[EN] Premier League 2004/05 (2 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
Not really, how many years have u been watching UTD ?
U MISS BECKHAM :D
I've never liked Beckham you know, just cause I am a girl doesnt mean I like Beckham!

I've been watching Man Utd since I was 6.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

I've never liked Beckham you know, just cause I am a girl doesnt mean I like Beckham!

I've been watching Man Utd since I was 6.
I didn't mean it that way i meant utd miss him on the pitch :D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004

I didn't mean it that way i meant utd miss him on the pitch :D
We dont miss a player who tried to organise his own move to Barca before we sold him to Real. Ronaldo is better, Ronaldo is just young and needs to improve his decision making, but I'd glad have Ronaldo over Beckham, anyday!!

I dont remember what happened yesterday (very bad memory), but I know thats when I started supporting them, not that I remember anything about it.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005

We dont miss a player who tried to organise his own move to Barca before we sold him to Real. Ronaldo is better, Ronaldo is just young and needs to improve his decision making, but I'd glad have Ronaldo over Beckham, anyday!!

I dont remember what happened yesterday (very bad memory), but I know thats when I started supporting them, not that I remember anything about it.
Ronlado cant cross whats the point of haveing a winger who cant cross
Beckham maybe is a cunt but he sure can delvier a fine cross
Rooney now thats a talnet!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004

Ronlado cant cross whats the point of haveing a winger who cant cross
Beckham maybe is a cunt but he sure can delvier a fine cross
Rooney now thats a talnet!
Did you see the FA Cup game against Newcastle? Ronaldo who "cant cross" set-up two goals by "not being about to cross", he can cross, but his decision making needs to improve so he knows when to cross, and when to use his tricks.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
No i didn't see it Juventus were playing but don't get ur hopes up for ronaldo he may end up in spain :D
I doubt it, why'd he end up in Spain? Its not like people from Portugal like Spain particularly, and Man Utd are bigger then Real Madrid or any other Spanish club in Portugal.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005

I doubt it, why'd he end up in Spain? Its not like people from Portugal like Spain particularly, and Man Utd are bigger then Real Madrid or any other Spanish club in Portugal.
u will see ;)

Aug 30, 2002
The bottom line is we (manutd) miss Beckham. Ronaldo has the flash and the future but he doesn't consistantly deliver great crosses and through balls over the course of a season (at the moment). Ask Ruud whom he would rather play with - a player whom is self serving (Ronaldo) or a man whom lives for assists (Beckham)? This isn't rocket science!

Also, Frank Lampard is quite clearly much better than Paul Scholes. Paul scholes is a good player but lacks the allround game of Frank Lampard. Lampard can score goals, make great passes as with Scholes but can also tackle, not get lost in big games, and be more physically and athletically influential. If you look at all the top prem teams they all have such dynamic players in the middle of the park who can outdo Scholes - Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Patrick Viera.

Basically, these are our main problems:

The Keane/Scholes midfield combo is too weak in general. Keane is not physically as dominant as he once was and he certainly doesn't get any help from Scholes in a physical sense. My preference would be to replace both to enable us to compete with the other more dynamic top prem mids. Btw this is another area where Beckham helped the team in the past with his workrate and energy.

A partner for Rio Ferdinand. Would have been nice to see Jaap Stam and Ferdinand together but that's another story... The performance from Wes Brown last night was typical of the kind of garbage defending that he and Sillvestre like to give us every now and then.

A new keeper. Cudicini would be nice since he's probably leaving Chelsea.

etc etc...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Like I said, Ronaldo needs to improve his decision-making, too many times does he do a trick when a first-time cross is the best thing to do. So, in that sense we miss Beckham, but ultimately I wouldnt want Beckham back, he is the past we need to be looking to the future.

I agree on the Keane issue, Keane is a legend and always will be, but he isnt the same player, we need someone who can be up and down the pitch for 90mins all the time, Keane is no longer that person.

With Scholes, he was never the kind of player to get involved physically, he is there to score and make the goals, yes he always throws in a tackle (not that I ever want him too, cause lets say tackling isnt his forte).

My idea is too move Heinze to CB, and put either Silvestre or O'Shea (or even give Spector a chance, cause he was very good at the start of the season) a LB.

I doubt Chelsea will sell us Cudicini, and the likely choices (if we sign one, Fergie has been indicating he might say with Howard), are Reina, Kameni or Hildebrand.

Feb 26, 2005
you damn skippy utd.visitor. as far as i'm concerned, ronaldo needs to get all that unnecessary flash and pizzaz out of his game. so many times, van nistelrooy has gotten free in the 18, only to get covered up cos ronaldo delayed the cross. he's cost utd a lot of goals since he came in. with Beckham, van nistelrooy always knew what was coming, and could time his runs accordingly. with ronaldo, he's absolutely clueless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)