess real technique and attacking ability (no Hernanes) I want to see another one on close to his level in our squad, because as of now, when it comes to attacking ability our midfield looks thin. I want more offensive options in our midfield trio, because teams good at defending will shut down our wingbacks and strikers, this is when the midfield needs to create, something which for example Matuidi or Gustavo won't assist with.

Anyway, let's see what type of midfielder our club chooses. Going by the words of Allegri he wants a midfielder that will raise our technical level, so let's see.
i agree with you that i want us to sign a good technical mid but where i dont agree is that we need one that desperately. Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira is good enough creativity wise, especially if you pair them with DA/Cuads- AS and Dybi upfront. Bonucci is also there. id love us to sign a Calhanoglu or Neves or Kovacic but we will be fine without one for sure.

Khedira seems fit currently and Marchisio is back in October according to Allegri. both (or atleast one of them) should be fit and in form for the closing months of the season which is when we really need them and ofcourse they will play 15 games together, this isnt Thiago and Gundogan we are talking about here. Pjanic/Asa-Marchisio/Hernanes-Khedira/Lemina is good enough, anything else we add is a bonus. Pjanic will move to Pogbas place once Marchisio is back and Asa to the bench

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
i agree with you that i want us to sign a good technical mid but where i dont agree is that we need one that desperately. Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira is good enough creativity wise, especially if you pair them with DA/Cuads- AS and Dybi upfront. Bonucci is also there. id love us to sign a Calhanoglu or Neves or Kovacic but we will be fine without one for sure.

Khedira seems fit currently and Marchisio is back in October according to Allegri. both (or atleast one of them) should be fit and in form for the closing months of the season which is when we really need them and ofcourse they will play 15 games together, this isnt Thiago and Gundogan we are talking about here. Pjanic/Asa-Marchisio/Hernanes-Khedira/Lemina is good enough, anything else we add is a bonus. Pjanic will move to Pogbas place once Marchisio is back and Asa to the bench
Should the most important ones in midfield stay healthy and injury-free for the majority of the season we should do fine, I don't disagree with u here. Good enough for scudetto and coppa, could go far in the CL.

Now I'm possibly a pessimistic cunt, but I think further setbacks to our core midfielders is a high possibility when looking at some our mf's injury records. That is why I am a tad more desperate for a capable midfielder to join us.

A toast to healthy and injury free season!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Should the most important ones in midfield stay healthy and injury-free for the majority of the season we should do fine, I don't disagree with u here. Good enough for scudetto and coppa, could go far in the CL.

Now I'm possibly a pessimistic cunt, but I think further setbacks to our core midfielders is a high possibility when looking at some our mf's injury records. That is why I am a tad more desperate for a capable midfielder to join us.

A toast to healthy and injury free season!
i think we can win the scudetto with a Pjanic-Hernanes-Lemina midfield, with our incredibly strong defense, attack and wingbacks there wont be a problem. the team is just too strong not to, with or without injuries. what will be crucial is no major injuries from February until May, which is when we play the CL knock out games. if we survive that period without any serious injuries, i can see us getting the treble

still hope we sell Hernanes and get Calhanoglu though :tuttosport:

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
i think we can win the scudetto with a Pjanic-Hernanes-Lemina midfield, with our incredibly strong defense, attack and wingbacks there wont be a problem. the team is just too strong not to, with or without injuries. what will be crucial is no major injuries from February until May, which is when we play the CL knock out games. if we survive that period without any serious injuries, i can see us getting the treble

Scudetto is bonkers, no doubt in my mind. Our "rivals" are too weak. CL on the other hand.. anyway, :tup:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
no, the 2 free slots (24-25) may either be filled by homegrown players or left empty. with the current squad, even hernanes (or asamoah, zaza, pjanic, higuain, pick one) doesn't fit into the 25-man squad. we absolutely need to sell 2 players even to get cuadrado.
Why both slots for the HG?we already have 4 HG including Audero and means he takes the no' 24 spot.
So we sell Zaza and Hernanes and have 2 spots for Cuad and X.

- - - Updated - - -

GKs - Buffon, Neto, Audero
DFs - Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Rugani, Benatia, AS, DA, Licht, Evra
MFs - Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic, Asamoah, Lemina, Hernanes, Sturaro, Marrone
FWs - Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain, Zaza, Pjaca, Cuadrado

thats our current squad (unless im forgetting someone again). 26 players, 4 HG, one U21. if we dont sign anyone else, this squad is OK, so for every new player that arrives we have to sell one, so basically Hernanes out, new mid in, Zaza out, another player in

for CL, we probably remove Sturaro or Rugani from the list and add a Primavera player
Yeah,that's how i see it too.
Hernanes and Zaza out - > Cuad and Mid in.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Why both slots for the HG?we already have 4 HG including Audero and means he takes the no' 24 spot.
So we sell Zaza and Hernanes and have 2 spots for Cuad and X.
there are different rules for the cl and the serie a. what i wrote applies for the cl list. in the cl, you have:
- 4 club trained slots: marrone, marchisio, 2 remains unfilled
- 4 italy trained slots: buffon, chiellini, barza, bonu (or any other 4 made in italy players)
- 17 "free" slots: 17 of neto, benatia, rugani, sandy, alves, licht, evra, khedira, pjanic, asa, lemina, hernanes, sturaro, dybala, mandzu, zaza, higuain and pjaca (18 players without cuadrado)

so you have to exclude a player from the current squad, even without buying cuadrado.

in the championship, it's easier to comply to the rules as you can move rugani into a club trained spot, include pjaca as an u21, and you're fine.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

I doubt we are interested in him...

Our list of dream signings (the ones who Marotta would like) IMO - Verratti Sanchez James Isco
The list of possible signings - Cuadrado Matuidi Luis Gustavo , Isco?
If you look at it is logical we will try for Isco but I dont know if we do it since I dont know if he is the optimal CM in 3-5-2 and I dont think we are prepared to change it to a Diamond formation

- - - Updated - - -

no, Cuad was for Pereyra. Hernanes and Zaza out, 2 new players in
My guess is if Zaza is gone which is likely - We will pursuit Barbosa and if he choose Inter then he can go **** himself and we will be fine with Cuadrado as a support striker/winger/wing back - Actually he is very versalite he can even play CM
If not we will only sign a midfielder CM

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Links with Bakayoko from Monaco
Anyone know him?

- - - Updated - - -

there are different rules for the cl and the serie a. what i wrote applies for the cl list. in the cl, you have:
- 4 club trained slots: marrone, marchisio, 2 remains unfilled
- 4 italy trained slots: buffon, chiellini, barza, bonu (or any other 4 made in italy players)
- 17 "free" slots: 17 of neto, benatia, rugani, sandy, alves, licht, evra, khedira, pjanic, asa, lemina, hernanes, sturaro, dybala, mandzu, zaza, higuain and pjaca (18 players without cuadrado)

so you have to exclude a player from the current squad, even without buying cuadrado.

in the championship, it's easier to comply to the rules as you can move rugani into a club trained spot, include pjaca as an u21, and you're fine.
Sturaro Hernanes Zaza out Cuad and the new CM TBA in Barbosa as under 21 and we are set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)